RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
explorer.exe

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Question: WHY DOES EXPLORER.EXE TAKE UP 80% OF MY CPU ON SEEMINGLY RANDOM INTERVALS?!

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
try disabling the aero interface this is in desktop apearance and themes i think. the stupid transparency effect seems to affect its memory a bit aswell.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
try disabling the aero interface this is in desktop apearance and themes i think. the stupid transparency effect seems to affect its memory a bit aswell.

I'm not using Aero.
I'm using a custom visual style.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki

I'm not using Aero.

Disable that then. It used to affect me too, switching to a basic style declogs it
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

I'm not using Aero.

Disable that then. It used to affect me too, switching to a basic style declogs it

there's just 2 problems with that.
the default files are ugly as sin
and windowblinds is buggy.

it only happens like once every two weeks and its random as all hell.  a restart usually fixes it.  I'll keep that in mind but I'm curious as to if there's another cause.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
get another shell i personally use bbclean right now: http://www.lostinthebox.com/viewtopic.php?t=2286

screenie:
the theme is custom made by me :D(the deffault themes have TINY WRITITINGS)

theres a mod called mem limiter that forces this not to be a memory whore not like it was one in the first place mind

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I use: http://sweatyfish.deviantart.com/art/Muin-VS-Vista-Port-106096681
because it's awesome

I also have a few more from dA

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
NAMKCOR, you know I love you and I don't mean this as an insult or anything, but if it's slowing your computer down then why keep it just because it looks good? It's sort of like dropping a candy bar in shit, and saying, "Oh man, gross, there's shit on my candy bar... But you know, I do love chocolate..."

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I've also noticed this, when this happens I also normally hear my main hard drive spin like crazy.

Windows Defender switched off and it isn't AVG scanning. But from what I can see it only does it for 5-10 minute intervals, so I don't think it is anything to worry about.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
What USB devices are you using?
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
NAMKCOR, you know I love you and I don't mean this as an insult or anything, but if it's slowing your computer down then why keep it just because it looks good? It's sort of like dropping a candy bar in shit, and saying, "Oh man, gross, there's shit on my candy bar... But you know, I do love chocolate..."

I'll change it if it turns out that that's the problem but I'm not entirely sure that it is yet.
you'd think my CPU would -constantly- burn like that if the theme is the real problem.

I've also noticed this, when this happens I also normally hear my main hard drive spin like crazy.

Windows Defender switched off and it isn't AVG scanning. But from what I can see it only does it for 5-10 minute intervals, so I don't think it is anything to worry about.

mine just goes on and on and on, no harddrive spinning either.

What USB devices are you using?

a Logitech mouse and a 250GB External.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 08:03:53 AM by NAMKCOR »