RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Resident Evil 5

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
The demo came out in Japan. If you download it and burn it to CD-R a specific way (look it up, you need to put it in a certain folder on the disk) you can play it in your Xbox 360.

Anyway, it's pretty much Resident Evil 4, but with better graphics and a sweet co-op system. But then again, why fix something if it's not broken?

Neither character can immediately die, they go into a near-death state where your partner has about 5 or 8 seconds to find you and revive you from death. Apparently this can be done many times. Me and my friend revived each other like 2 times each in one play. There's no more attache case, but now the item thing opens up in real time and it's one of those "press a direction for the item" menus. What else... oh, the environments are more destructable. You can knock over boxes, and things like fruit stands and shit will break or explode into pieces when enemies recklessly attack them.

Seems pretty sweet. :)

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Can you go into a bit more detail on how the menu system works? I don't like the sound of it.

Wesker is going to be wearing some kind of skin tight power ranger outfit in this game. :3

Resi4 made Leon the most popular resi character (At least it seems that way), this might make Chris just as popular.

Spoiler for:
Jill is dead... or at least she has a grave stone.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I just found out what spoilers are for.  I wish I hadn't.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I don't like the sound of the menu system either, but I'm sure it's pretty good.

Apparently there are no more typewriters either, but you save by checkpoints. Though, I'm not sure that was in the demo anyway.

I loved Resident Evil 4 and I'll love this one most likely, but I do miss the days of fighting zombies and crazy mutant things.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
Pressing Y brings up a small transparent 3 x 3 grid on your screen. The game does not pause, this is in real time. You use the joystick to select a direction on the 3 x 3 grid, which will correspond to a weapon, health item, or ammo, etc... Select it with A and it brings up options, like use or equip and such.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
So they have the old inventory back? Are they also bringing back the magic teleporter boxes too?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
It sounds like you can't hold nearly as much as in 4, which is fine, I always felt you were able to carry way too much. I mean really, who has an attache case that big? :V

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Solid Snake does. Also, every RPG character ever.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Solid Snake does. Also, every RPG character ever.
You mean you can't just fit 99 potions in your pocket?

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Apparently the secrets of inter-dimensional rift in a bag has not reached Africa yet.

Rep:
Level 96
It sounds like you can't hold nearly as much as in 4, which is fine, I always felt you were able to carry way too much. I mean really, who has an attache case that big? :V
Well, it's a co-op game. You have another person to share inventory with.

Rep:
Level 89
I heard the game was too hard. Well, the demo at least.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I heard the game was too hard. Well, the demo at least.

This doesn't mean much coming from someone who asks for help on the most retarded things.

Rep:
Level 96
It was pretty tough, but so was Resident Evil 4 the first time you played through it. There's more than one solution to problems, and definitely intelligent ways to handle situations, you just have to figure out what they are.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
It was pretty tough, but so was Resident Evil 4 the first time you played through it.
...No.  Is there professional mode unlocked right off the bat, do you know?  I want it to be as hard as possible.

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
Hard? Games are never too hard.

I like the way Biohazard thinks =] He is true gamer :blizj:

Rep:
Level 96
It was pretty tough, but so was Resident Evil 4 the first time you played through it.
...No.  Is there professional mode unlocked right off the bat, do you know?  I want it to be as hard as possible.
Not even the first time you played it, huh? Boy, you sure are an internet badass. I guess I have no choice but to believe what you say. ::)

Rep:
Level 97
He didn't find it hard. He only died 30 times on his first runthrough.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
You obviously don't know of my RE4 prowess.  I was pretty much a god from the moment I picked it up.  I would have done fine on professional my first time through.  I'm not bragging, it's the one game that I feel I am incredible at all the time.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I heard the game is more like a generic run and gun monster shooter than a survival horror, and not very scary.

Rep:
Level 97
I heard that people like to make up negative comments about games that aren't even released yet.

Rep:
Level 96
I heard that Resident Evil was NEVER scary.

Let me break this down. Fallow along.

When something jumps out at you =/= scary
A shorter way of saying this would be...
Surprise =/= scary

Lets say you're sleepy, and you are walking through you house at night. You hear something behind the sofa, and go to see what it is.
BOO!, you kitten jumps out and surprises you... are you afraid of the kitten? No. (I hope not.) >_>
It just surprised you. Fear is when you know something is there, you've seen it, but it still makes you feel uneasy.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
RE was scary, because you knew shit was after you.  Crimsonheads=terrifying.

Rep:
Level 96
RE was scary, because you knew shit was after you.  Crimsonheads=terrifying.

No, Crimsonheads = FUCKING ANNOYING.
I just wanted to go through the game shooting sum zombees, but NO, they turn into Fucking Mother Head crimsons.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&