RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[New Project: Genesis] - LF People to help me

Rep:
Level 84
Setting:
The game is set in the fictional continent of Geus were the once great and powerful Altarian Empire faces now its last years.
 Over the last years Altaria had been cursed with weak willed Emperors controlled by the Argent Conclave, the organism composed by the Aristocrats of the Empire, who had drained the resources and wealth of the Empire to wage their own internal wars.  This situation had worsened when on the North most provinces an outbreak of pestilence and plague had appeared, decimating the populace and cutting all contact with those rich, metal producing, provinces; to make the situation worse the Twin Emperors Gavian and Maies had united the former unaligned steppe tribes of the Eastern wastelands and were marching upon Altaria crushing it’s armies one battle after another and conquering the rich port cities of the East.
In this panorama, a man without a past, Allaunis Rauzen rallied supporters and united them under the banner of ‘Genesis’, and on record time overthrew the Argent Conclave and it’s puppet Emperor. This character also rallied the nearly inexistent Altarian Legions and boosting their moral once more marched to face the Eastern Invaders crushing them for the first time in the war and forcing the Twin Emperors to retreat towards their conquered dominions. The plague that had decimated the north had come to a halt, allowing thus to a recuperation of some of the Iron mines of the north.  Despite the fragmentation of the Empire between the Twin Emperors and the independence of some of its former provinces, Allaunis managed to retain the wealthiest provinces as well as revitalizing the kingdom. He was heralded as a Divine Herald, and to surprise of none he was crowned the Ruler of a new Empire, the Empire of Exarchis, herald a new age free of the oppression of puppet Emperors and greedy Conclaves.

Plot Synopsis:
20 years have passed since Allaunis Rauzen , now Allaunis the First, saved the Altarian people, and once more the Empire faces war, a war of expansion against the Republic of Cercinos.
The game starts as the Free Companies of Exarchia (Mercenary companies under Royal patronage) march upon Cercenei, the capital of Cercinos. The hero you shall control is Garret, a low-class Officer in the Free Companies.
Without going into much spoilers (I have already developed the guidelines for all of the first part so if you’re interested in joining I’ll gladly share them so we can discuss on it as well) the upcoming battle shall define Garret and shall open the game.

Do you wish to join? :
Well I do hope I really manage to captivate the necessary people to get this project on, anyways so far is only me and I shall be managing the spriting of the main characters (Villains or Heroes) as well as their battle animations and some NPCs, I shall be in charge of the general plot related decisions as well as the mapping. So what do I need?
-A scripter/programmer/engine maker/source of my devotion: Yes, my knowledge regarding programming and engine making is a total nullity, so I hope to captivate someone with moderate-high skills to become the project’s lead programmer.
-An illustrator to create the character’s image and doing the facesets and overall artwork. If he can also help in the spriting with NPC it would be a great plus. Or I’ll just try to get another apart from the Illustrator :D
-A midi/music composer, I’d love to have someone composing the OST of the game, and would appreciate it a lot.
That would sum up to 4 people (5 if the Illustrator and Second Spriter are not the same), including me, which would be a rather acceptable number of people. If the game developing requires more, I will of course try my luck and get extra people. Also here are some guidelines I seek beyond skills on the people:
-Be devoted to the project and like it. If you do not like the project you will probably not work fully or give your best.
-Have a critical view and provide constructive criticism in things you believe could be improved. I mean we’re a team, if we’re going to develop a game we better say which points we don’t like and how would you improve them, so if you see something in a sprite or in the story or in anything you don’t like or think could be better, please do say.
And I believe that sums it all, if interested post here, send me a PM, or email me at alcohen20@gmail.com

"Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo"

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Your project seems great, and that is because you've given pretty good details. I can lend you a hand with the music, even though there are those who are better than me such as Arlen and Malson.

But I'm free, unlike them. And by free I mean...the bored free ;-;

Example of what I make: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,32195.0.html

But I'm not much of a heavy metal/rock person ;-;
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I could try to write a piece or two, also. I'm hesitant to dedicate myself to any project with only 12 weeks left in my senior year- I've got a lot to do to prepare for college. However, if you throw a few requests my way I'll see what I can do.

Rep:
Level 84
First of all I'd like to thank both of you for the quick answer

I could try to write a piece or two, also. I'm hesitant to dedicate myself to any project with only 12 weeks left in my senior year- I've got a lot to do to prepare for college. However, if you throw a few requests my way I'll see what I can do.

Oh I do understand you, I am in the 2nd Year in College going to second semester of _DOOM_. Hence I asked just for dedication and not 24/7 work, I mean, we're humans not robots ( I could throw a joke about Chinese Gold Farmers but I will abstain.)

@ Agent: I loved your love song, event thou if background orchestra would have made it perfect.

Edit: I do not think Heavy Metal would suit most of the game, even if it will (and again a minor spoiler) a bit of a dark shade over it.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Thanks, and I know. I've been given that advice, and I think I am going to put a peice.

Also, I'll be moving next month so I may be inactive for, like, a week or something so it would be cool if arrow helped.

;-;

Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 84
Don't worry Agent, I bet on that time the project get's a programmer/engine maker *HINT HINT*

Anyways, I was messing around with Graphic Gale and decided to make Garret, mind you it is in an early alpha phase and it will probably change (to a taller version as I am not very fond of rtp, thou I still have to re-remember everything I knew about spriting, as I have been on a 2 year hiatus on RPG Maker and Spriting.)

I got the inspiration for his clothing from the following miniature:

The Free Companies follow in many ways the old Spanish Tercios of the Dutch Rebellion, so considering Garret is a minor Officer in the Free Companies I gave him an wardrobe similar to those used by the Sargeants and Captains of the same. Yes, he also uses a sable as weapon if anyone is wondering. Anyways, without further delay here is Garret's character file:

Full Name:
Garret (of) Hawthorne

Weapon of choice:
Sabre

Description:
Garret is considered tall at his 5’ 9’’, but such heights are normal amidst the northern folk. His frame is athletic and muscular without being a shapeless pile of muscle as many of the front line shock troops of the Free Companies. 
Garret is a rather aloof and cynical person, his glacial blue eyes scrutinizing battlefields and person alike, but such is expected from someone who never knew the embrace of a mother or the privacy of a home. In fact Garret’s life has been filled with abuse, from the older kids to some of the nuns. Garret, despite being brought up in a monastery, never developed a strong faith or a love for God, in fact in a way he considers God to be a malevolent creature not very different of the humanity he created.

Bios:
Garret never knew who his parents were, as many children of his age. He was found by the Sisters of our Lady’s Mercy as a baby near the now dead city of Hawthorne, one of the first cities to be eradicated by the plague. He was brought in the Monastery of our Lady’s Mercy along with many other children that had the luck of surviving the plague.
When he reached puberty he was given a choice, either to join the ranks of the clergy or to join the Free Companies to help defend the land of the northern enemies. Having no vocation for the religious arts he obviously chose the latter, being shipped towards the training grounds of the Free Companies.
In his training he displayed a great mastery on sabre handling as well as some hints of tactical knowledge; as such he quickly gained the rank as petty officer at the age of 16. Along with the Free Companies he fought many of the northern tribes, specially the Lupine, who were trying to migrate away of the Northern ranges terrified of something (probably the plague) After the Lupine had been driven off the Imperial lands Garret received a promotion to minor officer of the 5th Company, thou he did not manage to enjoy the peace that followed the defeat of the Lupine, as the Empire set it’s course towards the Republic of Cercinos, on the grounds of harbouring enemies of the Empire and supporting skirmishes along their shared borders. Now, Garret along the Free Companies march upon Cercinos, ready to punish the Republic for they dishonourable intentions.

---

I am sorry if people expected for an idealistic and soft hearted blond haired, blue eyed, giant sword wielding heroe :P

I have all of the characters thought out (just needing to do their character sets) as well as their weapon, and I must tell you only 4 of them actually equip weapons, the other 2 use in once case "Dragon Claws" and in the other "Soul Orbs" (Like the weapon of Amakusa (Sp?) in Samurai Shodown 3), I am sorry if I don't tell their bios publically, for it would greatly spoil the adventure, but I shall post their sprites soon enough.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Hi,
Just wondering what kind of songs are you looking for??

I'm also a composer, I'd say I'm more...i'm not sure what I'd classify my music style as...

Some examples of my compositions
FCEmDm Song
Sad Old Song
Holka4 - random title, a score for one of my films
A Minor Song - song made with 1 chord
GripsOfBattle - meh, still working on this one