RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Collaboration?

Rep:
Level 84
Not to be predictable, but...
I was wondering if anyone would like to work with me on an idea I had for a game? I have alot of the details worked out, but I think I would prefer to work with someone. Details will follow for anyone who is interested.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

All the greats started out as n00bs. The n00b you trash today may be the n00b you worship tomorrow.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
We're probably not gonna help with at least a LITTLE information. Sure, "details will follow for anyone who is interested" but we're gonna be needing some back-bone information.

Rep:
Level 84
Yeah, I pretty much realized that as soon as I posted, but I figured I leave it for a little while to see if there was any interest at all. I guess without details, there isn't much point in showing interest. So, here's what I've got so far:

The project's current working title is Redemption. Player takes the role of Stryde, the 'Angel of Redemption.'

The world has been razed with heavenly fire because of its corruption. Cities large and small alike have been levelled in the catastrophe, and very little of the old world is left when the flames finally die. Very few have survived the fires, but those who have realize very quickly that their world has changed drastically. After the fires, strange creatures begin roaming the landscape. The numbers of survivors falls even further when the monsters begin to attack, until groups band together for safety.

Stryde's quest involves travelling around the ruined lands to find the bands of survivors, and decide who was worthy of survival. Those he deemed worthy gained his help, and those that were not were left to their own designs, likely to die.

Later on, the quest becomes less about the redemption of the survivors, and more a personal quest for Stryde, as he hunts a lost love from ages past, learns of the deceit of those he once trusted, and, ultimately, becomes an Agent of Revenge.

That's the basis of it. What I'm really looking for, right off the bat, is both a CMS, and a CBS for it, but I haven't quite worked out how to do those. Also, someone to discuss story and plot elements with would be nice, as well as someone to double check any game maps made. In addition to this, anybody who thinks that they can ensure that this won't become a typically cliched game would be appreciated.

Anyone who is interested is welcome to post, and explain what they can help with. If more 'back-bone information' is needed, I'll be happy to provide it, but I'm trying to avoid giving away too much of the story, so that later twists don't become obvious before the game is even played.

Final Fantasy 7

All the greats started out as n00bs. The n00b you trash today may be the n00b you worship tomorrow.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Hmm... I have a couple of points in feedback (I mean no offense in them):

- You replied a little under a week after I did. Little activity means we can't really expect to see you do much.
- You only have two posts. We have no idea of your level in skill at any aspect of RMVX.
- Cliches popping up already (only pointing them out because you didn't want a "typically cliched game"). >_> We got an "angel" here, a world catastrophe (seems a lot like the flood in the Bible, lol, along with a bit of Nazi-ish attitude with the "leaving people to die" :P)

Good point: You have better grammar and spelling than most newcomers, lol.

If I were to see your proficiency in eventing and mapping, I'd be glad to help a little on this. A litte. I'm not much of the dedicated type so, if I decide to, I'll pop in occasionally to help with things.

EDIT: This type of stuff should be posted here, btw.

Rep:
Level 84
I took no offense to any of that, constructive criticism is sort of my cup of tea. The week to reply was deliberate: I wanted to see if anyone but you would reply to the post, as I actually saw yours a little under an hour after you posted. As for the cliches, the "angel" and the "world catastrophe", along with the Nazi-ish attitude of letting them die, they all have a deeper aspect in the story, but explaining them would sort of ruin the plot twists. And, to be completely honest, my skill level in VX is probably just a bit higher than a noob's level, even though I've been working with RPG Makers for nearly five years. Part of this I attribute to my reluctance to play around with RGSS2, because the 'click and drag' aspect of RPG Makers is part of the reason why I got into them in the first place, (although I'm picking up coding such as C++ and C# because of my post-secondary plans), but aside from that, I'm unsure why I haven't picked up more than I have. I plan on reading into RGSS2, and trying to explore the depths of the program a little more. Anyway, I'll keep working on it, and, I'll post a couple of map screenshots mid-week, to give you a look at them. Thanks for your interest, at any rate. I'm kind of down-hearted that not many more people are interested, though.

If I got the posting thread wrong, should I start a new one in the correct spot, or keep this one going?

Final Fantasy 7

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
I dare u to move
Hmm. The story has a nice plot. Lolx. I can see by the way you explained ur idea that u are a competent story writer. I have a question, it seems that the story is complete. Did u started d project already? Im interested in helping.
"DONT JUDGE THE GAME BY IT'S TITLE SCREEN"

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
it doesn't seem like too bad an idea, I wish you luck.
In the future, post stuff like this in this forum

I moved it for you :)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
Thanks for the move, NAMKCOR, I wasn't hundred per cent sure of where to put it. As for the start of the project, I've started it recently, but the idea has been in my head for ages. I've just never been sure of the medium to put it out in. Sorry for the long reply time, but I thought the topic was pretty much dead. If your still interested, moidi, I'm still all for any help I can get. If you want more info, let me know.

Final Fantasy 7