RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] Need Auto-Light System

Rep:
Level 84
I'm am God of Light
Ok, first of all, thanks for viewing!

I need some thing like this for my game, and i was wondering if anyone could help me out?

Also to where you dont have to have the light source...

*The screenshot was from Dark Gaia*

Thanks for helping!
-Raiden

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Raiden.
I am the God Of Light.

Proud owner of,
http://www.majorrpg.com
Check my website out!
Thank you!

Current Game Project:
Name: Silent Hill - Time Lapse
Percent done: 2%
Genre: Horror

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That's likely not auto, judging by the way the objects are lit. He probably made it manually in a program like Paint.NET.

In any case, I believe that one exists. I will look.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
*screams and pulls out tufts of fur*

Okay, I'm getting really tired of people asking for this. Here's the thing: YOU DON'T NEED A SCRIPT FOR THIS. Even Dark Gaia clearly told you this. All you have to do is use a picture like this and do a little simple eventing.

Spoiler for:

This is the basic that you need. You can get fancy with zoom/transparency/whatever, if you want, but in the end this is all you really need.

Edit: Obviously, you can also apply the same method to put the light center on an event in the map, although I'd recommend just using a regular event rather than a common event for it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 01:23:59 AM by Bayard Zylos »

Rep:
Level 84
I'm am God of Light
*screams and pulls out tufts of fur*

Okay, I'm getting really tired of people asking for this. Here's the thing: YOU DON'T NEED A SCRIPT FOR THIS. Even Dark Gaia clearly told you this. All you have to do is use a picture like this and do a little simple eventing.

Spoiler for:

This is the basic that you need. You can get fancy with zoom/transparency/whatever, if you want, but in the end this is all you really need.

So very sorry, and i knew it wasn't a script but i posted in here for people to see.
I didn't know where to get the picture, sorry :D
Thanks for it thoa

Raiden.
I am the God Of Light.

Proud owner of,
Check my website out!
Thank you!

Current Game Project:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
OK, http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14108

@Zylos - I thought he was asking for something to have light sources in rooms lit up. It can also be done by pictures of course, but it can be annoying to make a custom fog for every map.

@Raiden - make the picture, it's really really easy if you have any program aside from MS Paint. Photoshop is great, but free programs like Paint.NET can do it just as easily. All it is is a gradient with a non-opaque surrounding. And that one actually looks like it's just a straight up cutout - no gradient

See: VERY EASY
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 01:32:46 AM by Modern Algebra »

Rep:
Level 84
I'm am God of Light
OK, http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14108

@Zylos - I thought he was asking for something to have light sources in rooms lit up. It can also be done by pictures of course, but it can be annoying to make a custom fog for every map.

@Raiden - make the picture, it's really really easy if you have any program aside from MS Paint. Photoshop is great, but free programs like Paint.NET can do it just as easily. All it is is a gradient with a non-opaque surrounding. And that one actually looks like it's just a straight up cutout - no gradient

Also... is there any way to like make the like floors a little darker?
Or in other words, like the enviroment darker

Raiden.
I am the God Of Light.

Proud owner of,
Check my website out!
Thank you!

Current Game Project:

Rep:
Level 97
Tint Screen - It's an event command.

I recommend you take the time to go through all the event commands and right-click each of them and press "What's this?" It will give you some idea of what can be done with events. Do the same for the database. If you're confused about anything, consult the help file.

Rep:
Level 84
I'm am God of Light
Tint Screen - It's an event command.

I recommend you take the time to go through all the event commands and right-click each of them and press "What's this?" It will give you some idea of what can be done with events. Do the same for the database. If you're confused about anything, consult the help file.
I just learned how to do that like 5 minutes ago.
Thank you very much!

Raiden.
I am the God Of Light.

Proud owner of,
Check my website out!
Thank you!

Current Game Project: