RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(Solved) Computer-controlled party members?

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Hey there. I haven't touched RPGmaker for like 6 years. Anyways, back in those versions, you could set certain party members to be controlled by computer AI, but for the life of me I can't find that option in XP, and there doesn't seem to be any topics about it or tutorials.

I hope this is still possible. I don't know anything about scripting or programming to make an alternative. :\
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 07:29:21 PM by Auumar »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, it's not a feature in RMXP, but it is in 2k3 and VX. I believe that a script does exist for this, maybe by trickster? I would suggest searching creationasylum.net and hbgames.org

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
I see. Thanks for the information, I'll look into both those sites. If anyone else has any further suggestions, they would be appreciated.

/edit

I've found a handful of 404's. I presume this guy disappeared off the face of the earth a while ago?

/Edit

I was able to locate it on rmxp with a bit of heavy digging in the Lost Scripts thread. There is a link posted courtesy of kingmatthew http://rs378.rapidshare.com/files/134221928/Ally_Ai.rar

Whew. I think I'm gonna back this thing up on my FTP.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 07:29:06 PM by Auumar »