RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic

In case if it's not obvious, I have no idea what I'm doing! It LOOKS nice so far, but I don't think it's going to loop right. And that doesn't include the shading and obviously the rest of the animation either @_@;;

© 2012 chapman productions inc
Rep:
Level 55
=O
This is why I myself cant handle Spriting, well, that and i couldn't draw a straight line with the straight line tool in paint........

Rep:
Level 85

Credits to CVS Abstract for fixing this and actually animating it for me! I will be using this for the rest of the other animations. However, I am still going to at least finish my animation of this just to see how it WOULD have turned out. If anything, it's practice no?

Rep:
Level 55
=O
I like the fact your working on RM2K3, that's the engine i started on.I still like it but the P-N-P scripts are way to beast to revert back to side view battles. although in the 2k 2k3 versions anything extra was evented which made the creator a legitimate badass...

Rep:
Level 85
I'm hoping the sprites for Hope here don't get damage too much from resizing to fit 2k3's limitations for graphics...I never did like trying to script everything in a game, so I stuck with 2k3 so I could focus on other things. Granted, that meant I couldn't do some of the stuff I WANTED to do, but sometimes sacrifices has to be made, savvy?

Rep:
Level 55
=O
Unfortunantly I savvy, I cant draw so Generators are what I'm stuck using in the art category, before i started learning GML i was "OK" at Eventing.

Rep:
Level 85

Just to show that I tried at least! I checked the animation in Fighter's Factory (didn't save gif cuz obvious transparency issues, and I don't know how to do gifs otherwise really), and it seemed okayish aside from looping back nicely...if someone wants to make that into a GIF, by all means, go for it. Ignore the very first and very last sprites though (first is obvious, and last is a duplicate of the sprite before it).

Hey, if anything, I tried ya? Still going to use CVS's animation though because it flows a lot better than mine does. ^^;;

Rep:
Level 85
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTYVHP4jJq4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTYVHP4jJq4</a>

Yes, that's right...I said I was going to do this like a couple months or so back, and now I've finally got it done! Still no sprites for Hope for obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:42:15 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y26S1jcorCc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y26S1jcorCc</a>

And next up, the Optional Characters! Do expect spoilers in this video too!

Rep:
Level 85
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN7hmwXPH-s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN7hmwXPH-s</a>

Next, the Temporary Characters Exhibition! Only one more exhibition left to go for this~ No annotations this time, because I don't think it's needed here.

Rep:
Level 85

So I did a TINY bit of work, though I think I need to do one more animation before I start going backwards with the frames. Hmmmm....oh, and this is the black part of her shirt (so the very bottom, where it overlaps her skirt).

On a sidenote, after looking at her concept art, I just realized that the blue parts of her shirt aren't actually part of the shirt itself, but a part of the shawl it seems. Or maybe I'm seeing it wrong still...I don't know! @_@;;

Rep:
Level 85
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGeyx_xw-Qc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGeyx_xw-Qc</a>

The final exhibition video for a while! For those who do not know (dunno if it shows here or not), but there are annotations in the first 2 videos (the Playable and Optional Character exhibition videos). And yes, I realize that these animations aren't all pretty, but I'm limited on what I can and cannot use here yo! And spriting them myself is not an option!

Oh, and on a sidenote, Kyouko isn't playable. Sorry!

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Oh, and on a sidenote, Kyouko isn't playable. Sorry!
Of course she isn't.  You said earlier you weren't including any of the characters from TH13 in the game.  Not sure if you changed your mind on that or not, but I haven't seen anywhere that you have.

Rep:
Level 85
I later thought of at least adding one at playable/optional due to how long th13 has been out since this game has been going, but decided against it for that very reason you just stated. Well...I never said I wouldn't include them otherwise though. Just not as playables seeing as there's already 50 something total, which I think is more than enough as it is.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
I was thinking the best option would be a side quest to the temple.

Rep:
Level 85
That was the original idea was a sidequest (I'd already thought of that a long time back, back when I actually got the overworld sprites for each of em). Though 13.5 makes me wonder what new stuff is going to show up...I'd rather not add anymore new characters, but if the game is out longer than this game is before it's finished....well...might be troublesome to say the least.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Yeah ... could pose problems ...

Edit:  By the way, are you using those sprites I supplied you?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 03:50:30 AM by jjwebb »

Rep:
Level 85
I haven't really done much on the game itself in like....a couple months now truth be told. I have them saved and whatnot, just not put into the game proper. Not that that would be hard to do mind you, since it's easy enough. Just haven't done it yet.

Rep:
Level 85

Current update. Original concept artist is attempting to do Hope's battle sprites in a more Soku-ish style (no offense to Chamat and CVS, as their help in the other sprites was very much welcomed), so there's that. He's only got this much done so far though, and not everything is done yet. Hopefully, he'll animate this for me as well, though that might be asking a lot since there's still a lot to do for animations...

Yes, this game isn't dead yet folks. Just still waiting on mapper and all that. I'm also going to leave Koishi's Blue Magic list alone until much later, when everything is said and done. If it's too much of a problem and too strong for this game, then I'll edit it later.

Rep:
Level 85

Don't worry! The game's not dead...just still on hold until maps are done, of which I gave my mapper until the end of the month to finish. Once he's done (or once the end of the month comes around) and I get the maps, the project will be back in full swing. Still need someone to help out with the synthesis shop though...I've no idea how to sort that crazy thing out...and also not sure on the stupid EXP ratio anymore either...;___;

As for the sprite, this is the finalized version just about for Hope's in-battle sprite. It's been updated from the original Chamat sprite to the more Touhou/Soku style, and also borrows the colors of the original for the newer version. However, some changes have been made to the design of Hope even from the concept art, such as the skirt.

Hopefully, soon, I'll be able to post more than just updates for Hope's sprites...I have the story and what I want to do all ready to go in my head. It's just that I have to actually MAP out everything and set everything up. The events and storyboards aren't hard to do (well, I've no idea how hard setting up the puzzles and gimmicks are going to be, especially since I'm more inspired by Valkyrie Profile's and, recently, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time puzzles)...just that the mapping takes me ages to do since I'm terrible at it and dilly-dally like nobody's business!

Again, if anyone is willing to help out on the project, feel free to drop me a line! I can use all the help I can get...not having a new beta out in 1 1/2 years is kinda sad, considering that I've done not that much since then aside from updating from Beta4 2.0 to Beta4 3.0...

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Kurosuhato Rokkuriba (Crossed Heart, Rock River)
This is quite harder to come by than I thought...

I will contribute towards this as much as I can. I got "Miko Hakurei's" MUGEN sprites. It wasn't very easy to find though and I've got a good theme song for a battle... Sounds similar to the Battle for everyone's souls though...

I have managed to create boss death animations should their HP be too low...

I managed to create Limit Breaks more easier now but unfortunately it's still in beta... Every time a turn passes. Everyone who's alive gets their limit gauge filled; I just want one person to fill up when the person gets hit or whenever his/her turn goes! The higher the user's limit level... The more longer the gauge takes to fill...

If you want... I can tell you... Just say the word...
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 85
I probably won't even utilize the Limit System except with Hope, who uses it similarly to FFVIII's Limit Break system.

Boss death animations huh...that could be interesting.

I have her for MUGEN (just can't open her in MUGEN for whatever reason). She won't be a playable character though so no need to worry about that (I do have a theme song for her though!).

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
I probably won't even utilize the Limit System except with Hope, who uses it similarly to FFVIII's Limit Break system.

Boss death animations huh...that could be interesting.

I have her for MUGEN (just can't open her in MUGEN for whatever reason). She won't be a playable character though so no need to worry about that (I do have a theme song for her though!).

Would you place Miko as an optional boss to give Reimu's Miko's abilities where her critical change skyrockets and Miko's Sealing Tags would be one of Reimu's Secret Weapons...
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 85
She's meant to be an optional boss for Reimu specifically aye, but I haven't decided on HOW to implement her yet. I do think it'll involve Reimu's ultimate weapon/accessory though. I can't really change the default Critical% of character directly though, nor can I change how character's elemental/status resistances are directly except on the character themselves...

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
She's meant to be an optional boss for Reimu specifically aye, but I haven't decided on HOW to implement her yet. I do think it'll involve Reimu's ultimate weapon/accessory though. I can't really change the default Critical% of character directly though, nor can I change how character's elemental/status resistances are directly except on the character themselves...

I see... Beside Miko as a boss should specialize with heavy hitting physical attacks and her Fantasy Universe [which is stronger than Fantasy Heaven] happens only if her HP is around 50% as she makes a statement
"You are stronger than I thought... Then I will fight you with any restraints..." She has a permanent ATK boost and rarely - not very common use of Fantasy Universe. This should make her quite a challenge...