RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What are you playing?

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
... Was it really that bad? I remember it being fairly good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lQ8gRp8whOc#t=23s

It's not a bad game and I enjoyed it a lot, but hearing the voice acting now does make me laugh sometimes.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:54:27 AM by Arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Far Cry 3 has nutso good voice acting. It just might have the best ever in a video game.

Rep:
Level 96
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:59:22 AM by Arlen »

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
It is pretty good.

And here is another gem of voice acting at its strangest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ftc_Pbhb3IE#t=21s

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I was gonna say Vaas and Buck are the highlights but I didn't wanna give anything away. I wasn't sure if Buck had shown up in any promo stuff since he doesn't show up until about halfway through the campaign.

The characters who aren't a part of the protag's group of friends are all well done or at least well acted. Some things are in poor taste but that's just the fault of the script more than anything. The protag and his friends though are all kinda plain and boring, unfortunately.

Rep:
Level 96
If you mean the swearing, I think it plays a big part in why the voice acting is so good in this game. Well, to a point. It can go overboard, but something about characters actually saying FUCK so often in a game like Far Cry 3 makes it more believable. I mean, if you were in that situation, wouldn't you be swearing your ass off? Instead of in Far Cry 1, where they practically say things like "GOLLY GEE THATS JUST DARN AWFUL" and quite literally say things like "your ass is grass" and "I'll fix your little red wagon!"

It can go too far, though. It's a fine line to tread, but one that needs treading in a game like that.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Nah, swearing don't bother me. There's a thing about one of the characters in the plot that I don't think was handled very well. There's also the fact that the natives are like, "Save us white man!!" which isn't a big deal but it's kinda weird. I wish the main character was just a native dude who was forced into doing bad shit  rather than some rich white dude.

Rep:
Level 96
Just rage quit BL2 a couple times because what in tarnation is wrong with the fire damage? I had full health, and the fire burn damage took me to death in literally 2 seconds. And it's always some asshole suicide psycho that, of course, is the last enemy within 80 feet of my character. What the pigeon-licking shart am I even supposed to do about that? Holy jebus, it took all of my willpower not to smash my new mouse and keyboard (because I knew it was new) because that nonsense happened to me 3 times in a row. ONE little splash of firedyingDYING2SECONDS-DEAD.

So I alt-F4'd, because to bloody hell with you and your new-u station. I don't even care about avoiding the cash penalty, I just don't want to hear your snarky comments, Hyperion.

edit: I'm starting to notice just how much I swear, so I'm taking measures to clean up my language.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 03:11:13 AM by Arlen »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Baldur's Gate on the iPad. Its just as good today as it was when I first played it.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Just rage quit BL2 a couple times because what in tarnation is wrong with the fire damage? I had full health, and the fire burn damage took me to death in literally 2 seconds. And it's always some asshole suicide psycho that, of course, is the last enemy within 80 feet of my character. What the pigeon-licking shart am I even supposed to do about that? Holy jebus, it took all of my willpower not to smash my new mouse and keyboard (because I knew it was new) because that nonsense happened to me 3 times in a row. ONE little splash of firedyingDYING2SECONDS-DEAD.

So I alt-F4'd, because to bloody hell with you and your new-u station. I don't even care about avoiding the cash penalty, I just don't want to hear your snarky comments, Hyperion.

edit: I'm starting to notice just how much I swear, so I'm taking measures to clean up my language.
Playing by yourself? When I played the game with Skanky, my brother and some stranger who joined us I was having the same problem. The game isn't much fun in co-op when the enemies become the worst fucking bullet sponges ever and you don't take much to kill. In single player I didn't have that problem much but I also didn't get very far into the game. Also the game is shitty in single player so it doesn't matter.

Rep:
Level 96
I actually really enjoy the game. I played up to about level 20 with the assassin, as a sniper, and that's actually a lot of fun. The whole bullet sponge thing isn't as big of an issue when you have all those critical hit bonuses.

But just now I started over as a siren. It was MUCH easier at first than it was for the assassin (badass bonuses make a difference), and a lot of fun because I switched to the opposite play style (rush in, go nuts vs. wait and snipe) but all of a sudden this fire damage bullshit started.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I forget how far I got. I think I was in the area after the desert with the little girl who I thought was super duper unfunny (like everything else in the game!!).

I really liked it until the bullet sponge stuff just became unbearable. Early on with three other people it was lots of fun playing a medic Siren. Another thing that frustrated me was how long it took to level up since I really wanted to try out more of Siren's powers.

Rep:
Level 96
It's always interesting how our opinions are completely opposite on another. Tiny Tina wasn't the funniest part of the game, but to say the entire thing was "super duper unfunny?"

Also, it took me about 2 hours to get to level ~10 with my siren, so I don't know what's up with that, either. Took me a lot longer with my assassin, though, because I actually took the time to look around and explore.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I played Melee Assassin. I died a lot, but it was a lot of fun bum rushing. I thought the game had a lot of hilarious moments as per usual.

I've been mixing through Far Cry 3 coop missions and general multiplayer (since after the campaign it's pretty useless to continue the game without restarting it.), Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Don't Starve, Star Wars: The Old Republic and I'm about to start up Natural Selection 2.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Got as far as Sanctuary before I stopped playing.

Right now I've been going through Darksiders and replaying Dark Souls, I'm pretty surprised how fun Darksiders actually is.
Oh and I've probably played Tekken Tag 2 every day since it came out, but that doesn't count as a game B(

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
TTT2! Lucky bastard. ;)

Darksiders is a drag. Everything feels like filler. The last dungeon is so fucking lazy.

Dark Souls - Got to sheath on my sorcerer and was so close to killing him. I had full health, but I didn't see the curse buildup. Uuggh. So I started a new character, a melee/faith for lightning stuff cause it looks so awesome. I'll probably go back to Sheath later tonight.
God of War - holy cow this game is a blast.
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando - this is cool.

Rep:
Level 96
Oh, and I beat Dishonored, which was amazing. I need to play through it again and get the low chaos ending, though.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Baldur's Gate on the iPad. Its just as good today as it was when I first played it.

This is a thing?

*loses all track of time and irresponsibility for days*

Rep:
Level 96
Borderlands 2 just froze, and I had to hard reset my computer.

I started back up to find that my mouse settings were reset, all of my badass points were in tact but NONE had been allocated, I lost the last 30 minutes of progress, and I gained 10 golden keys.

What the actual fuck.

Rep:
Level 96
Also, Steam cloud is seriously fucking with my game right now.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
bought i am alive, serious sam 3 bfe (which i played a bit with roph), torchlight 2, mirrors edge (because ive never played it) and alan wake's american nightmare

gonna be busy being a super-nerd for the next few days

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
First steam sale that I didn't buy anything. I'm super busy right now, and with work, a new girlfriend, and meetings all the time, I just don't have gaming time. I might get torchlight 2 just so I have it though. I'd like to play that sometime.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Dragon Age Origins. Late to the party, i know. LOVE this game, BTW...
:tinysmile:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
DC Universe Online.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&