RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Action-Puzzle] DotPLUS

Rep:
Level 88

Story

In year 2XXX, there is a rumor of a super computer called 'The Babel' that can grant you any wish if you get to its deepest core. You take a role of one of the most intelligent hackers with yourown hacking tool called "DotPLUS" that turn any security system into just a simple series of mathematics.  However, breaking into the core of The Babel will be more difficult that you could imagine.

How deep could you go? Will you be able to get into the core of The Babel?

Control

Left Mouse          -  Decide/Select Block
  Right Mouse        -  Cancel/ Restart Block Selection
  Mouse wheel up  -  Temporary fasten the blocks speed/Start the explosion

How To Play

-  Clicking on blocks will add the block value to 'Current Sum'
  -  Match 'Current Sum' to the 'Target Sum' and all the selected blocks will be ready to explode
  -  Before the blocks explode, if you can form another group that makes 'Current Sum' matches the 'Target Sum', you'll start a 'Chain Combo'
  -  Once all the blocks are exploded, the new target sum will be represented.
  -  Once any blocks touch the top, you have 5 seconds to eliminate the blocks to get yourself out of this danger situation. Failing to do so will result in game over.

Tips
  -  If you want to play in fullscreen mode, open display.ini with a text editor and change the number to 1

-  The more number of blocks used to match the sum, the higher the score you'll gain. So save the longest combination for a higher chain would be a better choice.

-  Utilize "0" blocks wisely. They add nothing to the sum but they increase the number of blocks used , which mean higher score!  However, not using them might fill your screen with a useless 0 and give you a game over :O

DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lcmnyn20kyf

« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 06:41:15 PM by hima »

Rep:
Level 88
Your YouTube tags were a bit off. Fix it like this:
Code: [Select]
[youtube=425,350]SqThKUy3K7Q[/youtube]

Anyway, awesome work on this. I watched the video and it seems cool. Gonna download it and then I'll post more.

One note though...
Quote from: Controls
Left Mouse          -  Decide/Select Block
Right Mouse        -  Cancel/ Restart Block Selection
Mouse wheel up  -  Temporary fasten the blocks speed/Start the explosion
Not everyone has a mouse wheel.

EDIT: Very awesome work on this. Its very smooth, and it keeps a good level of difficulty. Again, very nice job on this.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 06:15:20 AM by Revo »

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010

I played this and it's very addicting :)
I seriously recommend this

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
hima, you kick ass.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This looks cool. You have such cool ideas for games, hima.

Rep:
Level 88
@Revo
Thank you! I thought the video was still loading haha. As for the mouse control, I had been thinking about it too. I should add a button for calling the next set of blocks. I'm trying to use mouse for all the control so it'll be easier for casual players :)

Since I don't have online highscore right now, feel free to post your score and your level here! Mine is the following

Lv. 47   11,550,400

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I got to 57 with 15234200 before I lost :P

it was a 33 and the next would have been 36, and I could have cleared out so many 9's on that next one but I kept missing the ones I was trying to click for the 33 cuz my hands were shaking lol

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
b-bragging rights  ;9

Rep:
Level 88
@Ness
Another one who's going to reach the 100th level @_@ Must...make it harder...

I was informed that the game that's pretty unbalance as the later levels you'll be presented with a lot of 9's, 1's and 0's. I'm now working on remaking this game on Game Maker ( I'd LOVE to continue using Ruby+ Gosu, but I can't stand FMOD license fee since I'm going to sell this game ) Now the number run from  0  - 19 , so it'll be much harder in level 50 and above since you have to do more number crunching. :D

Rep:
Level 88
How do you guys manage those scores?

I suck at this. :tpg:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
@Ness
Another one who's going to reach the 100th level @_@ Must...make it harder...

I was informed that the game that's pretty unbalance as the later levels you'll be presented with a lot of 9's, 1's and 0's. I'm now working on remaking this game on Game Maker ( I'd LOVE to continue using Ruby+ Gosu, but I can't stand FMOD license fee since I'm going to sell this game ) Now the number run from  0  - 19 , so it'll be much harder in level 50 and above since you have to do more number crunching. :D

How are you going to market it?

Rep:
Level 88
How are you going to market it?

Maybe through Big Fish Games. I've submitted the game for them to see. We'll see what happen...*crosses fingers*

Rep:
Level 88
I've decide to make this game stay freeware for now. So here's the link to the new version!

http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/plus/download/889/

The new version has improved lot of gameplay aspect. Right now the blocks are range from 0 - 19. Also, the danger meter keep on increasing and the only way to decrease it is to destroy blocks. However, the higher the danger meter when you start destroying blocks, the higher score multiplier you'll get. Your good old risk vs reward mechanic :D