RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Resident Evil 5

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I would say the first RE the first time played is a little scary and pretty suspenseful. Mainly because you knew nothing about the plot, only that something crazy is going on.

Then again, the first time I played it I was also like 12 or something.
:tinysmile:

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I get kinda freaked out when I turn a corner and there is a zombie in my face.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I played the original RE when I was like five...it scared the hell out of me!
And the my brother and his stupid friend made me watch them play it when it was really late at night.  :mad:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
*Caro does a dumb Necropost for the sake to know*

The game came out some days ago (March 12?), I was sorta expecting this a bit to be revived? I just got hook up to it this weekend in a way @__@ (Co-Op is just awesome!)

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Yeah, it's pretty amazing. I'm almost at the end, but I had to stop playing because I have too much work to do.

But yeah. Thread is alive and should be...

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
I heard the game is more like a generic run and gun monster shooter than a survival horror, and not very scary.
I heard that people like to make up negative comments about games that aren't even released yet.
Incidentally, he is correct. The game isn't very scary, or even that suspenseful. The older ones were suspenseful because slow moving zombies are just kind of ... creepier than fast ones. Fast moving zombies really just make me think "oh, they're humans, but mad at me." When they were zombies, it was like "these are undead creatures that want to eat me."

So yeah, kind of suspenseful, I guess, but not that scary. Really, it might as well be a first person shooter, but it's not, because first person shooters have WAAAYYYY better controls.

But it's still a gorgeous game, and it's still a fantastic play experience. And co-op is amazing.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I can't wait to play this game... 20 years from now, when I can get an Xbox 360 and resi5 for 8$ in some kind of retro bargain bin. I'm so damn poor...  ;9
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
As soon as
Spoiler for:
the goddamn ganados started throwing flashbangs and using assault rifles
, it was no longer a Resident Evil game to me.

Rep:
Level 96
That's where I stopped playing...

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
The cover system was tacked on and shitty as well, I mean, really?  Not being able to move in cover?  I have to stand up and get shot to move, then get back in cover?  Bullshit.