RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Project of the Year

Poll

Which of these projects do you think is the best project of the last twelve Projects of the Months?

Soul Raves 1: Nocturne Gospel
12 (15.2%)
Celestias Ferrum
5 (6.3%)
Dark Horizon
2 (2.5%)
The Mirror Lied
10 (12.7%)
The Insanity
6 (7.6%)
Shadows
10 (12.7%)
Project Leviathan
13 (16.5%)
Prelude of Identity
2 (2.5%)
Wings of Eternia
2 (2.5%)
Seraphim Project
7 (8.9%)
Legend of Vanadia
5 (6.3%)
Monster World RPG
5 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: March 24, 2009, 12:08:55 AM

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space

The Explanation:

The Project of the Month award began almost 2 years ago, and now, Zylos suggested that I should start a Project of the Year that seeks to choose from among the last twelve projects of the months and find out which of those is most liked. The reward for this will be similar to that for PotM, and the project will be tagged and stickied for an entire year. So why do this in March? Well, this is because RPG Maker activity tends to revive as school starts to draw to a close, and so having it in March makes perfect sense as it is the beginning of the RPG Making cycle. Not only this, but not having it correspond exactly to the year of the Roman Calendar makes the competition less eurocentric and thus inclusive to everyone, even the Chinese... OK, it's in March because Project of the Month started in April. So sayeth the wise Alaundo. Below are links to each of the last twelve projects to win Project of the Month. Each voter has a maximum of 4 votes, and you can change your vote at any time until the voting ends, at which point te results will be revealed. Voting will end on Monday, March 23, at 8:05. Feel free to post here and give reasons why your favourite project should win! Good luck!

The Candidates:

April - Soul Raves 1: Nocturne Gospel, by Caro Ru Lushe
May - Celestias Ferrum, by Chance Productions
June - Dark Horizon, by sithlord999
July - The Mirror Lied, by Reives
August - The Insanity: A cold and bitter diagnosis, by NAMKCOR
September - Shadows, by Zylos
October - Project Leviathan, by Leventhan
November - Prelude of Identity, by MrMoo
December - Wings of Eternia, by HowlingWinds

January - Seraphim Project, by Nessiah
February - Legend of Vanadia, by Aten
March - Monster World RPG, by MAX TEAM
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 01:38:32 AM by Modern Algebra »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Assuming I can't say my own game, I'd say the Mirror Lied should win. The event work in it is simple and suberb. By far my favorite.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
maybe comments should be disabled :x

a mod recommending a game sorta throws it above the rest ^^
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
In my experience, mods have little or no authority in this community :P Well, not really, but two of the games on the list are created by mods; if it were the case that people would vote for something just because it is associated with a mod, then the poll is in trouble from the get-go. I think we have to trust that in anonymous voting, people will choose the game they really enjoyed rather than trying to kiss ass, because it doesn't make any sense to kiss an ass if the ass-possessor doesn't know who's doing it :P

Also, I want to keep the comments because they bump the topic in the Unread Topics list, therefore more people see it, therefore more people vote,  which hopefully translates into a more accurate poll.

Also, feel free to vote for your own game, 1 vote out of 4 shouldn't make a huge difference.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I honestly don't think I deserve Project of the Year.
I made a good game, but it wasn't anything really special other than a good story.
I'm glad enough it got PotM.

That being said, I cast my vote.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Somewhat off topic, but why do we have 5 voters but only 16 votes? 4 votes per person, shouldn't we have more?

Edit: 29/36 now?

Edit 2: 49/60? Just use up all of your votes. You can change them later if you want to.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 09:28:43 PM by Bayard Zylos »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Somewhat off topic, but why do we have 5 voters but only 16 votes? 4 votes per person, shouldn't we have more?

oh whoopsies, I only voted for one game n_n;;

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Um, well, I only voted for three V.V

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
I'll give them all a twirl over the next few days.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 97

Edit: 29/36 now?

Edit 2: 49/60? Just use up all of your votes. You can change them later if you want to.

Well, they don't have to use all their votes if they don't want to. It is an OK strategy - if you really want someone to win, than giving a vote to their competition could be detrimental to that end. For me personally, 4 votes isn't enough.

I still might end up changing my vote. I wish I couldn't see the results though, it makes me feel like I'm cheating if I change them.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 09:48:06 PM by Modern Algebra »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I haven't played most of these games. My vote wouldn't be very fair. :[

Rep:
Level 97
That's very noble of you Irock. You should totally play the ones that have demos though - they are some of the finest examples of RPG Maker games out there.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
@__@ Dunno, but, wouldn't it be a bit unfair for games that doesn't have Demos? (Shrugs)

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
@__@ Dunno, but, wouldn't it be a bit unfair for games that doesn't have Demos? (Shrugs)

I was thinking the same thing. Like, mine doesn't even have a new demo out yet. So all you get is videos and screenshots.

EDIT: well, didn't have a demo out >_> now it does
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 10:07:11 PM by HowlingWinds »

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Project of the Month winner for March 2008
Damn!  Missed eligibility by two months!  Ah well.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Ah well. We all still love that game ;o;

A game i shall leave a comment about in a certain thread after i'm finished with it ~_~

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Well, for the sake of a bump, I'm gonna randomly promote and bash some games.

Legends of Vanadia is an excellent 2K3 game that awed me with just what could be done with the system. Though there's no demo as of yet, the system and graphics alone were more than enough to earn it a well-deserved POTM.

Soul Raves and Celestias Ferrum are great XP games, but they're slightly overrated because of the anime rips. Caro's spritework, mapping, and story are awesome enough to earn it a well-deserved POTM, but to me it seems that the Seinarukana rips are what draw people the most to the game rather than the game itself. Don't get me wrong Caro, I love you; I just think there's a little too much hype about the anime. ._.

Project Leviathan is a VX game with SUPERB mapping. It was the one game that convinced me just of the possibilities of using VX and proved to me that VX can actually be graphically impressive (during a time when I thought VX maps just couldn't be used for much). Combined with a working ABS, it simply awed me. Definitely deserving of its POTM.

Rep:
Level 97
Only a half hour before the voting closes!

EDIT::

Now five minutes.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 12:04:14 AM by Modern Algebra »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Congratz to Project Leviathan!

Rep:
Level 97

Congratulations, Project Leviathan, by Leventhan, is the Project of the Year!

An excellent project. I am very excited to see how it will progress.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Yay, congratulations Leventhan :) Project Leviathan is the only one of all these games that has interested me enough to try it, all the others have tried a bit too hard. The right game won the title this time around, deffo.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I got stuck after getting the monster dude. I can't leave the guild HQ place. :P

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Soul Raves and Celestias Ferrum are great XP games, but they're slightly overrated because of the anime rips. Caro's spritework, mapping, and story are awesome enough to earn it a well-deserved POTM, but to me it seems that the Seinarukana rips are what draw people the most to the game rather than the game itself. Don't get me wrong Caro, I love you; I just think there's a little too much hype about the anime. ._.
.__. No harm taken, but do agree people are a bit 'hype out' for the CGs themselves.

Congrats on Project Leviathan <3 (Uff, I notice SR came 2nd Place, which is a good thing =D)

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I KNEW THE WHOLE TIME ;O;

NO, I didn't, but i'm pretending to, so yes ._.