RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XHAP6YQS

Big update patch, this one including the Crafting system as it'll be for now. Expect it to change quite a bit over the next few patches. It's not balanced out at all right now, but that's where I need input anyways! >_<

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
don't worry, I'll avoid the crafting system as much as possible c:

Rep:
Level 85
It's not exactly MANDATORY to do really. It's more of an alternative to buying everything moreso than anything (and getting unique stuff for others).

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
yeah ... if I get the mats to make something, and I'm aware of it, then I'll craft it, if I feel it's worth it ...

Rep:
Level 85
Oh, I tried to make things feel worth it for the most part. Mainly the special weapons, since most of what you COULD craft for characters exclusively, you can probably buy easier than crafting them save for the first 4 weapons and armors they have. The materials may be a bit unbalanced (in terms of getting and whatnot) since I haven't decided on where to put them and whatnot (hell, I made the duder in the North Human Village sell things that are all new at that).

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
you mean the fruit?

I like that pricing system ...
10 hp = 50
10 mp = 50
10 hp and mp for whole party = 100 ...

nice pricing on the third item c:

Rep:
Level 85
Yeah, most of those weren't going to be buyable, but I'll leave it as is for now. Again, unbalances and whatnot. Some things don't even work right now (only thing right now is Emergency Stairway, and that's because I haven't implemented the Teleport system yet)

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
lulz ... if you take the hard path when you go to the forest of magic the first time, after you fight Rumia and Mystia, when Mystia asks what's going on, she has a "seizure" ... her speed is probably set too high, because she changes direction like ... 5-10 times a second ...

Rep:
Level 85
Yeah, I noticed that from a vid. I never fixed it at all for whatever reason. Maybe because I thought it didn't need fixed per say.

For everyone else: Would you guys be interested if I did a LP of TF myself? Granted, there won't be any voice commentary from me (XP doesn't have volume control for multiple things like Win7 does so I can't really lower the volume of the game without lowering the volume of my entire computer...), but I can leave comments in the description or annotations, whichever.

Rep:
Level 85
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NFBXLZ7X

New update patch, includes updated documents as well. Fixes some things what with speed issues and whatnot from cutscenes and events.

***EDIT***

Link updated, mainly because I forgot to move over the fixes I did for the crafting system to their proper places. So yes, crafting system got fixed up due to having incorrect values and not working properly for some (and not all of the things work right now as I don't have all of the formulas and stuff made yet so don't worry about those).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 03:37:02 AM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
link not available?

Rep:
Level 85
Link updated cuz I goofed up and had to reupload it.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
would be nice if you were regularly on skype, just so we could talk ... would make communicating about this much easier ...  oh yeah, about the typos ....  I have around 10+ typos spotted, do you want me to continue looking, or do you want to have the current ones now, then I can give you other ones later?

Rep:
Level 85
Now would be good. And I don't use Skype usually now that I remember that it lags the hell out of my computer something fierce @_@

Would be nice to check in on Edwin to see how he's doing with the sprites too, since I can't really talk on Skype cuz of said lag (makes doing anything else impossible for me >_> )

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
weird ....

here's my current list of typos:

Spoiler for:
Human Village (South)
One of the guys in 2nd floor of shop
"... you can only use it at Save Points as well, or on the World Map!"
"...it at save..." should have "a" betwwen at and save ... "...as well, or..." should be "as well as ..."
another random guy
"...are traveling to is will..."
the word "is" should be removed.

SDM
Random Fairy outside of Remilia's room
"Eek......the mistress' sister is sure scary..."
"is sure" should be "sure is"

Magic Forst After first fight with Rumia, Aya
"I wonder if she's not being affected like the youkai..." the word "not" should be removed.

Human Village (North)
Lunasa:
"I don't the last..."
should be changed to "I don't know the last..."

Forest of Magic
Cirno:
"why did you fight us..." fight should be "attack"
Mistya/Rumia:
"We fought you...?" fought should be "attacked"

Marisa's house
Chaos:
"Let them destroy theirselves" theirselves should be "themselves"

SDM
Meiling:
And if I don't? What will you do?..."
"I don't? what..." should be "I don't, what..."

Eientei
Eirin:
of course, but it's not big loss really.
"...but it's not big loss..." should be "but it's not a big loss..."
Suika:
They left quite a bit of moneh behind when they left too when they left! maybe we should go out!
This one is a bit obvious on what needs to be fixed ...
Rinnosuke:
...about fear, hate, pain.... an utopia, you may say.
"an utopia" should be "a utopia" since the "u" has a "y" sound.
Kanako:
"Nonsense! There has always been an utopia"
same thing.

SDM
Patchouli:
That was nice little act....
should be "That was a nice little act..."
....but you're not the best actor...
actor should be actress

After battle with Remi, Reimu comments about Hope looking tired, but never faced her.

Tengu Mountain
Suwako:
... "several people call themselves the "Entities of Chaos"...
is that supposed to be "Entities of Pandora" or is that right as is?
Kanako:
"very fragment of Pandora herself. ..."
fragment should be fragments

Rep:
Level 85
And fixed all but the Reimu not facing Hope thing. Don't feel like fixing that right now >_<

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
I'll let you know when I find more.

Rep:
Level 85
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7QXIP2AH

THIS is needed...apparently, here's what happened. I had a Parallel Process to check "If this character has this weapon equipped, give these skills to her. Otherwise, remove these skills", which was somehow messing with the Victory/Defeat handler. Why? I have NO idea...

Rep:
Level 85

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Kurosuhato Rokkuriba (Crossed Heart, Rock River)
How far have developed in Touhou Fantasy in terms of storyline on a percentage scale?

Spoiler for:
I'm not going to ask about the features or how many characters are you going to place as playable but I know you finished that Invasion... So what I'm going to ask is... Are you planning to split more than two parties to begin searching for those crystal things, Two Parties go after Konngara and Sariel while the other three begin searching for the other crystals

But I believe I know what the other trouble is... You couldn't think of any design or how the dungeon looks like in all locations of Makai... Am I wrong? So it would make sense why did you introduce the Crafting System... You're trying to think of what happens next while you're thinking new ideas...

Then again in Touhou Fantasy... I don't really know where to go next... Man I wish there is a walkthrough in your game so I wouldn't be the only one who's lost... Maybe it's something you could do or someone else you might know who could make a walkthrough for others not to get lost in Touhou Fantasy...
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 85
I've been doing my own LP series for TF, just not going to upload it until I have more videos done for everything else (for TF and non-TF). The crafting system was something as a breather while thinking of new ideas yeah, though I already know what I WANT to do for each dungeon gimmick...just not how I want to DESIGN each dungeon and whatnot.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
in other words, he has everything planned out, he just has no idea how he wants to map the areas yet.  That's what he is trying to come up with, while at the same time, implementing things he has come up with already.

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
in other words, he has everything planned out, he just has no idea how he wants to map the areas yet.  That's what he is trying to come up with, while at the same time, implementing things he has come up with already.

Thanks for that jjwebb...

I sometimes use the auto dungeon thing but I usually tweak it to make it more... Detailed persay?

but I also draw a random pattern and make it either large or small...
whenever when it comes to drawing: (X,Y)

I dont do the standard 1x1 I sometimes go by 3x2 for smaller maps or 6x4 for bigger maps
(If your average at math by what I meant by X,Y)

I place the walls afterwards then I do the objects for the entire dungeons or forests or mountain terrain...
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
One thing worth noting is that Yuuka created Marisa's Master Spark, and has her own version of it - the Twin Spark. As the name suggests, she duplicates herself and fires two Master Sparks.

WHY DOESN'T MY YUUKA HAVE THIS EPIC ATTACK?!!?!??!!?!?!

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
One thing worth noting is that Yuuka created Marisa's Master Spark, and has her own version of it - the Twin Spark. As the name suggests, she duplicates herself and fires two Master Sparks.

WHY DOESN'T MY YUUKA HAVE THIS EPIC ATTACK?!!?!??!!?!?!

I think it's called Dual Spark but I don't think Xenomic has decided to create such an attack but... I think it's going to be an optional attack that cannot be obtained unless obtained via special means...