RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What are you playing?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, Fire Emblem: Awakening is definitely pretty awesome. I'm really enjoying it and the Support system is great. I'm only on chapter 16, but so far I'm really enjoying it.

Lunatic mode is totally ridiculous though. I can't even get past Chapter 3 with that character, even with overusing Frederick. I'm beginning to think I might have to just sacrifice some characters.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Yeah, Fire Emblem: Awakening is definitely pretty awesome. I'm really enjoying it and the Support system is great. I'm only on chapter 16, but so far I'm really enjoying it.

Lunatic mode is totally ridiculous though. I can't even get past Chapter 3 with that character, even with overusing Frederick. I'm beginning to think I might have to just sacrifice some characters.

I'm only playing on hard and I'm around Chapter 9 or 10. I also like the idea of being able to add characters from past games into your group, but it's also kind of weird. I feel like I should be using the other characters instead. I'll probably start mixing it up on subsequent playthroughs though.

And yes, the support system in this one is the best so far. Especially after the abysmal one in Radiant Dawn. Small thing, but I also love that healers get ~25 EXP when they heal instead of ~10 like previous games. It was always such a pain to get them leveled up. This game is full of little improvements like that which really makes it end up standing out.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I still don't know what DOTA is, or even what it stands for. I even have it on Steam, and I'm still incapable of assigning any kind of mental image to the title "DOTA." What does it even look like? It is like WOW? Or like a FFTactics game? Is it gritty, or colorful? I honestly have no goddamn idea.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Dammit

Dr. Mc's 3ds is still shipping, but we already got Fire Emblem: Awakening. So right now...it's sitting there, taunting us. .-.

But soon we'll be playing it, too. ;o;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Mass effect 3, I can`t get a hold of a copy of Fire emblem :`( stupid shipping issues

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Randomly decided to go back and play the original Myst again. I have no idea why, it's so horribly outdated at this point, and yet it feels like it really was well done for its time period.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Between cooking, cleaning, running errands, playing chauffeur, helping my nephew with homework, and working out I have no time for games.

I miss playing games ;9 

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant

Rep:
Level 60
Randomly decided to go back and play the original Myst again. I have no idea why, it's so horribly outdated at this point, and yet it feels like it really was well done for its time period.

Because it was. :) I still have the original Myst, 7th Guest, and 11th Hour games that I run through DOSBox every once in a while. Haven't touched Myst lately, though... might have to revisit that surreal landscape. I also have copies of most of the early King's Quest games, come to think of it.

And... oddly enough, I've also had a rather random desire to play the old-school id FPS games, so I grabbed my (incredibly old) copies of The Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, Quake, and Quake II and got all of them running on my (incredibly not-old) laptop. Already blew through the first three episodes of Ultimate Doom.

Ah, childhood memories.

Rep:
Level 96
I was playing Witcher 2, and actually loving it, despite how difficult it randomly becomes. Actually, I like that, too. It forces me out of my usual "exploit AI, use the one attack that usually works" routine and makes me actually plan ahead a bit. A hell of a lot more than most video game can make me say these days.

But then I (finally) got a 9-5 job. Now I go to work, come home, and then watch Bleach because I have a serious jones for that shit right now since I heard it finished, and I stopped watching a few years ago.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I still don't know what DOTA is, or even what it stands for. I even have it on Steam, and I'm still incapable of assigning any kind of mental image to the title "DOTA." What does it even look like? It is like WOW? Or like a FFTactics game? Is it gritty, or colorful? I honestly have no goddamn idea.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCM3KMH18gc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCM3KMH18gc</a>

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
@arl: Well, to be technical, DOTA doesn't stand for anything. It was originally DotA on Warcraft 3 which was short for "Defense of the Ancients" referring to the fact that you - as a team - defend your "ancient" which was either a world tree or the frozen throne. Due to copyright or whatever, Valve couldn't actually use the name "DotA" so they went with "DOTA" which was obviously related, but it doesn't actually stand for "Defense of the Ancients."

It's an AoS genre which basically means there's NPC monsters spawn from both teams into three different lanes. You get EXP by being within a certain radius of a dying enemy (whether player-controlled or NPC), and you get gold for killing enemy players, helping kill enemy players, and getting the last hit on a NPC monster. You level up your skills, you buy items, you kill the enemy team, and you ultimately try to destroy their base. That's basically it.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I recently decided to play through Dragon Age again. My first time through, I played a mage, so I figured I'd go a different route and made a rogue. I'm also trying to be the good guy this time, and I'm kind of surprised how much of an effect your morality has on the ebb and flow of things.

I'm debating on moving on to Dragon Age 2 as soon as I finish Origins, or playing through the DLC - Awakening included.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Paper Mario Sticker Star.

I'm surprised at how much fun the game actually is. The sticker management can be a bit of a pain, but it was still a fun game to play.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Paper Mario Sticker Star is kind of fun, and the dialogue is great, but it got boring for me pretty fast when I realized there is no incentive to do battles, other than getting coins, but you get plenty of coins outside of battle anyway which renders it pointless. Apparently the developers had a lot of restrictions placed on them, which is unfortunate because it could have been a lot better than it is.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
I recently decided to play through Dragon Age again. My first time through, I played a mage, so I figured I'd go a different route and made a rogue. I'm also trying to be the good guy this time, and I'm kind of surprised how much of an effect your morality has on the ebb and flow of things.

I'm debating on moving on to Dragon Age 2 as soon as I finish Origins, or playing through the DLC - Awakening included.

dragon age 2 is trash, don't

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Paper Mario Sticker Star is kind of fun, and the dialogue is great, but it got boring for me pretty fast when I realized there is no incentive to do battles, other than getting coins, but you get plenty of coins outside of battle anyway which renders it pointless. Apparently the developers had a lot of restrictions placed on them, which is unfortunate because it could have been a lot better than it is.

Yeah, there is little reason to fight soon after the start of the game. Also you don't really need a lot of coins since you can find a lot of free stickers in towns and in stages. I also noticed that the game doesn't explain a lot about bosses, but expects you to guess and carry around the huge thing stickers to defeat them.

Rep:
Level 96
Maybe that's their weird, hippy non-confrontational plan all along.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Lately I completed Deus Ex: Human Revolution on a pacifist run; went the whole game without killing anyone. Bosses excluded of course.

Once you're used to how the AI / Mechanics work, the game is shockingly easy. After the pacifist run, I then completed it on the hardest difficulty. Easily the best game of 2011.  :yuyu:
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

Are these battles totally optional? Because if so, I actually find that kind of cool.

Unless the battles are the core of the gameplay, in which case it's the exact opposite.

Rep:
Level 97
Many of them are, but not all.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'm debating on moving on to Dragon Age 2 [...]

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Thank you for calling them DOTA games and not MOBAs.
mefense of bhe ancients

Anyway, I've been playing Dota 2. It's pretty good.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Beat RE5 last night

The campaign was really rocky but The Mercenaries is a blast and hard as shit (gonna fire up some more mercs).

Can't wait for RE6.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:00:30 AM by SirJackRex »

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
dragon age 2 is trash, don't

That does seem to be the general consensus. I'll admit that I've never actually played the second game, partially due to some of the criticism.

That said, a friend of mine has vouched for it, saying that while it's not as good as Origins or Awakening, it's a solid game in its own right. I've also heard that the third game is supposed to read your saves from the first two, and I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. It really makes the series feel more connected.

That gave me a much appreciated laugh. Thanks for that. :D
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku