RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
ABS Showdown Contest

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
@Holk: You think I would PAY (in form of a prize for the winner) to prove that my ABS is "the best"? LOL!

You say this like it's a thousand dollar giveaway. It's twenty bucks.

But anyway, I hope it goes well, whatever the motives. My money's on NAMKCOR and Zylos.

lol, thanks for the vote of confidence

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
C'mon, people! We need a higher variety of ABSes! :D We have Blizz-ABS, XAS and Behemoth ABS so far. Is nobody here going to sign up using NeoABS, RTH-ABS or Prexus ABS? Or at least more people using XAS or Behemoth?
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 87
I would sign up to work with XAS since it looks wonderful but I really can't understand the comments and demo since it's in Spanish, and I need those because I'm not experienced with scripting. ;-;

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
there's a translated version, Redwyn, just search a little harder :P

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Just check the first post in a few moments, Nagai Kyoukai / Redwyn. I'll try to find it myself.

EDIT: o.o I can't find it myself anywhere. If you find it, let me know.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 02:44:27 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 87
Just check the first post in a few moments, Nagai Kyoukai / Redwyn. I'll try to find it myself.

EDIT: o.o I can't find it myself anywhere. If you find it, let me know.

Okay, well, thank you very much for trying, I really appreciate it :]

I'll try looking for it soon. ^^

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
NAMK found it. I updated the first post.

EDIT: Alright, people! The contest starts in around 35 hours. Be sure to check whether there are new ABS versions out (i.e. Blizz-ABS is now v2.2) and prepare to get started. Keep in mind that you can upgrade your ABS version anytime.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 12:18:16 AM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
*double posts* One hour until the contest starts The signups are officially over. Get to work, guys. You have 15 days. :) (I hope that I won't get in trouble for bumping this topic. o.o )
Visit our website.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
*bloody multipost* o.o

Alright, somebody requested an extension of 7 days on the deadline. First I was against it, but it might be a good idea after all. I think that it would be more fair if it was only 3 days, though, because of the people who organized their time better. In any case I have sent out e-mail asking you to vote whether you are for the extension or against it. The poll is over in 48 hours. If more than 50% of all participants vote with Yes, the deadline will be extended by 72 hours. And I just realized that my mailing list isn't up to date...
Visit our website.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I still say 3 days is best. An extra three days isn't too much more time to work with, but it could be enough to make a big difference to some people. A lot of people could use more time to finish up, and seeing how NAMKCOR and I have been working our tails off to get this done by the deadline, 7 extra days is just pushing it.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Not everybody has voted, but all votes so far have been YES. That means the deadline has been postponed by 72 hours. You have 3 more days to finish the game.
Visit our website.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Good luck Nammy :D

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
The contest is over. Only 2 people have submitted their game (I thought 3 people would): NAMKCOR and Landith. I'll send the games to the judges in a few minutes after preparing everything.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
A raring success, I see.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Yeah. :/ It's probably the time I picked to organize the contest. Everybody's usually busy during Christmas. I was actually going to organize it before Christmas, but NAMK couldn't during that time so I postponed it for him. xD

Oh well, I hope the other contest in the middle of February will be better off. At least it will be a different concept with less limitations.
Visit our website.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Alright, the few judges that have actually responded have rated the games. Here is the ranking:

1. NAMKCOR & Zylos
2. Landith

Landith will finish his game in a few days and release it personally. I will see if I can foward the link to everybody else. NAMKCOR will re-release his game after a few fixes as Blizz-ABS example game so stay tuned.

The contest was rather a failure, but at least I've learned not to organize contests during winter break. xD I hope that the next contest will go through better.
Visit our website.