RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Recomend Me a Graphics Card

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
So im fed up with my graphics card. It overheats like a dog causing problems:

My current graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS.

I had fixed the above problem with a tip from roph about rivatuner this is setting my fans to their max whilst running intense 3d games. However its still causing certain problems. More recently when running L4D theres a line of static across my screen in the top half of it.(ive checked my connections a few times :P).

l4d also seems to be having fails everywhere. Giant static skyscrapers go on to infinity and louis on l4d has tattos of multicolored squares in a line.

The card you recomend will probably be bought by a realative for xmas at this rate so as a last atempt to make this thing run im cleaning the gfx card fan and updating its drivers just incase.

So the new graphics card needs to be able to run video games such as l4d and be able to keep cool and not completely fuck over my gaming experience with graphical turds everywhere.

thanks

EDIT: my price range is 100-150. Not spending more then that :D unless its neccesary in which case :D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 03:10:03 PM by ahref »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/148948

1GB version of 4850, better for lots of antialiasing / high resolutions. Free delivery too :blizj:
bringing sexy back

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
that looks cool. im going to have to check the size though there are a few issues im concerned with. 1 being how big the fan is(will it fit without nearly brushing my other pcis. Also someone mentioned it being too close to their sata ports so i will have to check where mine are in relation to the pci bit of the board.