RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
And now, I'm at my beta4 alpha stage. This is where I need some testers for playing up to the end of beta1. Basically, I need to know if anything needs changed or rebalanced or whatnot (enemies, skills, items, etc). Do note that you CAN go beyond the end of beta1 (which is the end of the third trip to the Scarlet Devil Mansion, after getting the HRCS, though I also included the first boss fight in beta2, being Marisa/Alice). If you do though, there's not much in the way of gameplay as there's no enemies made for that far yet. Yes, all enemies were deleted so to be more balanced (and to organize the database more).

So for those interested in testing, here's the Touhou Fantasy Beta4 v0.5 alpha version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E5NWOL3I

As for the music? It's been split up per beta to make it more manageable.

Beta1 Music: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4VISYH9U

Beta2 Music: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PM5LY6MD

Beta3 Music: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IIE6G9LW

Beta4 Music: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2RMERDNE
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:23:19 AM by Xenomic »

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Kurosuhato Rokkuriba (Crossed Heart, Rock River)
Beta 4 is released! *Victory Fanfare*

Anyway thanks for releasing it... Keep up the good work...
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 85
Beta4's not FULLY released though. This is just an alpha of it, for those that can beta test it.

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
OMFG! FINALLY! I'LL PLAY IT RIGHT AWAY WOOT!

( ゚д゚)ο彡゜ Meiling! Meiling!

Rep:
Level 85
Again, keep in mind it's just an alpha, and going beyond beta1 does nothing since there's no battles, and lots of bugged things due to said battles not existing. If you guys can, just report any bugs/balancing issues/etc. from beta1 (start of game to Hakurei Shrine battle with Marisa/Alice). This being facesets and tilesets and all that too.

RMRK Junior
Dood! When I tried to run the client it shows up like this! T.T

*Edited*

I won't delete this thing up so that if other people experience this they will know whut to do :)

Nevermind "PROBLEM SOLVED"

I've downloaded the commandRTP thing and extract it in the folder then poop done :)
*PLAYS*

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:04:02 PM by hazamukara »

RMRK Junior
Mkai Sorry to double post but, this one is a different issue

My First Epic Bug Report:

After creating a new game then, a new epic scene showed up <3 after that
when Reimu and Marisa formed a party... I tried to go to the village and buy some stuffs but incidentally
When I walked to the field of  something ( since I'm lost lol )

Then I encountered the epic Yuka

They talked about something "advance" in which the "players of this game" still does not know the beginning of the story of this game.

Then after that the epic battle mode came up, unfortunately I won without having a fight due to some reason ( or it's related to what you post earlier )

And then they decided to form a party, but when I checked my party Yuka's not in there.

In Short:

This scene supposed not to show up in an earlier game play.

Well that's my first report. I'll keep you updated and try a lot of possibilities if there will be some sort of bug.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:10:12 PM by hazamukara »

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Remember what Xenomic said?

You were playing the Alpha... All monsters have been removed from the game just for testing purposes in case there is any bugs or glitches in the game so that Xenomic himself can fix the problems...

If you truly want to fight yuka then go back to page 1 to download beta3
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

RMRK Junior
Nu Nu Nu Nu..

What I mean is...
Yuka "SHOULD NOT" appear right after you start a new game right? she "SHOULD" supposed to appear on something that I forgot @_@

Well I dunno, coz when I played the beta3 in the past she didn't appeared, I got her when I'm level 17+ or something @_@

Rep:
Level 85
Yes, she CAN appear early in the game at the start of the game. NOT a bug. It's just my way of being a jerk lol...

Rep:
Level 85
And first bug patch:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1XSHTHE3

Fixes up some command issues (mainly Cirno's Ice and Call commands having abilities in the wrong places) as well as bugs that prevent the player from going to the end of beta4 (yes, you CAN go to the end of beta4 almost....but I wouldn't recommend it quite yet).

Rep:
Level 85
And first post updated with all links.

RMRK Junior
Owww.. haha I see I see mkai mkai~ =))

*continues playin*

*Edits*

Comment so far in the game

At Lake before going to Circo

When choosing easy and hard

When you really choose hard it's really "HARD" unlike the previous beta it's somewhat also easy hahaha! love it! Loving the improvements <3

Wonder if I can surpass the bosses again LOL
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:31:52 PM by hazamukara »

Rep:
Level 85
Oh hai there! Just got done fixing all of the big bugs in beta4, and with that, I can focus on more things now. Of course, some things will still need fixed, but that'll be for when I get to it. Also, for those interested, have a new tileset that was done for this game.

Hmm....I wonder what this could mean for TF...

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Oh hai there! Just got done fixing all of the big bugs in beta4, and with that, I can focus on more things now. Of course, some things will still need fixed, but that'll be for when I get to it. Also, for those interested, have a new tileset that was done for this game.

Hmm....I wonder what this could mean for TF...

TF? (Of Course Touhou Fantasy!)
I think it means that you are ready to develop the maping for the last level... Plus I think you may need a Paranoma that seemed to be illusionary void like Yukari's Boundary gaps...

But still good job on the Void Tileset... :D But there's two things you have missing... A face change of the tree and the open treasure chest... You may wanna reedit that tileset
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:13:57 AM by Tera611Espada »

RMRK Junior
Too.... Epic.... HARD... LOL

Hard to train especially when you got surprised by an enemy and they're like 5/6 of them! you'll get raped LOL!

And mostly you will be forced to use a skill and which you need a lot of B's to recover your mp/sp @_@

Progress: Still at cirno map since need to study for finals xD

Rep:
Level 85
Some updates~

Beta1 testing is still open, though I have everything balanced for that now I do believe, and am currently working on the beta2 section for enemies and whatnot. Once that's done, beta2 section will be uploaded and the old link taken down for that one, and more testing to be done on that (note that beta2 section will require a fresh start, but I am leaving debug room open at the very start for traveling needs). In addition, I have also finally gotten Gravity spells working finally. Gravity and Gravira weren't hard at all to do, though Graviga was a bit tricky. All in all though, it wasn't that bad...though whether or not I add these to Koishi's Blue Magic list or not is a different story, since Utsuho has those 3 anyways. Don't need 2 characters doing the same thing now do we? Though deciding on whether or not Aqua Breath is going to do what it did in FFIX...hmmmm.

It shouldn't take but less than a week for this to be done, if I keep at this pace, for beta2 section. Beta3 might be a bit of dozy though!

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
Not a bug/error, or I'm hoping not anyway, but...

Where am I supposed to find a Revive?  Something's asking for one in Eientei, but I haven't seen any in the shop when I was last there, nor did I obtain one from any of the enemies I've seen so far.  Did I possibly miss something somewhere?

Rep:
Level 85
Oh oops lol...that's supposed to be the 1-Up, as 1-Ups were originally called "Revive" in pre-beta4 versions.

RMRK Junior
I have 5 1-ups from those door things, and it won't take them...(Btw, I'm running a patched Beta4.)

Or were you saying that due to the different names, it won't recognize my items, so I can't progress?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:55:46 PM by jq1790 »

Rep:
Level 85
Oh oops. I see the problem. Will patch that up for ya'll.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4ERN2ZSK

And with that, I'll say that beta2 section is done for now! So now is a good time to release beta2 fixes and whatnot!

WARNING! A third option will appear if you start a new game now. That leads directly to the debug room. Can test out things there, but note that I haven't fixed EVERYTHING up in there yet! And it's full of spoilers, so don't pick the 3rd option unless you want to be spoiled! Later I'll fix it up for those who want to do extensive testing on things.

Keep in mind, that not EVERYTHING is balanced yet either. Mainly shops and enemies are still in the works. If you find anything that is Overpowered or not balanced, let me know. And yes, I know that Rain Dance doesn't work yet. That will be for later!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 11:14:49 PM by Xenomic »

RMRK Junior
Also, I forgot to mentiion it before(Sorry, hadn't expected you to patch up my issue this quickly, haha), but...  With Cirno, her Ice skillset shows her Calls, too, while her Call skillset (correctly) shows ONLY the Call-related spells.  might wanna look into that as well.  (IE I can select the Ice command and still use, say...Great Fairy or whatever Dai's summon was called.)

Also, with your new update since you mentioned Beat2 being done now...Does this new patch you just posted make it so you can advance the story past the end of Beta1, or not yet?

EDIT:  The name change took effect(It asks for 1-Ups now), but the thing still doesn't TAKE my items...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 11:07:42 PM by jq1790 »

Rep:
Level 85
You can advance to the end of beta2 now yes. Also, that issue was a big issue, as you WERE supposed to give the box a 1-Up, but the coding had it give it an Oni Wine instead, which is due to me forgetting to fix that after moving items in the database. Also fixed the issues with Cirno's commands too in this patch. That was due to making everyone's skills just a Skill.

Also of note, 2 new items are now available in beta2; the Demon Repellent and Demon Charm. One halves random encounters, the other doubles random encounters. Dunno if they work yet or not, so there's something to test out for you guys! Also, Blue Magic system is fully functional now, though still don't know if I'll change some skills or add new ones yet.

Keep in mind, I HAVE NOT TESTED THE END OF BETA2! In other words, I have no idea how tough Eientei is going to be on the second run, as there ARE battles there now (those ghosts and Tewis that did nothing before? Oh, they do stuff now. And that one Tewi guarding a chest? She totally is a mini-boss that's guarding important stuff for Reisen. And there's a second room that's similar to that, but is a gauntlet run). Similarly, I do not know if the difficulty is too much or if the skills available are too strong/just right. We'll see I guess!

Rep:
Level 85
Fixed. Apparently I forgot to change a SECOND coding that was part of the same coding....blah. But now it should fully work!

RMRK Junior
Ok, new wrinkle...  now, whenever I exit the menu or get into a battle(such as those in the second room with chests to pass), my party's HP is set to 3.  Same for if I step on that save point not too far back...

Am I gonna need to start over again to play this right, or is there just something I'm missing here?