RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
2003 game problems

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Well i actually had a few questions about the game. . .

1. i saw this site where a guy was selling his game for like 10 bucks. . . and i was wondering (since im low on money) if i could sell my game, or if that guy was just doing it back alley. . .

2. is there a The end event because i can't find it. . .

3. I was almost done with the game and i wanted to see what my start up looked like. . . like when you have to download the game and stuff. . . but when i did it all it was was the name of my game once and a bunch of question marks replacing every thing and i was wondering how can i change those

4. i've been having this problem with music, see i've tried two ways, and basically i can't change the battle music. . .
i first tried in events saying before a battle play this song but then when the battle starts it plays the basic battle song again. . . then i set the event inside the opponent and the song wouldn't start until after i hit the opponent. . .
is there a way just to set it so it start's playing from the beginning?

5. Lastly, i think this is due to number 3., but any ways. . . after i went through that extremly blank and confusing setup. . . i tried opening the game through the disc i tried burning it to, but it only open a million files and i got lost. . . is there a way to just open straight through to the game after setup like a normal game?

Im sorry for the lengthy paragraphs of questions. . . and i'd apprecciate any help even if you can only answer one of the questions i really am confused about it

Thank you

-Jingles

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
1. You can sell your game.
But if it isn't real real good, they'll just abuse you.

2. Try Erase event?

3. Didn't get it. Pictures?

4. Don't change battle music through events
Do it through the database-system
If you want to change it, use events but..
I don't see why it shouldn't work

Maybe the songs are not compatible?

5. Pix.
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
1) perfectly legal
2) display 'the end' as a picture then call 'return to title screen' or the equivalent
3) it's cuz of character issues, you can't fix that unfortunately.  First button is 'ok' second is 'cancel' I forget where it installs to by default, but the ¥ is the equivalent of \
4) before battle call the 'change battle BGM' option, then after battle reset it.  This only works for evented battles.
5) you don't burn the game to a disk >_>.  'gamedisk' is just a term.  you use the 'gamedisk' file (which is just a quick setup file) to install the game to a folder, then double click RPG_RT inside that folder (should show a guy/girl with a sword or something as the icon) and that'll run the game.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
oh thats what he meant by The End

lol
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
1) perfectly legal
2) display 'the end' as a picture then call 'return to title screen' or the equivalent
3) it's cuz of character issues, you can't fix that unfortunately.  First button is 'ok' second is 'cancel' I forget where it installs to by default, but the ¥ is the equivalent of \
4) before battle call the 'change battle BGM' option, then after battle reset it.  This only works for evented battles.
5) you don't burn the game to a disk >_>.  'gamedisk' is just a term.  you use the 'gamedisk' file (which is just a quick setup file) to install the game to a folder, then double click RPG_RT inside that folder (should show a guy/girl with a sword or something as the icon) and that'll run the game.

The GameDisk command does let you burn games to disk. I used to do this for friends in school when I was still learning how to use RM2K. Ironically, the only games I finished were those ones where I didn't really know what to do - less ambitious I guess. >.>;

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
The GameDisk command does let you burn games to disk. I used to do this for friends in school when I was still learning how to use RM2K. Ironically, the only games I finished were those ones where I didn't really know what to do - less ambitious I guess. >.>;

well yeah, you can burn anything to a disk, I was more saying you don't -need- to.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

(3
Thank you all so much you helped alot if i have more questions i might come back

but for the time being thanks

pokeball AdzOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
...Lazy....
Well for evented boss battles i do it differently. I click change system BGM in the event editer BEFORE the fight and change battle to the song of my choice and the set it back AFTER the fightl.

i know this posts a little late but i thought it might help ya

okay iv'e come across one more problem. . .
for the ending of my game i make the ending cinema
story line what ever you want to call it char's
teleport ALOT and have some sorta message explaining
the epilogue of the story

but every time they teleport the music for the place they teleport
to keeps popping up and i want the same song to be playing
through the whole ending

-jingles

pokeball AdzOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
...Lazy....
well if they are teleporting try setting the bgm on map properties to same as parent map thats what i do ^^

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
okay iv'e come across one more problem. . .
for the ending of my game i make the ending cinema
story line what ever you want to call it char's
teleport ALOT and have some sorta message explaining
the epilogue of the story

but every time they teleport the music for the place they teleport
to keeps popping up and i want the same song to be playing
through the whole ending

-jingles

When you teleport to a new map, adjust the properties of the new map by setting the BGM option to either "same as parent map" or "entrust to event".

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
1. NOT legal, 2k3 is pirated if you didn't know  :mad:
2. You can end the game however you want, you could go for a game over, show a picture that says "THE END", or just let the player wander around until they get bored. It's all in how you plan it.
3. I'll assume you're talking about the gamedisk problem, 2k3 is pirated and translated from Japanese, for some odd reason the question marks happen, if you want to test out your game there's an in-game feature that allows you do do so, press the yellow arrow at the top or F9.
4. You'll need the database for this, go to system and you can change all kinds of things from there =O I'd head to System BGM.
5. I'm not sure what you're talking about here, but the bulk of these should be folders(containing images for your game) and maps(those blank-looking things, they end in .imu i believe.) To select your game from there, choose RPG_RT, it should be near the bottom.

I know you might be a little confused, but this is what i have.

also, to the other question, You could use pan screen on a single map, but this could get very confusing. If i find an answer to that i'll tell you, but for now i'm clueless .-.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
If this topic is 2003 game problems, why did you only list 5 of them?  ;8
What about the other 1998?

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

lol because its more about MY 2003 game problems
but once again i come across another problem *Sigh* so thank you all for your patients with me

see i started on a new game and you start outside the starter town, but every time my char enters the starting town he enters but then i can't move him. . . he is just stuck there. . . i can do other options like bring up the menu and quit but i can't move

i guessed it was an event i placed close to the entrance and also the actually door into the city but both of those are wrong so if any one has any theories or suggestions it would be much appretiated

-Jingles

pokeball AdzOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
...Lazy....
try the passability settings on you're tileset tab on the Database (F8) that maybe the problem as you might have a tile for the floor of the town that isn't passable. If that doesn't work try directional pass as sometimes that is the problem. Make sure when u check directional pas that all the directions you can move are set to arrows.

Hope This Helps.

Adz.

sorry, I know this is the wrong spot to be asking this but, I have no ideah how to post a new topic. I wwould have made a post asking, but I don't know how the hell to post a new topic in this forum. Once again, sorry for this being in the wrong spot, but mabie someone could help.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
When you go into one of the boards, you'll see a button on the right hand side of your screen with a little green plus sign. Press that button, and then you can add a topic.