RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
Well if you have a crafting shop in (actually haven't looked through it myself) you should only put in very basic items that are easy to obtain. don't put in things that allow you to make items long before you should if you decide to grind on random encounter for 3 hrs straight ( I sometimes do that).

Also glad your back to working on the game, I like how this game is going so far, There's quite a few bugs right now, but it's not like they are bad (except for the status effect on chars, that can get a little annoying sometimes trying to figure out what they have.) I still enjoy playing this, and I can't wait till I can start getting some characters that I would like to play as, and also to see what other characters you will add if any. (thinks of Chrono Cross / Suikoden)

Edit: Also if I could help you out in more than just pointing out problems, or things I don't like(which I'll try not to do) I would, but I'm just not that knowledgeable and/or don't have time to help.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:56:22 AM by kaldrim »

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
What do you mean by this? You mean having the craftable items (i.e. items you make) be basic or the materials needed being basic? I'm actually heavily considering cutting down how many materials are in the game, truth be told. There's an awful lot of them and a lot don't NEED to be there (5 levels of crafting items per character is a lot...). I do have SOME grind spots (there's a rare enemy in Winter Forest for instance that you can steal HP Apples from, but at a 5% chance, the enemy hurts a lot, and it runs away after a set amount of time.

The status thing isn't a bug, that's mostly due to not everyone having sprites (unless you mean them having more than one status on at a time, which is nothing I can do about unless I use DynRPG and the status icons, but that looks really messy...).

Rep:
Level 85
http://www.mediafire.com/?n29jjcfdh8dda56

So I did a bit more remodeling than I thought. Here's what got changed:

*All accessories, except for Iron Duke, have had material costs dropped. In addition, some accessories have had some materials completely removed (for example, the HP/MP +20% and HP/MP +40% accessories both do not require a Dark Matter anymore)
*All shields have had their materials required dropped.
*Some items have had their material costs dropped.
*Several character specific weapons and armors, generally the first/second tier pieces, have had their materials dropped and/or coding fixed.
*Some items were added in the crafting materials shop, others moved to the appropriate levels.

Not EVERYTHING was fixed up/changed yet. In addition, I do not know if the crafting shop will still stick around or not, so there's that to keep in mind. Odds are, I won't keep it around (crafting materials were meant to double over as a way to get more money quickly too after all, as well as being some kind of battle item if need be). So if anything needs changed/fixed, do let me know. Also still need to know whether to keep the shop or not (which most are probably going to say yes for keeping, but...).

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
Whenever I try to fight Yuyuko alone, the game crashes on me. just thought I'd let you know

Rep:
Level 85
Crashes??? That's...odd. Unless I forgot to do something, but that shouldn't be it...it worked before o_O;;

Do you know what the error message was?

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
ehh it works fine today, I tried 3 times yesterday and couldn't get it too work. if I get the message again (can't beat her) I'll let you know if its related to the game.

Rep:
Level 85
Yeah, sometimes the game loves to pull that stunt, and I honestly don't know why. Also, that Yuyuko fight is exactly the same if you fight her with a full party, so it's unchanged (and probably why it's really difficult 1v1), but...getting a beta6 helmet is worth it, no?

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
Yeah I beat her my second try, I just bought some large P's and was easy.

Rep:
Level 85
Several of the fights are all about patience and having a good supply of items, especially 1v1s. That's something I tried to hammer on in this game at least. What level was your Youmu when you beat her?

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
22. but my first few tries I didn't try a couple things, so I know I could of done it earlier.

Rep:
Level 85
Better than the other person I know that beat her around level 28 (I don't know if you had her at a higher level when you first got her or not, since her initial level is 18).

I wonder, how did you handle her? It's always interesting to hear how people dealt with these guys.

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
equip: youkia sword "inu" - Roukanken-Atlas-Aerial Garland- Mortal Soul (i assumed Yuyuko was using some ghost type attacks), went through the battles using 3 Lrage P's and 1 bomb, spammed Crescent Moon Slash (700-1000).

Rep:
Level 85
Had just enough HP to not get murdered by her Swallowtail Crest eh? Interesting. Though having that Mortal Soul was probably one of the best ideas you could've done. I think Spirit Vest (Youmu's starting armor) also has Ghost Resist Up/Death -100% too but having more ATK probably helped a bit (not sure how much that factors into skill damage but...). And yeah, Yuyuko specializes in Ghost attacks (some of them are actually Shadow-elemental instead of Ghost though, but this applies to both fights).

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
Yeah that move hit for for 1200 dmg the first time, the second time only hit me for 600 ( that RNG) and third one missed.

Rep:
Level 85
So, just put in the bosses for beta5 (yes, I did do a little work. Thinking of what monsters I want to put in for the upcoming section after the next 2 dungeons. It's surprisingly not that easy), and well...there's a grand total of 76 bosses right now. For one beta. Keep in mind, beta5 has about 18 some dungeons alone...I DID say that beta5 was going to be long, right? Yeah...

In other news, I am thinking of doing something crazy yet again, as I did with the Bless abilities. You see, Bravery/Faith (2x Attack and 2x Magic, respectively) don't really DO much per say on their own. Sure, they double the appropriate stats, but that doesn't seem to matter too much (especially magic). So what's my idea? I'm thinking of going in and manually making it so that skills that are of one type get double damage and skills of the other type get half damaged (for instance, a character with Bravery will do double the damage with physical skills, but half damage with magic skills).

This will require me to have to manually input each skill a character can learn PER LEVEL twice over, so that there's 3 copies of it. Keep in mind, I can't copy/paste past #5000 in the database. So yeah, there's that. It won't be NEARLY as bad as say, the Bless abilities, as I don't have to put in conditional branches and whatnot. Yet...I'll have to do those AFTER I put in all of the skills, but still not nearly as bad as the Blesses.

On top of that, Marisa MAY get an upgrade for her Attack or Steal command (I haven't decided which) in the form of Mug, depending on the weapon she has equipped. This will force me to have to make a new battle event page for it, but it's a thought~

Still waiting on mapper, but he's close to done now, so I'll be working on the game more soonish. Just...been putting it off a bit due to trying to figure out enemies and such and such...

Rep:
Level 85
Just to let everyone know, my computer has died so I don't have access all the time like I used to. It may be quite a while before I come back...

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Kurosuhato Rokkuriba (Crossed Heart, Rock River)
Just to let everyone know, my computer has died so I don't have access all the time like I used to. It may be quite a while before I come back...

Oh damn it... And here I was looking forward to it...
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 85
Well, I'm on the second-oldest computer in the house now (hasn't been used that much though), so I might be able to get some work done. Am missing some of the newest sprites I got though (not a problem...except I don't have Photoshop on here to help things out and whatnot, nor GIMP...). Oh, and this computer is a Vista so....yeah...

Rep:
Level 85

Been months since I worked on mapping, so doing this bit to see if I still got it in me. I think I still do, and yes, it's barren still since I just made it. Trying to get the bridge thing going for this, though I wonder if I shouldn't worry about coding that in before actually making them...hmmm.

There are steps on this tileset, but they're not the same color as what I'd want to use. I'd need to recolor them (wonder if I couldn't get someone to do that for me...) before I used them, otherwise they'd stick out like a sore thumb (they're brown after all...). Any criticism is welcomed. This isn't the main room, mind you. I'll post that next time or something.

Rep:
Level 85
http://www.mediafire.com/?43iac3wc77a3b34

Fixes:

*Mokou spot on world map, marked now by a meteorite. May need to make sure that it can be accessed.
*Various teleport spots will now appear while Reisen is in the party (i.e. Youkai Mountain and Higan are prime places right now).
*The spot where Yuuka can be found is now marked with a dirt patch. This is so that the player can find her when they need to (if you're curious, if you never got Yuuka and did the Underground prior to getting her, Komachi would mention that you'd need to get Yuuka, so at that point you'd HAVE to go get her).
*The secret passage now has 2 torches on both sides of the wall to distinguish it from other walls.
*Ancient City walls cannot be walked through now. I didn't set the tileset up right for that so they were walk-througable.
*Mokou's Intel was fixed. How I got Ran out of Shikieiki is beyond me.
*Fixed Sakuya speed bugs at a couple points (after defeating Mokou, after Shikieiki event the first time). Forgot to fix the music bug after Kisume though.

That's a few things fixed at least. I don't recall what else I needed to fix, since I lost any potential fixes and whatnot when old computer died (luckily I had the recent patch on Mediafire, so I didn't lose too much other than some sprites...). Do let me know if anything is out of the ordinary!

Rep:
Level 85
If you downloaded the patch, please redownload. Apparently this computer hates saving anything on the C Drive, so anything that I did the past couple days was for naught. Moved project to desktop and now it's working fine...

http://www.mediafire.com/?46q8um1t7as0b4y

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
Looks like Chef is helping you find quite a few things for you. I'm not up to the point where he his, I'm been too busy playing Ni No Kuni to play more of this, but I'll get back to it eventually.

Rep:
Level 85
Aye, Chef has helped quite a bit with fixing bugs and other things, which is what I've been needing this entire time the most really. I got someone else helping with dialogue fix-ups, so all that's really left is for me to actually get mapping and whatnot...whenever I'm more motivated. Mapping is such a pain I tell you...that and the fact that I lost the whole 2 maps I did and some work because Vista is retarded doesn't help matters none...>_<

Rep:
Level 85
WARNING!!! MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD! DO NOT READ SPOILERS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!!!

So here are the dungeons and enemies/bosses that I have thus far for beta5. For those who want to help with figuring out what enemies should be where, feel free to! If you wish to discuss the enemies and bosses, you may do so, but leave the bosses in spoilers so that others don't get spoiled by them! Note, this isn't final...I'm just having issues putting in enemies at the current time!

Also for those curious, as of right now without adding any new sprites, I have 269 unique enemy/boss sprites...yeah, that's a lot. @_@;

Spoiler for:
================================================
           Hollowed Caverns (1st Trip):

(NO ENEMIES)
Yuugenmagan (Boss)
*Tenshi Hinanawi
*Yamame Kurodani
*Medicine Melancholy

*Only fought on overworld, either fought alone, with one another, or all three at once.

Dimensional Rift - Hollowed Caverns:

(NO ENEMIES)
Omega
*Luize (Boss)
Spirit Magic Stone (Boss)

*Two-part fight.

Pandaemonium - Fields:

Bakebake
Tonberry
Bomb
Bloodbones
Chaos Knight
Dante
*Inferno (Boss)

*Can change between forms during battle.

Cave (while as Rinnosuke):

Blood Bat
Black Flan
Red Mousse
Dust Mousse
Flan Princess
Green Cell
Purple Bavarois
White Mousse
Yellow Jelly
Hieda no Akyuu (Boss)
Meimu (Boss)

Valley of Corpses:

Lamia
Lilith
Ahriman
Bio Golem
Blood Flower
Coeurl
Necrodium
Mindflayer
Malboro (Notorious)
Yuugenmagan (Boss)
Lich (Boss)
Tiamat (Boss)

Dimensional Rift - Valley of Corpses:

Mover
PC-98 Marisa (Boss)
Fire Magic Stone (Boss)

Frozen Fields:

Fire Elemental
Fire Gigas
Yuugenmagan (Boss)
Yuki (Boss)
Mai (Boss)

Dimensional Rift - Frozen Fields:

(NO ENEMIES)
Gilgamesh (Boss)
Kotohime (Boss)
Earth Magic Stone (Boss)

Hollowed Caverns (2nd Trip):

Succubus
Steel Golem
Tunneler
Vampire Bat
Vampiress
Mimic
Curse Dragon (Boss)

Path to Ruins of Vina:

Poison Fairy
Malboro
Malboro Menace
Hellhound
Treant
Flower Tank (Boss)
Ice Behemoth (Boss)
King Behemoth (Boss)

Ruins of Vina:

Carbuncle
Magic Pot
Tonberry
Yuugenmagan (Boss)
Evil Eye Sigma (Boss)
Elis (Boss)

Dimensional Rift - Ruins of Vina:

VIVIT-r
Erich (Boss)
VIVIT (Boss)
Water Magic Stone (Boss)

Fallen Shrine:

High Flayer
Zodiark (Boss)
Death (Boss)

Dimensional Rift - Fallen Shrine:

Holy Magic Stone (Boss)

Reimaden:

Water Fairy
Wind Fairy
Mystic Fairy
Gravity Fairy
Suikima
Yuugenmagan (Boss)
Tenshi Hinanawi (Boss)
Phantom Mima (Boss)
The Five Magic Stones (Boss)
Pestilence (Boss)

Sealed Cave:

Catoblepas
Demon Wall
Red Oni (Boss)
Blue Oni (Boss)

Pandaemonium:

Yumeko (Boss)
Shinki (Boss)

Silent Shrine:

Clockwork Dragon
Clockwork Soldier
Beam Cannon
Rika (Boss)
Warmech (Boss)
Meira (Boss)
Gengetsu (Boss)

Pandaemonium:

(NO ENEMIES)
Nazrin (Boss)
Shou Toramaru (Boss)

Myouren Temple:

Karakasa
Karakasa Bake
Kogasa Tatara (Boss)

Palanquin Ship:

Ichirin Kumoi (Boss)
Murasa Minamitsu (Boss)

Hokkai:

Nue Houjuu (Boss)
Kikuri (Boss)
Elis (Boss)
Meimu (Boss)
Order (Boss)
Sariel (Boss)

I can post up to beta8 that I have thus far, but one at a time!

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Hm, I was gonna check this out. But a demo consisting of 6 parts, all close to 200MB each and a 7th part close to 100MB. And then there's still a bunch of seperate music packs and game patches that I have to get in order to be able to play this? I think I'll be skipping this one.

I don't know what's in those files that takes up that much space, but I'd recommend cleaning up some. The higher your filesize, the less people willing or able to download the game.
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!