RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
well i fixed the bitmap image error..... except now when i go to that same point instead of closing the game it just sends me to the game over screen and then to the title screen..... i just started getting back into the game too.... if i have to win that kanako fight right before that then screw it im gonna go back to that healing hot spring and grind suwako to a much higher level, BECAUSE EVERY OTHER CHARACTER IS MOSTLY USELESS! im serious on that, both sanae and nitori dont have nearly enough health or defense to make to much of a difference (not to mention nitori cant even use any of your items, only the antidote and anti-freeze under stock, which cost mp for some reason...) and kanako...... 9 speed...... she just stands there for most of the fight going "You just wait, once that bar fills up in the next 5 mins and its my turn, im'ma kill ya" and then when shes gonna get her turn in the next 5 or 10 seconds, boss casts flare on her, she dies, and the ATB gauge is reset.... hell her attacks arent even strong enough to make it worth the wait, and if shes the last one standing, well you should just close and reopen the game cause she doesnt stand a chance by herself, unless you can magically get off an angel prayer, or the boss uses earthquake
as far as simply the game over after the exodus fight, did you have nitori in the party during the fight? cuz you're not supposed to. If that is what you did, you did some events in the wrong order. to fix it you need to go to the tengu village on the left path when you first are able to move around youkai mountain as momiji BEFORE you go to the moriya shrine. so you'll either have to start at a save before the youkai mountain to redo it, or restart.

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
Aye, it's a bug that I don't understand why it happened. I'll be sure to check that once I manage to get to that point in my test run yet again. I'll ALSO make sure that after particular boss fights, people that become your leaders (Reimu/Momiji/Sanae/etc) AREN'T KO'ed when you're supposed to be controlling only them, since I do believe that's the reason behind the instant Game Overs.

Also, a little tip with Kanako....remove her weapon and barrier. THOSE are what makes her super slow. Without those, her speed increases massively.

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
well if thats the case then my only choice is to start over..... o well. it wouldnt have happened if i actually knew which way i had to go to get to the tengu village. i just kinda wandered aimlessly and then all of a sudden im at moriya shrine and then a lot of weird stuff happened and then i just got really confused. but if i have to start over........ man, screw eientei and those bull**** puzzles, if you ask me you went a little overboard when designing those, thats what made me stop playing for so long, just trying to get through eientei and the bamboo forest in general

Rep:
Level 85
Well, I have a video on my YT channel for the Bamboo Forest, and will do one for Eientei once I actually stop being lazy and do it, since I did kinda make those a little hard. At least there's no random encounters in Eientei or through most of the Bamboo Forest. Originally, ALL of Bamboo Forest had encounters in them....now it's only the first couple parts that do. Also, don't expect any other place to be as mean as Eientei. I already decided that the traps there were mean enough that no other place needed them. Of course, that won't stop me from doing future puzzles, but they won't be as ridiculous as instant game over pits...

Also odd....the switch that's supposed to activate the event with Nitori isn't even supposed to turn on until AFTER you head to the Tengu Village....I wonder if I forgot to do something with that prior to the current beta....hmmm....

Also, I need someone to test something for me and fight in the very first area (the entrance area) of Youkai Mountain and see if they get an error there. I do recall when I had someone stream my game, that they got an error there with a formation that was in the database and was supposed to show up there.

RMRK Junior
Also, I need someone to test something for me and fight in the very first area (the entrance area) of Youkai Mountain and see if they get an error there. I do recall when I had someone stream my game, that they got an error there with a formation that was in the database and was supposed to show up there.
I tested it out on a number of fights right in front of the replacement guard tengu at the base of the mountain right next to the teleporter.
Formations fought:
   1 wizard,
   1 mushroom,
   2 mushrooms,
   2 toads,
   2 porcupines.
no errors appeared so unless there was supposed to be another formation that i didn't fight, no problems.

Rep:
Level 85
Hm....it was the toads I believe that caused the error last time. Unless I had it set for 4 of them (which I don't think I do). Odd....though it also happened after the transition from Reimu to Momiji too so...

Rep:
Level 85
So yeah! I'm working on the last dungeon, and well...using an idea I was going to save for an optional dungeon at endgame...what's the idea? Well....you should know by now that this game heavily references Final Fantasy....so what's that got to do with the maps? Well...let's just say, that the first area of the dungeon is an exact replica (minus the tiles for obvious reasons) of a map from FFIII. So what I'm going to do for the rest of this dungeon, is take ONE map from each game and use that in here. This also includes traps and treasure box placements, however...this is where YOU, the people, come in. This is a request for each of you to come up with ONE map from each FF game for me to use in this dungeon. Only ONE...not an entire area, and don't expect it to be an exact replica with the tiles and whatnot. So have at you people! This is my way of getting some of ya'll involved in this little project more~

Rep:
Level 85
First post updated with a list of references (many of which I'm probably still forgetting). I'll keep this updated as I remember them/add new ones.

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Kurosuhato Rokkuriba (Crossed Heart, Rock River)
First post updated with a list of references (many of which I'm probably still forgetting). I'll keep this updated as I remember them/add new ones.

I reread the first post and when I got the beta3 of your game... I've noticed that you've been missing some sprites... Am I wrong? The only question is... Where can you find the sprites of them? I wish I could help you but... I can give you a start... There are some sprites sheets that cannot be found... But instead you must rip them! It will take a long time but... I got the sprites of Yorihime by simply downloading the MUGEN Character and ripping the sprites via Fighter Factory... If you can find some characters you are looking for then if you can't find the sprite sheets itself then rip them! But each of them is like a seperate image... So it will take forever...
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 85
I already got quite a few characters that I needed (most recent being Mima which I still need to put in). Only ones that'll take forever to get anything for are Advent Cirno, Yuuka, and a couple others that I shall not disclose at the time.

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Hmmm... Advent Cirno is troublesome to find I must admit... Yuka is another story I did find a sprite sheet but it isnt similar to SWR sort of sprites... I do a couple of sprites of a few but they're seperate images... It's up to you whether you put them together or not... Here's my list for the moment...

Eirin, Flandre, Kaguya, Wriggle Nightbug, Ran, Rinnosuke, Sikieiki Yammaxandu and Watatsuki No Yorihime.
I'm not the one who done those sprites... But It was I who ripped them so... I may give it you via mail if you want but that's up to you!
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 85
I pretty much have any of the Touhou characters that I may need, since I collect their MUGEN versions (though the current Ran that's out probably wouldn't work since it's more of a Mecha-Ran than Ran, and dunno if there's a SWR styled Kaguya or not). There WAS going to be a SWR styled Yuka at one point, but I never saw it done....same with Nue and Rumia, which makes me sad...I DO have a Melty Blood styled Yuka, but may use that anyways since Nue and Shou both use that kind of styled sprite in a way.

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
That is true... I found that mecha one as well... I may use it as second form for ran... It can only last for a few turns... If I were find a non mecha version of Ran then I may use that Mecha on special events... But that's only a small idea... I agree with you on never seeing something critical for the project has been finished which is a sad thing live with I must admit... I would like to see A SWR version of Yuka, Nue and Rumia... Plus I would like to see Toyohime sprite like SWR as well... ¬_¬

RMRK Junior
Happy New Year Guys!
be sure to take care of yourselves! :D
@Xenomic Keep up the good work! :)
@Members Well Hi! hahahaha!

Can't wait for Beta4  >:D

( ゚д゚)ο彡゜ Meiling! Meiling!

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
usually two or three days this thread is updated... Perhaps Xenomic must be busy on his Touhou Fantasy which must be the maps and the story... And I'm sure that he hasn't got enough time to give this thread an update...  He could have finished the one after you'll go deep into the mansion...

Rep:
Level 85
Been busy with working on revamping the skills system. I ran into issues with how I wanted to do it, so I'm doing it another way, which is keeping it balanced as well. So I'm essentially killing two birds with one stone at the moment (skills system + map and story). Monsters and a final test run are required before I release this so....

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Been busy with working on revamping the skills system. I ran into issues with how I wanted to do it, so I'm doing it another way, which is keeping it balanced as well. So I'm essentially killing two birds with one stone at the moment (skills system + map and story). Monsters and a final test run are required before I release this so....

So you can inprovise the game. And make the game whatsoever without any glitches that cause the game to crash or that violation with the script adress when you actually didn't realize that.

Rep:
Level 85
Bugs and glitches are a bit different since some people have different ones than what I sometimes get. I actually DON'T get that many bugs/glitches myself, such as Yukari dividing by zero and crashing one of my tester's game for a really random reason. Only time I've ever seen it happen too :s

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Bugs and glitches are a bit different since some people have different ones than what I sometimes get. I actually DON'T get that many bugs/glitches myself, such as Yukari dividing by zero and crashing one of my tester's game for a really random reason. Only time I've ever seen it happen too :s

Yukari dividing by Zero?! Wow... How the fabric of reality just disturbed itself... Just kidding... To be honest with you... Some systems do have their own bugs and glitches... It's quite weirder than I would have originally thought... Besides what are you up to now on your project? My guess is would either be... You probably are still working on the maps, Getting more characters for the game, Change or modify the animations for the skills, Trying to come up what happens next, When is it the correct time to release the beta4, How to get the characters legendary weapons, or how superiorly powerful the final boss is compared to extra's... I do not know... But you have a lot on your hands so I'd better not disturb you even further... Unless you want idea's from people not only from me...

Rep:
Level 85
I pretty much have all of the characters set for the game at this point, minus a couple since I NEED original sprites for them. It's just working on the database and fixing stuff up there right now. Maps and advancing the story will come after that.

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
I pretty much have all of the characters set for the game at this point, minus a couple since I NEED original sprites for them. It's just working on the database and fixing stuff up there right now. Maps and advancing the story will come after that.

Working on the database eh? Ensure that you backup on this one... because I was on my database fixing it then I got corrupted of my 4 months of work... So It is truly wise to have a backup in case it got corrupted... So luckily I had a backup but some of it's data aren't updated as the corrupted one... Just a word of advice...

Rep:
Level 85
I always backup on my external whenever I do a large amount of work. Tis common practice with me since I've had bad luck in the past with other things.

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
I always backup on my external whenever I do a large amount of work. Tis common practice with me since I've had bad luck in the past with other things.

Oh yeah that's got to suck... Oh by the way... What makes me wonder is... Once you're finished making your game... Are you going to use other programs that allow you create your game for certain portable consoles like Nintendo Ds, PSP etc?

Rep:
Level 85
Probably not, since I don't know about any other programs and whatnot.

Rep:
Level 85
First post updated with a few more references that I remembered. Also, a few more things that have been done that needs to be added to this post.

*Three new status effects are now in the game: Venom and Amnesia. For FF veterans, you'll know EXACTLY what these do. For those that don't, here's what they do.

**Venom: Upgraded version of Poison, and comes directly from FFIX. While Poison does 2% damage based on Max HP every turn (including enemies and other party members), and 1 HP per step on the overworld, Venom will do 2% damage AS WELL AS 1% damage on MP. To make things worse, it also prevents the victim from taking ANY action. So short story? Think Stop + Poison + Rasp, and you have Venom. Luckily, this is cured with Antidotes.

**Amnesia: Directly from FFII, though differently. Consider this an upgraded Silence status effect. Where Silence prevents Magic, Amnesia will prevent ALL skills that are physical or magical. So see those skills you have? Not gonna be able to use them with Amnesia in place! Luckily, this is cured with the same item that Silence is cured with.

**MP Regen: Comes from FFIV DS. It's essentially REGEN, but restores MP instead of HP at 1% every turn.

In addition to those status effects, Regen now only heals 1% Max HP per turn instead of 2%.

*Massive changes on characters: For those who are used to how the characters play in beta3, expect a lot of changes in beta4. Several characters have been completely revamped from previous incarnations (Sanae for instance no longer debuffs, but has great healing properties and semi-good buffing properties, and Byakuren will actually buff resistances to elemental attacks). Nitori will also be much more useful I hope, since I know before she WASN'T good at all. There's still a lot of work to do on her to make her much better than she is. In addition, some characters may get Command abilities that the player will have to hunt for, such as Marisa getting the Steal and Mug commands and Sanae the Pray and Miracle commands. The Escape command may also be removed from everyone, and the Flee command being an ability that must be found (for who? I'm not sure yet!). For those that wish to help, could help come up with Command abilities for each character. Note that Mokou already HAS one command ability (being her ultimate move), so keep that in mind!

*Two new characters!: Yes, that's right. There are TWO new characters that will appear playable. Who are they? I can't quite spoil that yet!

*More items: Expect A LOT more items in-game, mainly for learning skills and such, but also more attack items and probably Key Items/Junk Items.

*Revamped Enemies: Many enemies have been completely changed in terms of movesets, mainly to try and balance them out more due to the massive change in the character's skills. This will be the hardest part of fixing up beta4, as I myself will not know what to balance and what NOT to change, hence why beta testers are always nice to have~

*New attribute: A little nod to Genius of Sapphieros, the Exorcism attribute is used in this game. What does it do? Well...you'll have to find out~

*Yuka gets new sprites!?: I wish.....

Again, if anyone wishes to help on this project, feel free to give me a holler! Am trying to steer away a bit from using FF monster sprites and some of these music remixes so~ Also need spriters as well for some characters~