RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[FULL] Aptos Adventures DX

Rep:
Level 87

History: I started working on this game way, way back in 2001. I had a bunch of projects and wanted to actually finish one. Since then I have worked on it on and off when I had time. In 2003 I switched to Rpg maker 2003. in 2006 I finished it, but there were bugs and the sidequests weren't finished.
Now it's 2008 and I can't believe I've been working on this thing so long. I don't think it's the best game ever made (that's AA2  :naughty:) but if you like games that don't take themselves too seriously then I think you'll like it. There aren't too many funny games out there anymore so I wanted to make a game that could be funny but still have good gameplay.

Story: The story is somewhat based on my life. Most of the characters were my friends from high school and it takes place in a fictionalized Aptos, California located in the greater Santa Cruz Archipelago. The year is 20XX, (okay, like 2003 if we're going by which of my classes are in the game  :gwa:)
Nick is an ordinary high school student about to start his first day of a new semester. Meanwhile his family is kidnapped by a vengeful teacher. What begins as a quest to rescue them unfolds into an EPIC BATTLE TO SAVE THE WORLD. Yeah, it's cliche, but what do you expect, I was like 16 when I started making this.
Aptos Adventures 2 will have a way better story, instead it's an EPIC BATTLE TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE.

Characters:
Playable
--------------
Nick- My alter ego and main character. Weapon: Giant Pencil. special: pencil attacks
Cooper- Nick's twin brother. He's 10 minutes older than Nick. Does that mean in 10 Minutes Nick will gain his knowledge? Nick and Coop can team up for specials
Brett- Friend of Nick and Coop. Searching for his lost brother riley.
Ethan-Friend of Nick and Coop. Searching for the lost kingdom of Jewjinia. (I'm being anti-antisemitic, not antisemitic, there's a difference)
Riley- Brett's long lost brother. Last scene in the Snowfalls region....
Tobin-A mysterious alien whose world has been enslaved by Welshbon and Goobindos. Not much is known about him other than he's a good guy
Satchel- Nick and Cooper's family dog. (Hidden character)

Non-playable
---------------
Good
----------
Crazy Nerd- Offers advice and items. Seems to know it's only a game...
Alex- Nerdy kid that sells items since there aren't too many towns. Think Toad in Mario RPG
Question Mark Guys- A mysterious race who speak like yoda. They wear black bodysuits to hide their true form. Friends of Tobin.
------
Evil
-----
Cody- A slovenly creature, Cody's dungeon is not a place you want to enter...
Goobindos- Not much is known about Goobindos or his race. They seem to snort alot and like pink. Enslaved Tobin's world
Welshbon-Cooper's 10th grade physics teacher. Lives only to make his students fail. He takes revenge on cooper and captures him and his family

Game Features:
-Voice acting for cutscenes. Optional as it takes up alot of MB
-Action Battles, action minigames where you have to take down a boss or solve a puzzle
-8 chapters, the game is about 10 hours long, short but sweet. I hate games that have filler
-Newgame+

Features in DX Edition:
-bug-free (is that a feature?  :shh:)
-More voice acting
-more cutscenes
-more story
-fleshed out sidequests
-alternate ending to unlock from newgame+
-Ultimate weapons to be found
-attacks for Tobin, Satchel, and Riley since they didn't have them before
-Better graphics in some places, I replaced the horribly drawn Brett Puppet with the better one from AA2
-and MUCH more!

Screenshots:

Can you reach this screen???? It's a secret!

Estimated Completion: 100%

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xvpmfyttz4x
/>

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
lol, looks interesting. When I've got time, I'll download it and give it a try. For now, I'll move it to finished projects board, since it's complete.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I actually find this great because it's an awesome concept. Most people make medieval war stories, I don't like that much and appreciate this.
I'll definately try this out.

Not being sarcastic, you little bishes.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 85
Glad to see 2K3 still in use

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
This game makes me laugh. Nice job, something away from the typical RPG genre.

I'm back.