RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What are you playing?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I'm wholly with Chewey here. CCPro ~ 360 > PS3. I went with the CC adapter because playing Dark Souls with a 360 pad is very annoying (similar with The Witcher 2 but not nearly as bad). It's got the best digital buttons of this gen. The 360 is a great controller all around, but mostly when d-pad doesn't require precision or when games require analog triggers. CCPro would be the perfect controller if it offered all of the same buttons as the 360 and PS3. I don't like stick buttons and I only like analog triggers when they function variably in-game, but I can't deny that games nowadays are made to the PS3 and 360 controls. It also fits like a glove with either two fingers on the shoulder buttons or one.

Malson, you can argue that but it doesn't excuse a bad d-pad. Nope, not one bit. Anytime d-pad precision is required the 360 controller immediately becomes inferior. I couldn't use the 360 pad for SMB and I laughed at the loading screen depicting a 360 controller. (I had zero problems with a keyboard.) The 360 is a great controller for anything that uses analog triggers and doesn't use the d-pad much. The only other thing I hold against the 360 pad is its sticks feel very loose. I also play lots of platformers so a good d-pad is all around appreciated.

Chewey, yeah I saw that combo for the same price. I paid $60 for my apple wired keyboard and I like it but I regret it a little. I would've liked an exact replacement, an older microsoft ergonomics keyboard, but the ones I saw all had the split keys and I didn't want that for gaming. It'll wear out before I replace it, but I'm thinking of something like a sidewinder or a mechanical. But my adapter will be here today and my mouse by Tuesday at the latest, so I'm very excited.

Later tonight I'll be playing The Witcher 2 and Dark Souls to get my new controls ironed out. Maybe I'll transfer over some of my ripped wii games to my pc to play some beautiful upscaled dolphin.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I should have specified that I play SMB with the analog stick, and not the D-pad, because it allows me more precise maneuvering. Being that the D-pad is just a POV switch made to look like one, it's not even accurate to call it one at all. And it's far and away the largest flaw on the 360 controller. So trust me, we're on the same page.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I love the hell out of the 360 gamepad but there's no doubt Dualshock is the superior controller in almost all instances.

And I don't see the point of that anyway. The only games you'd really need that kind of D-pad for are fighting games, and that's one of the few genres that makes more sense controlled with a keyboard.

Fighting games really need analog sticks.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Playing a fighting game with a keyboard feels more like you're mashing buttons at the arcade. If you can manage to hook a joystick next to your keyboard, then you're golden.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I love the hell out of the 360 gamepad but there's no doubt Dualshock is the superior controller in almost all instances.

And I don't see the point of that anyway. The only games you'd really need that kind of D-pad for are fighting games, and that's one of the few genres that makes more sense controlled with a keyboard.

And platformers I guess, but I haven't had any trouble with Super Meat Boy on the 360 pad.

Well, any MORE trouble, I should say. It's Super Meat Boy after all.
There isn't anything the PS3 controller is best at, so there's no way it's superior in almost all instances. A 360 controller is best for some things, like first person shooters or anything that uses triggers (driving games, mostly) and the CC/P is best for platformers and anything that requires more precise input. It's still not great for fighting games, but it's the best of the three. And playing fighters on a keyboard is pretty shitty. Fine maybe for something like Mortal Kombat or Waku Waku 7, but not for anything complicated really.

As for everything else, it's just down to the feel of the controller. Since the DS3 is tiny, has poopy stick placement and a d-pad that's pretty bad for extended use, there's just never a time I wish I was using it instead of something else. Arguing about which controller has the best face buttons (the answer is the CC/P) seems pretty pointless since there's not much of a difference anyway.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 01:19:20 AM by chewey »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I started the adventure time game today. Its like a better Zelda 2 mixed with a nit as good castlevania. The beginning was super easy, and I was completing quests that I never even accepted. I made it to the second continent and im already at a loss of what to do.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Yeah, I've been playing it a bit too. I got the three pieces of the note and then stopped.

I wish there was a reason to actually fight anything.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Playing a fighting game with a keyboard feels more like you're mashing buttons at the arcade. If you can manage to hook a joystick next to your keyboard, then you're golden.

Just saying you need an analog stick of some sort to play fighters.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

hail satan buddy 666
Rep:
Level 55
Blagil VlUE
How about teasing Zylos
Teasing Zylos is a game
[

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
How about teasing Zylos
Teasing Zylos is a game

since when??

What gaming console is it on?
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

hail satan buddy 666
Rep:
Level 55
Blagil VlUE
No need. Just tease zylos
[

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Look, new guy, there's virtually no chance of you rallying us veterans against another veteran. If that's honestly what you're trying to do, even on the smallest, "just a little joke" kind of level, stop it.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Let's tease Zylos.

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah! Sounds fun!

Hey, Zylos, you big dumbhead!

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Zylos has 7 toes !!!
:tinysmile:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Zylos's cat's breath smells like cat food!

hail satan buddy 666
Rep:
Level 55
Blagil VlUE
Zylos,
Z, Zylos
Y, you
L, loser
O, Ohh
S, Say farewell
[

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

hail satan buddy 666
Rep:
Level 55
Blagil VlUE
[

Rep:
Level 96
Playing Far Cry, lol. I want to play Far Cry 3, but I can't before I play the first 2.

Man, can you remember the days when video game voice acting was absolutely laughable? And nobody seemed to care? I mean, damn. When they were making this game, could they really not TELL how ridiculous the voice acting was? Or how bad the dialog was?

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
How come you're playing 1 and 2 first? Their stories aren't related or anythin'.

Rep:
Level 96
OCD, I guess.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
2 is a great game with the absolutely most frustrating ideas ever implemented into it. Good luck getting through that one.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Far Cry 1 was quite fun. I stopped playing toward the end, because the levels become confined to corridors a bit and shooting the kinda-bullet sponge enemies encountered specifically in those levels was boring. I mean, it's basically Crysis in a primitive form. It's not superb, but definitely worth the 15-odd hours I played.

Far Cry 2 is pretty different. I played so little of it because it ran sloppily on my last rig. I want to reinstall it sometime but there was a lot of stupid shit I didn't like in the few hours I played. Otherwise it's good.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Man, can you remember the days when video game voice acting was absolutely laughable? And nobody seemed to care? I mean, damn. When they were making this game, could they really not TELL how ridiculous the voice acting was? Or how bad the dialog was?

... Was it really that bad? I remember it being fairly good.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku