RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
MMORPGs vs. FPS

Poll

Who do you agree with?

Me
4 (25%)
My friend
2 (12.5%)
dwarra
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
ITT: Comparing apples and dogs.

Also, I've said this before, but don't you think an AR PEE GEE forum might be biased? Just a bit?

I think you mean Apples and Oranges, apples to dogs would be like games to movies.

I just think this a really dumb comparison. The only things these 2 have in common is that they are both video games and FPS can be online. They are completely different genres.

Also, tell your friend that Gunz is usually classified as a MMORPG because of the RPG elements to it like levels. Also, Gunz's community sucks. It's full of "total elitist FPS douches".
MMO skill requirements:
-No friends in the real world.
I guess I suck at those then. I have friends in the real world, but I can't seem to make any online friends. ;8

+11111

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
ITT: Comparing apples and dogs.

Also, I've said this before, but don't you think an AR PEE GEE forum might be biased? Just a bit?
Not really, since, like, 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the posts aren't for the RPG making, lol.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
This thread is dumb. It's stupid to debate two completely different genres.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY

You don't say?  :mad:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

:fortycrust:

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 90
~
Both MMORPG and FPS games take skill, and the only way to get that is to play a lot.  You don't start out being really good.

Even if you're good in certain aspects, there's always something unique in the game the veterans have mastered that you don't know.

Anyone can get good at any game.  My friend Matt for example, whenever he starts a game he's always to worst of the worst (No exceptions).  However in Ragnarok and Gunbound, we got Matt to be extremely good.  So good in fact, in Ragnarok using a tank build, with full tank equip (Essentially, he did very little damage), he could take out entire guilds of people higher level and better geared than him on his own

Both take skill, it's just a different kind.  You need more than just patience in an MMORPG.  You need more than fast reactions in a first person shooter.  Hell, I've got dirt slow reactions and I'm still one of the better players (Top 10%) in almost every MMOFPS I've played.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
thank you for pretty much restating the thread

Rep:
Level 90
~
thank you for pretty much restating the thread

You're welcome.

Rep:
Level 90
~
MMOFPS
What?
http://gamelist.mmosite.com/genre/MMOFPS.shtml

Apperantly, anything that involves a gun is now a MMOFPS.

Wow that's a bunch of failure.  GunZ and Gunbound aren't MMOFPS (Other games in there that shouldn't be as well)

BlackShot, Combat Arms, Sudden Attack, Operation 7, Cross Fire, Counter Strike online (New asian MMOFPS, not joking), and Soldier Front (The one I play the most of these)

Those are all MMOFPS games.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
MMOFPS
What?
http://gamelist.mmosite.com/genre/MMOFPS.shtml

Apperantly, anything that involves a gun is now a MMOFPS.

Wow that's a bunch of failure.  GunZ and Gunbound aren't MMOFPS (Other games in there that shouldn't be as well)

BlackShot, Combat Arms, Sudden Attack, Operation 7, Cross Fire, Counter Strike online (New asian MMOFPS, not joking), and Soldier Front (The one I play the most of these)

Those are all MMOFPS games.
Sounds like a bunch of Korean shit

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Don't forget about the MMOJBFPBPSATG.

Massive Multiplayer Online Java-Based First-Person Box-Pusher Simulation And Tetherball Game.

These categories are stupid.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
MMO skill requirements:
-The willingness to lose a large chunk of your otherwise uneventful life.
-Linguistic amnesia, devolving into speaking in gibberish.
-A sock to shit into.

;9
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Exteel and S4 are 3rd person :|

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
wasn't gunz as well for that matter?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
LOL yeah.

MMO skill requirements:
-The willingness to lose a large chunk of your otherwise uneventful life.
-Linguistic amnesia, devolving into speaking in gibberish.
-A sock to shit into.

;9
It's okay, Roph. That's me, too. ;8

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast