RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
beginner question

Rep:
Level 84
i am feeling dumb because i dont know how to upload a game to the internett!

could someone plz tell me how its done step by step

Rep:
Level 85
First have you put the game in a ZIPPED folder,
Spoiler for:
Urr, I knew I shouldn't have deleted all those helping images
using WinZip or WinRAR?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
1.) Ctrl + F5
2.) Format Drive C:
3.) Go outside and play baseball or something.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
1.) Ctrl + F5
2.) Format Drive C:
3.) Go outside and play baseball or something.

don't you mean Alt + F4?

Spoiler for "hurr instructions cuz I feel nice hurr":
file -> create game disk (check 'encrypted' if you don't want people stealing your stuff)
open browser
http://www.sendspace.com
browse -> select your game file
upload
wait
copy download link
paste wherever you want people to see it

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
You can't upload full folder w/o Zipping them can you

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
You can't upload full folder w/e Zipping them can you

it's not uploading the folder, it's uploading a gamedisk.exe file, read step 1  ::)

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This is the worst topic I have ever seen. Ever.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
This is the worst topic I have ever seen. Ever.

even worse than that one where the guy asked for World of Warcraft resources?

Rep:
Level 85
@holk:Do you live in America because if you do then the whole go outside and play baseball thing doesn't really work when its Freaking winter,
@NAMKCOR:
I've never used create a gamedisk thingy before  :P

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
@holk:Do you live in America because if you do then the whole go outside and play baseball thing doesn't really work when its Freaking winter,

it does if you don't live in New England.

@NAMKCOR:
I've never used create a gamedisk thingy before  :P

try it sometime.

Rep:
Level 94
even worse than that one where the guy asked for World of Warcraft resources?

Yes, it's worse. Much, much worse. Compounding the shittyness of it, it was posted simply in "RMVX".

All the more reason for him to do it. Preferably in a t-shirt and shoeless.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
The stupidity of this thread is giving me a headache, especially since there are already topics explaining where and how to upload your game. Also, technically you don't have to compress the game data to a gamedisk, but 1) it's quicker and better than using WinZip or WinRAR or whatever, and 2) you can encrypt the game so that the player can play the game but not edit it or steal any of the resources (other than music).

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
It doesn't work... perhaps you did something wrong.

Someone else can tell you what.

Ok, ok. Don't look at me like that!! You didn't upload any of the data files by the looks of it. Just the game.exe which fails to work because of the lack of data. Perhaps.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
It doesn't work... perhaps you did something wrong.

Someone else can tell you what.

Ok, ok. Don't look at me like that!! You didn't upload any of the data files by the looks of it. Just the game.exe which fails to work because of the lack of data. Perhaps.

I'm sorry what?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
The thread creator posted a link to a game that aparently didn't work, and then deleted the post.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
It's 74 degrees in Miami, pussy.

The OP hasn't responded yet.

RPG Maker > File > Compress Game Data > Upload > Tell us that it worked

Rep:
Level 84
ok here is the link to my demo tell me what you think

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g04fxj

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
ok here is the link to my demo tell me what you think

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g04fxj

I think you should post a thread in 'New Projects' and put info about your game there.

Rep:
Level 85

Indian's temp is 12-28 Degrees
Calling me a pussy achieves nothing

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Indian's temp is 12-28 Degrees
Calling me a pussy achieves nothing

Rep:
Level 85
Gives 3 brownie points to NAMKCOR

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I like how it's literally hello kitty.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Rep:
Level 84
what do you think of the game