RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Free high quality epic tracks for use!

Rep:
Level 84
Hello!

I used to be a huge RPG Maker 2k/2k3 developer several years ago. The memories and friends I had made from this program are ones I will cherish forever and it brings me great joy to see vibrant communities for this engine is still up and around.So I figured i'd spend some time today spreading some resources around for free.

Though I have long laid down my hand at RPG Maker I have started and still to this day from many years ago, producing music for games. Sadly I don't have much time to make songs on a whim anymore *i'm booked solid for the next 3 months :/* I wanted to give this community complete and free access to my entire database of audio findable over at www.maestrorage.newgrounds.com/audio

Every song you hear there, I give free use for all non-commercial domain projects. If you wanted to use a song for a commercial project we can talk by sending me an email at selcukbor[at]gmail[dot]com

My intention here is to give people a little extra spice to their projects with these tracks that have been developed and used in many professional grade games for free. I will entail which ones loop which ones don't etc to make searching easier, as well as only highlight a few good ones up here. Since RPG Maker users will likely be interested more in looping tracks I will put those first.

These songs are also of course, fully free to download and listen to as well.

Loops

War/Dark/Anger/Epic oriented
- Day of War (3:14) | 320kbs. A savage and empowering theme with a driving brass and string section. A troubled and ethereal tenor voice glides over the instruments.
- World at War  (1:13) | 320kbs. A rough and driving epic flair as thousands of brave troops run towards each other a shrill and sharp sense of nobility and honor pounding the earth with every foot forward.
- Dying Heroes in the Sea (1:13) | 320kbs. A story of a submarine that got hit one too many times and begins to crumble under the oceans unforgiving and cold waters. A frantic and panicked strings and vocals tided over by a confident, proud but sad tenor voices. The 2 tenors here was my own interpretation of the captain and his first mate accepting their fate, calmly and grimly shouldering the guilt of losing hundreds of souls because of their command.
- A Dark Cut A dark and frantic energy with a malice filled brass and terrified strings.

Strength/Gentle/Courage oriented
- Solemn Spirits (0:54) | 320kbs. A town and collective people work together to prepare their village for an impending war. A sense of pride and courage instilled in them all as they go about preparing for hard days ahead.

Peaceful/Sad/Sorrow/Slow oriented
- Dawning Rays (1:24) | 96kbs. A gentle and soothing string ensemble with gliding woodwinds tainted with ever slight traces of sadness and hope.

Soothing/Happy/Zen oriented
- Everlasting Times (2:15) | 128kbs. A rainforest soundscape with lots of meditative and melodic elements. Relaxing, ideal for forest/ocean scenes.

Full Length Tracks
useful for intros/cut scenes, controlled environments where the player has no say on how long the scene lasts
- Corrupting Rain (3:20) | 320kbs. A metal oriented track about a child spirit that finds a city of darkness and is trapped in it, slowly corrupted by these savage entities until at last, the song builds up and up and finally breaks down alongside her purity.
- Midnight Oil (0:56) | 320kbs. A very simple ambient loop ideal for dungeons or puzzle screens/maps where the developer may not want their player to grow tired of the music, rather allow them to let it fade out in the back of their minds.
- Mighty Hails A very sad and sorrow filled story of a viking group who travels across the lands, fights a war with fellow tribes, wins it and returns. It is a day of great happiness until their war chief raises his hand and demands silence. "This is a story..." he begins "of the death of our bravest, as well as our youngest soldier, whose honor will be upheld for all time..."

These are just a couple of the 100 tracks available there, and adding more material every week!

I wish everybody the best and best of luck with their projects. Remember every project that fails is just another step towards one that won't. Have fun. Once again more tracks for free use can be found over at www.maestrorage.newgrounds.com/audio

Take care,

~ Selcuk
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:01:52 AM by irock »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Hey! I know who you are. :3

I love your work! Some of the best I've heard. I've used some of your pieces before in some of my unfinished projects. I especially remember Dark Skies because it was perfect for boss battles for me.

Thanks for coming to share these!

Rep:
Level 84
glad they were useful! Glad to know you also enjoy the work!

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Oh wow! I recognized these tracks as well :u
I love them and I Will use them <3

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
Woohoo! These are amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing!!   :D

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I'll agree on the "epic" on these tracks, great job~
Day of War was quite atmospheric. :3
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Bookmark'd  :lol:

Rep:
Level 88
Holy hell. That is amazing. I love it all.

Rep:
Level 84
good to know people are enjoying them! I didn't post this on the first post, but if you would like to know of new song releases for either personal listening reasons or to know when something usable comes up please feel free to click this link and add yourself to my mailing list.

There will be a few more battle/epic tracks coming up as commissions are filled out so for those who feel there isn't enough battle loop selection yet, that should change soon!

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
I don't know of you, but.. well... good freaking job.
At first I thought when you said you made music for professional grade games that you were just sort of exaggerating yourself because some people (like me!) do that, but I was instantly proven incorrect. Excellent work.

You said you are booked solid for 3 months. Is that because you have about 20 jobs to make soundtracks for people because you had some people listen to your stuff and they instantly demanded you compose for them?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 10:40:53 PM by dragonmagna »

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Rep:
Level 84
The job offers flow one from another. As I complete one project it is released, a developer plays/hears the game and then makes an order for the tracks they'd need, after of course they and I talk things over, see what needs doing, how much time I would have to do it, what their budget is, etc. These projects are not RPG Maker oriented which is why i'm not going to advertise or talk about them.

However after these projects are done i'm left with all these loops and tracks that cannot be resold. Not long enough to put on an album, and I don't have time for that anyways, so I figured why not give them to the community which got me started. The people I worked with are long gone now, but that's no reason why I shouldn't give back to the future generations of this wonderful program and the people who use it.

Glad you liked the tracks!

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRK2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Musically many of your ideas are lacking and are not fleshed out enough and/or too repetitive. I understand many of them are loops for video games, but they have a lot of potential and fall a bit short, I feel.

Not to offend, because as I said many of them have great potential and I think you do put a lot of effort into your work, but I also think many of these rely on the gimmick of having a high quality sound library and special instrument effects rather than being strong musically.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 84
none taken at all! I'd be lying if I said I was perfect. Finding rooms to improve are always a necessary element right? Do you have any suggestions, perhaps any tips you'd like to share? I'm all ears.

OH, also can I listen to some of your work if you have any up here or online? I like to have a vague idea of the style of people I talk to.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 02:22:19 AM by MaestroRage »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Day Of War was excellent, and a great first impression of music. There were times when it seemed the instrumentation was too amplified as there was a lot of crackling, especially with the brass instruments, and the shakiness of the vocal instrument seemed humorous, and detracted from the tone of the song. Nevertheless, impressive.

World At War was also solid, but it seemed too...spastic? I'm not sure how to describe it, but the beat almost seemed TOO powerful. Some polyrhythm would really help this piece, I think.

Dying Heroes In The Sea irked me for the same reason Day of War did; the vocal instruments detracted from it =/ The voices aren't even saying anything, they're just kind of moaning while the music plays, and it seems unnecessary.

A Dark Cut is amazing. I couldn't find a single flaw with it. From the energetic strings to the soft choir part, I can't think of a single way to improve this.

Solemn Spirits has a very memorable beat, but it seems really empty. I don't know what to say beyond that though.

Dawning Rays immediately reminded me of Greensleeves. Whether that's a good or bad thing, I'm not sure. I think you could do a lot more with it, though.

Everlasting Times has some of the best instrumentation I've heard out of all of these. The shakuhachi (or at least that's what it sounds like to me) sounds overpowering at times, though. You nailed the ambient effects perfectly, though; I was convinced there was water leaking near me before I realized it was the song, lol.

Corrupting Ruin sounds...weird. I'm not sure how else to describe it, but it's very different from anything I've heard from you yet. I don't blame you for the awkwardness of the guitar instruments, since finding a good guitar soundbank is nigh impossible. I don't like how the song suddenly ends, then reverts back to the music box you were playing in the intro; it completely kills the climax of the piece.

Midnight Oil is meh. Nowhere near what I heard previously. It's extremely simple, and really predictable. If your aim was to make it ambient, I'd ease up on the bass a little since that seems to drive the piece more than anything.

Mighty Hails is very, very solid. It's on par with the first couple I heard. I've noticed you repeat instrumentation a lot, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the entire thing feels like I just heard it ten minutes ago in something you already wrote.

All in all, I'm impressed. Your music didn't completely blow me away, but it was certainly good for what it is. Keep up the good work.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I liked it. Nice work.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Those are pretty good. Keep it up.  :blizj:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Where the hell are all of you assholes when Halo, Arlen, Malson, or I post a song?

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
The Sewers. :P

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Where the hell are all of you assholes when Halo, Arlen, Malson, or I post a song?

I really liked Cibola. ._.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer

The title had the word free in it
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Woah, you did the music for Castle Crashers?

Amazing work!

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
i no, long time no use this post, but which program you use to make this songs? i couldn't find any, the only good thing i ever made was in sibelius, and giving the partiture to my conservatory friends play and record it. could ya tell me?
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
You sir, are amazing.......

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I'm not sure if you're still around, or will ever see this post, but..

I completely agree with Halo, the musical ideas are not always absolutely amazing, but what I will compliment you on is how professional they sound. Did you master these yourself? What sound libraries do you use? East West? What sequencer? Logic? ProTools? Do you notate your scores in standard notation, or just sequence audio files? Do you publish your scores, or just the audio? What education do you have? I'm just curious.

I'll also compliment you on knowing so well what exactly it is the 'consumer' wants to hear in their music. You must have good ears, to hear the intricacies of commercial orchestral music that's used today, and to be able to bring it into your own repertoire so seamlessly.

You have a wonderful grasp of the music that you write. But at the same time, I get this empty feeling from your music. This feeling that, if MTV made a channel for orchestral music, this is what they'd play exclusively. Like the Black Eyed Peas of Orchestral music. You give them what they want, and that's something I personally don't agree with. Not 100% anyway. I'm sure you will make a living with this, but other musicians are probably going to hate you for it.

But that's just me.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010

The title had the word free in it

This is true  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 84
I'm not sure if you're still around, or will ever see this post, but..

I completely agree with Halo, the musical ideas are not always absolutely amazing, but what I will compliment you on is how professional they sound. Did you master these yourself? What sound libraries do you use? East West? What sequencer? Logic? ProTools? Do you notate your scores in standard notation, or just sequence audio files? Do you publish your scores, or just the audio? What education do you have? I'm just curious.

I'll also compliment you on knowing so well what exactly it is the 'consumer' wants to hear in their music. You must have good ears, to hear the intricacies of commercial orchestral music that's used today, and to be able to bring it into your own repertoire so seamlessly.

You have a wonderful grasp of the music that you write. But at the same time, I get this empty feeling from your music. This feeling that, if MTV made a channel for orchestral music, this is what they'd play exclusively. Like the Black Eyed Peas of Orchestral music. You give them what they want, and that's something I personally don't agree with. Not 100% anyway. I'm sure you will make a living with this, but other musicians are probably going to hate you for it.

But that's just me.

Hello Arlen!

I decided to check by and see how things are going here, i'm glad I did now I can answer your questions.

1. I would like to first say off that you are right in that these tracks are a bit "void". Working in the flash scene it is imperative that the music blends into the background. You just can't afford to create really vivid and interesting songs because the bottom line is if you do that the songs get old quick and irritate the player since there is so little time to convey an idea it is best to keep it audio wall paper where possible.

2. Yes I do master these myself, using mostly built in tools from Fruity Studios (which kind of answers what I use). I've recently picked up Izotope Ozone 4 which is a pretty beastly thing to use. The plugins you are hearing are largely East West. I could write a giant list of all the libraries I have but many of them are rare case needs so would not exactly be of benefit to you.

3. I notate on paper only when I want to work out some key modulations as that is easier on me then doing it on the piano roll. I don't use notation as a prime means of composition itself as I don't have perfect pitch and need to hear what i'm doing as I go. I am self taught completely and I started this from ground zero early 17's. So to anybody reading this and going "there's no way in hell I can do that at this age" think again. There are those who have spent half the time I have and are already doing movie contracts.

4. I publish all audio files either for licensing or free use/listening as is my audio page. Creating scores for these songs are really hard because I do a lot of things to the notes in the piano role for realism that a notation program would fall over backwards on. Things like move the notes a little bit faster/slower on beat for realism, ridiculous sustain for trail effects etc etc. So unless it's imperative, scores are not published.

I hope this answers your questions, please feel free to ask any others! I'll get to them... eventually ^^"