RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Recruiting Team

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Current Name: Anglo-Saxon Productions

Description: We are a team making games usually related to Anglo-Saxon history ( Which is, England ). We avoid any possible Fantasy elements in our games ( Unless we are making a Fantasy game which is rare ) and Far East elements ( Since when do you expect ninjas in England? ). We also plan on making unique games based mainly on England ( Unless we think of making some other games ).

WE DO NOT MAKE ANIME ARTS!

What I need:
Spriter ( Basically talks for itself, also he should be able to draw classical ( a bit Ultima-like ) graphics )
Eventer ( For making events ) [ I'Eventer what to write for dialogs ) [ I ain't good at this, but I'll do it for now]
Artist ( For miscellaneous drawinll be doing it, low priority ]
Dialog writer ( Basically tells the g  like title screens and such, oh, he should draw non-anime ones. )
Mapper ( Makes maps as well as place events for the eventer to event on ) [ I'll do it for now, low priority ]

Last but not least....

SCRIPTER! ( Basically modifies and makes simple scripts )

Weakness: Drawing ( Really bad one here )

That is basically what I really need.

I really need a nice cartoon-ish banner

PM me for asking me to recruit you.
Post if you have any questions

TIME ZONE ISSUES:
I actually want someone who lives in Australia or Southeast Asia, not US, too far, but if US is the only one, looks like I have to give it a go.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 07:05:05 AM by justinlee21 »

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
.....What will you guys do?

what exactly do you mean? We make RMXP games

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
You'll have to understand that people here take posts about "companies" very lightly. Most of them end up being a young kid trying to get people to make his/her game for him/her. Looking at your thread, it seems like you need just about everything. Why not list who fills the positions that you don't need, and maybe show some things you've done before? It could only help your cause, because as you can see, most people ignore these types of threads.

Thanks for the advice, I'll be updating it whenever I have time.

Yea... I have experienced joining a team, and I AM DOING ALL THE WORK! The others are like:
Homework, Listening to music, watching BLABLABLA, tired.
I am like a one-man person. And the guy who DOSEN'T EVEN DO A SINGLE WORK, becomes the boss.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
Thanks for the advice, I'll be updating it whenever I have time.

Yea... I have experienced joining a team, and I AM DOING ALL THE WORK! The others are like:
Homework, Listening to music, watching BLABLABLA, tired.
I am like a one-man person. And the guy who DOSEN'T EVEN DO A SINGLE WORK, becomes the boss.

I take it your talking about a previous experience? Also if your making RMXP games then you probably should have posted this in the Project Recruitment sub-forum of the RPG Maker XP board. That being said, if you ever plan to make games using different makers aswell, this is the place. Not that your team will probably want to but meh. I would put forward my services but I'm too busy and I live in England which is clearly useless to your timezone issues :-\

Darico, just note that the mods move it here, so yeah....

Also, You live in England... interesting...

Maybe you can help me a bit through some stuff I can't do? I am REALLY bad at drawing you know...

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
I'm also really bad at drawing so I can't help you there! lol

And sorry, didn't realise it had been moved here.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Recruitments topics tend to fail. Sometimes, it's better to work alone as some of your team members can drag you down during the production - making it slower and possible crappier. There's nothing wrong with making a game by yourself.

But...if you still want to have a team...

How about first finishing a short game by yourself using the available resources, release it, and then you use it as some sort of portfolio for recruiting a team after that? People are more interested that way, because it shows that you have the motivation, determination, and at the very least some of the necessary skills required to have an actual team.

Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Recruitments topics tend to fail. Sometimes, it's better to work alone as some of your team members can drag you down during the production - making it slower and possible crappier. There's nothing wrong with making a game by yourself.

How about first finishing a short game by yourself using the available resources, release it, and then you use it as some sort of portfolio for recruiting a team after that? People are more interested that way, because it shows that you have the motivation, determination, and at the very least some of the necessary skills required to have an actual team.

I'll see about that, I'll be using mostly RTP since don't I have an artist for this demo.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008

I'll see about that, I'll be using mostly RTP since don't I have an artist for this demo.
RTP is not a restriction, and non-RTP's don't necessarily make a game better. It's how you utilize the resources you have.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Maybe I shall release the first few maps of my game I am making with the features I might be using.

Rep:
Level 85
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
ZUN finished 12 games with 2 sub parts on his own.
I'm making a game on my own as well, this is not a valid excuse. ( I see your point though that at a team when you're the only one working, I experienced this a lot of times, it's better if you do it alone!)
It is tiring but not impossible, but from what I'm seeing here

I'm hiring:
Spriter ( Basically talks for itself, also he should be able to draw classical ( a bit Ultima-like ) graphics )
Eventer ( For making events ) [ I'Eventer what to write for dialogs ) [ I ain't good at this, but I'll do it for now]
Dialog writer ( Basically tells the g  like title screens and such, oh, he should draw non-anime ones. )
Mapper ( Makes maps as well as place events for the eventer to event on ) [ I'll do it for now, low priority ]

That gives off a vibe of a person that won't do work or doing little work and just want to sit on his throne and command people off. This is so common in the RM community so forgive me for stereotyping you but that's just how I see it is. Because normally a prepared person has a "proof of concept" that's what reels people in, specially if you have technical skills. You can always use place holders for the mean time THEN show it to the people and reel in a team, that way artists, specially since you're one of those people I HATE ANIMU, might consider if working on your game will be worth it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 11:18:07 AM by Nessiah »

ZUN finished 12 games with 2 sub parts on his own.
I'm making a game on my own as well, this is not a valid excuse. ( I see your point though that at a team when you're the only one working, I experienced this a lot of times, it's better if you do it alone!)
It is tiring but not impossible, but from what I'm seeing here

I'm hiring:

That gives off a vibe of a person that won't do work or doing little work and just want to sit on his throne and command people off. This is so common in the RM community so forgive me for stereotyping you but that's just how I see it is. Because normally a prepared person has a "proof of concept" that's what reels people in, specially if you have technical skills. You can always use place holders for the mean time THEN show it to the people and reel in a team, that way artists, specially since you're one of those people I HATE ANIMU, might consider if working on your game will be worth it.
Thanks, I'll take your advice.
Also, I might be helping the Artists a bit or maybe they can teach me how to draw better too.
When I have the time I'll learn RGSS so the scripter can do lesser work ( unless he is a scripterholic )
But yeah, I'll take your advice, but I seriously can't do all the load of work. So, I'll be releasing the few maps which include one small but impressive battle.

Oh, and I really don't mind if you are stereotyping or anything, seriously, there is nothing to worry about.
Every rebuke/suggestion/other-stuff-you-call-it is appreciated.

Also, if I do have enough cash, I MIGHT pay the staff!

But not now :(
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 11:59:27 AM by justinlee21 »

Rep:
Level 85
First off make a game design document, what is in the game, what do you want for it, etc.
A great example is this game:
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=973.0

he had a proof of concept and technical skills so he was able to reel in 2 pixel artists.

First off make a game design document, what is in the game, what do you want for it, etc.
A great example is this game:
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=973.0

he had a proof of concept and technical skills so he was able to reel in 2 pixel artists.

Oh thank you very much!