RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mount and Blade

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

In Mount and Blade you take control of a nomadic warrior in 1257, from there you can hire recruits and join nations while making war and doing battle with your enemies. You can take over castles and cities, pillage and burn towns, and even become a lord of your own territories. While the game lacks any story whatsoever (mostly because of the sheer possibilities of what could happen) the gameplay is amazing, and with a few texture mods the graphics aren't bad either.
Spoiler for Me Besieging a Castle:
Also I'm level 63 in that video, it's alot more realistic than just mowing down enemies.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 07:11:20 AM by Dr_Sword »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I've heard the game is good. I'll probably end up getting it soon, but one thing I was wondering: If the game is in constant beta, and people paying for it help to fund the project, then it doesn't make sense to need texture mods. I don't mean you in particular, I just mean anybody. You would think that the creators would snap that shit up.

Rep:
Level 90
~
You can hear your mouse clicking in that video.

Turn your microphone off next time.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I SPENT AN HOUR BUILDING UP A NICE ARMY AND I ALLY WITH A CASTLE AND THEN ANOTHER CASTLE ATTACK ME I WIN BUT THEN STUPID BANDITS GET ME AND THEN ANOTHER PACK OF BANDITS

this game can be a little frustrating ._. it's still heaps of fun though
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 84
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Yes, the game takes an extremely realistic approach. And realism has a way of adding frustration to a pure gaming (as in game for game's sake) perspective. I followed this game way back, I'm pumped to see it is still kicking. Here's to tenacity.