RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Parallel Processes

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Just wondering if there's a limit I should stick to with the parallel processes.

Okay, so what I have now. Added the Monster Clock, and adding an Encounter Control because I hate the built in encounter system.

-Hero XY Coords, stores player position
-Hero Pocket Watch, Gametime! display

-Systems Clock: Feeds to all control systems
-Daytime Control: Feeds to Day/Night based controls
-Lighting Control: Determines lighting inside and outside
-Encounter Timer: Either delays or calls the Encounter Control
-(To be built)Encounter Control: Will select based on feed from Daytime Control and Calendar Control which monster(s) the player will encounter
-(To be built)Calendar Control: Will determine Date and Seasonal feeds to appropriate controls such as Encounter Control and Events Control
-(To be built)Events Control: Will determine random events based on feed from Calendar Control and Daytime Control. Will also activate any planned events, either nested or from a separate parallel.
-(To be built)Weather Control: aka. Stormwatch! will control weather based on feed from Calendar Control

Systems Clock ticks the Gametime! seconds @ 4sec(gametime):1sec(realtime)
Daytime Control ticks the Gametime! hours @ 1hour(gametime):900sec(realtime)

Did I miss anything? lol... I've never really taken a look at the common events from other peoples games before so this kind of progress is new to me.

I'd like to say that the tuts from Zorn's RM2k Tool helped me with the timer systems, that parallel process is wonderful xD

Do you think thats going to bog down the game? ???

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, as long as you have "wait" commands, you should be a bit better.

But, after a quick glance, I think you could remove the "Hero XY Coords" and just set the variables right before you use them. Sure, it's a bit more coding but it'll reduce the lag by a bit, if not much.

Just my two cents. Idk how well that'd actually do.

Rep:
Level 87
You WILL Caramelldansen!
You could either do what mastermoo suggested or just have a call event that stores the player position which you call whenever you need this data.

However, if you're using that many parallel processes (I'm assuming they're Common Events), it'd be best to use one of those famous 0-second Waits at the end of each event. In fact, I once had a bunch of parallel process common events going on at once and I just made another one that had about 50 of these 0-second Waits. It was running constantly and fixed all lags in my game. You could try that, if you want.

FIRIN MAH LAZARR!! since 1994.