RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Skip if cannot move bug.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I made a simple jumping event system for my contest entry

it was a parallel process common event.
pseudocode:
Code: [Select]
if button A is pressed
   if facing up
      jump up 2 squares, skip if cannot move, wait for completion
      wait 15 frames
   else
      if facing right
          jump right 2 squares, skip if cannot move, wait for completion
          wait 15 frames
      else
          if facing left
              jump left 2 squares, skip if cannot move, wait for completion
              wait 15 frames
          else
              if facing down
                  jump down 2 squares, skip if cannot move, wait for completion
                  wait 15 frames
              end
          end
       end
   end
end

the jumping itself works fine, however, it ignores the 'skip if cannot move' part, and allows the character to land on walls and even outside the map.  The passibilities are set right, because walking normally, you can't access either spot, and if you're on one of the impassible tiles, you can't move.

anyone else run into this?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Forum Lurker
I've run into this problem as well.

I used Woratana's Improved & Special Move Commands script to fix that bug.

Anyway, if your jumping plays a sound, it will still play the sound while you remain in your normal position.
Online Fanarts Protection - I realised it stopped updating, but I deem it a good cause to promote

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
@Jcys, the contest doesn't allow scripts only events :P

Well nam, I'll check it later

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
you know there's something wrong with a system when people are writing scripts to fix built in events.

Code: [Select]

? SAFE JUMP:
Don't Jump if its destination is OUT OF THE SCREEN (or) NOT PASSABLE.
(Old jump will not check before jump)

damn you enterbrain!
VX is like the Vista of RPG Makers -_-

I suppose I'll either have to figure out a way to manually check passibility with a call script, or just not use jumping :/

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon