RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sojourn Supremacy [Recruiting!]

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Made with RMXP.

Story:
Spoiler for:
In the city of Nevand, Zephymus, an aged and decrepid man, misses his days of youth when he was acknowledged and respected for his brilliant scientific mind. He was never married, his income from his aged inventions is running out, and his life is coming apart, quickly and silently. But he doesn't want to live the terrible life to come. Zephymus begins work on a time-travel device, to see a time when people like him were respected, as opposed the present day, when people like him aren't given a first-thought. But he doesn't have any intention of going back in time to what he knows as "The Golden Days." He intends to change the entire world around him, to make it seem like The Golden Days, instead of going there himself.
Meanwhile, our hero, Varence, an orphan, is bullied by another, older orphan, Odibrand, into going into an abandoned warehouse. Unafraid, Varence goes in at least just to get away from the annoying Odibrand. Zephymus happens to be using this warehouse as a factory, and catches Varence just a he walks in. Needing a test subject, Zephymus decides Varence would be superb for his research. Unable to escape, Varence gets sucked back in time! What the heck will happen next! Only I know! And the only way for you to know is if you support me by saying, "Hey I kinda like the idea."
Characters:
Spoiler for:
Varence-
A 19-year old orphan at a lousy orphanage. He sticks to himself and is often bullied by Odibrand.

Odibrand (aka Odi)-
An orphan who has no friends so he picks on Varence. He, however, thinks of Varence as his only friend, but thinks he is too tough to admit something like that.

Ignatius-
A magician from the early 500s. He is the first person to discover magic but is unable to share his ideas after Varence entrigues him about time travel, promptly causing him to stop caring about magic and start thinking about other technologies.

Millia (aka Milly)-
A girl who is friends with Ignatius. She is considered masculine so most people in Nevand look down on her. She meets Varence and is attracted enough by his ideas about time travel, which she doesn't believe. She joins him to learn about it.

Rars-
A member of an old circus. Surprisingly, his talent with dangerous animals and his dexterity are complemented by a wise mind.

Grutath-
A barbarian from before the common era. He gets stuck with Varence and team and is forced to help them out, even though he can't speak english.

Zephymus-
A brilliant scientist with a sad life, leading to a sad conclusion. His mind has become corrupt since his age increased.

Slate-
A student who appreciated the works of a young Zephymus. He meets an old Zephymus and becomes his student. Zephymus' new, dark ideas taint the mind of an inquisitive Slate, and Slate helps him develop new technology that would damage mankind.

Terrence-
Childhood friends with Slate, but he didn't follow the newest, evil plans of Zephymus, and works with Varence to try to return Slate to the good friend he once was.

There are more characters, but this list is of the most important.

Features (more may be added or removed):
Spoiler for:
Totally original graphics and music (if I can get some assistance)
Time Travel!
Quests! (That I'd like some help with)
Party Adjustment stuff!
Mini games and things!
And more most likely!

Recruitment:
If you'd like to help, send me a PM about one of the three things listed below I would like help with.

Recruitment:
NEEDED
1. Writers (for unnecessary side-quests only): Current:
-Dragonmagna
-Volunteers who have not volunteered yet

2. Musician:
-Currently looking at HaloOfTheSun.
-If no one volunteers, I'll have to settle for Dragonmagna, and he sucks.

UNNEEDED
1. Artist (for facesets)
-Dragonmagna
-Volunteer if you really want to help

2. Spriter (characters)
-Dragonmagna

3. Spriter (tilesets)
-Dragonmagna

4. Artist (Title/gameover/thosesortsofthings)
-Dragonmagna

5. Spriter (battle animations)
-Dragonmagna

In conclusion, I hope this game gets completed and I hope even if not that everyone enjoys it, because I like making things people enjoy.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 10:55:17 PM by dragonmagna »

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Yeah the recruitment topics actually go in the root of the Projects Miscellaneous board. We really need to change the name of that, by the way.

lol wish I had the time to do music for this. It'd be just like the old days =o

Hmmm... keep me in mind if you can't find anyone else to do the music later on. :3
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
So far this game hasn't garnered much notice, so expect me to keep you in mind for a while.

I'm considering making this game for RMXP now, instead of RM2K3. It's still in early development, so I've got time to change how I'd like to do things to make it as good as I can.

As far as graphics go, I've begun work on the original charasets and have made quite a bit of progress on the original tilesets. So far it looks pretty colorful but I can change that easily if I think I'm making it look too bright.

Again, all volunteers are welcome. I'd hate to be the only writer, artist, musician for this game. Without help, a game can never be truly good, a reason why Kazekem (if any oldies remember it) did so well.

Also, should I start a new topic about the game only and have this topic be about recruitment only?

Anyway, good luck to me.

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!