RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The new xbox experience sucks

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant

I lol'd a little

most tvs have a button that changes the aspect ratio. try messing with that 4:3 will probably fit but may look dumb as thell be less content up to the edges.
I lol'd a little

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
That's what I said. Then I was told I didn't know what I was talking about. That's about when I stopped caring.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
My view of the new xbox experience is:

WHAT THE SHIT DO THEY WANT TO BE SUED AND IN THE MEANTIME WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE OLD LAYOUT I LIKED THE OLD LAYOUT NOW I CAN'T SEE A FREEZE FRAME OF MY GAME WHEN I LOG IN I HAVE TO LOOK AT THE BORDERS AND I HAVE TO FOCUS MY ATTENTION TO THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN WHY?

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
My view of the new xbox experience is:

WHAT THE SHIT DO THEY WANT TO BE SUED AND IN THE MEANTIME WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE OLD LAYOUT I LIKED THE OLD LAYOUT NOW I CAN'T SEE A FREEZE FRAME OF MY GAME WHEN I LOG IN I HAVE TO LOOK AT THE BORDERS AND I HAVE TO FOCUS MY ATTENTION TO THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN WHY?

You can't sue a company for "stealing your ideas". Unless it's exactly the same (which it isn't), there's no reason to sue. It's like apple suing everyone who ever made an mp3 player based off their product. It'll never happen, and if people don't like other companies further developing an industry, then that's too bad.

- -

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll

I lol'd a little

most tvs have a button that changes the aspect ratio
Mine doesn't. ;]

pics of your remote
The only remote I have with that tv is a Comcast (cable) remote. There's no way to change the aspect ratio.

Or he could try going to settings and change the FUCKING DISPLAY RESOLUTION....
On the Xbox? Because the settings ont he Xbox match my TV. I'm pretty sure it's not a widescreen. And, there's nothing in the TV's display options other than color nonsense.

Durr durr

Let me explain this to all of you. It can't be fixed by me or any of you. The only people that can fix it are Microsoft. Plenty of Tube TVs don't display all of the content of the screen, as it's cut off at the sides. Companies usually consider this, and design their games/interfaces so the sides won't be cut off. An example of this is the phone in GTA IV. If you press up on the D-pad twice to bring up the phone's dial pad, you'll see that the phone is lifted far above the screen. This is so it won't be cut off on some TVs. Instead of seeing the phone suspended above the bottom of the screen, I see it sitting right on the edge of the screen, because my TV doesn't like displaying the edges.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Tell Deb no new TV = no rim jobs.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91

I lol'd a little

Mine doesn't. ;]

pics of your remote
The only remote I have with that tv is a Comcast (cable) remote. There's no way to change the aspect ratio.

On the Xbox? Because the settings ont he Xbox match my TV. I'm pretty sure it's not a widescreen. And, there's nothing in the TV's display options other than color nonsense.

Durr durr

Let me explain this to all of you. It can't be fixed by me or any of you. The only people that can fix it are Microsoft. Plenty of Tube TVs don't display all of the content of the screen, as it's cut off at the sides. Companies usually consider this, and design their games/interfaces so the sides won't be cut off. An example of this is the phone in GTA IV. If you press up on the D-pad twice to bring up the phone's dial pad, you'll see that the phone is lifted far above the screen. This is so it won't be cut off on some TVs. Instead of seeing the phone suspended above the bottom of the screen, I see it sitting right on the edge of the screen, because my TV doesn't like displaying the edges.

how is it microsoft's fault that you cant use your tv?

make and model of your tv please
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 07:55:43 AM by ahref »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I liked the look of the old one and the navigation for the most part. But I've noticed the new dashboard and guide loads much faster, and the guide is more efficiently built. The dashboard takes some getting used to, but the marketplace is much easier to navigate now.
I like hard drive saving of games, since my copy of GTA:IV got scratched, now I can just install it and play with the CD not spinning.
Avatars are alright. I don't really care though, since you won't see it anywhere other than the community games and one area of your profile.

It's a so-so update I guess.

I can save games from a CD to my HD? Jeez, why would I buy anything anymore? Just install, play until I'm bored of it, erase, repeat?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I liked the look of the old one and the navigation for the most part. But I've noticed the new dashboard and guide loads much faster, and the guide is more efficiently built. The dashboard takes some getting used to, but the marketplace is much easier to navigate now.
I like hard drive saving of games, since my copy of GTA:IV got scratched, now I can just install it and play with the CD not spinning.
Avatars are alright. I don't really care though, since you won't see it anywhere other than the community games and one area of your profile.

It's a so-so update I guess.

I can save games from a CD to my HD? Jeez, why would I buy anything anymore? Just install, play until I'm bored of it, erase, repeat?
It won't run without a cd in the drive just to make sure people aren't renting games and installing them .-.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Irock, just go to settings and screw around with the resolution until it looks right.

HEY, NOBODY HAS TOLD HIM TO DO THAT YET :V AND HE HASN'T SAID 500 TIMES THAT THAT WON'T WORK :V
:tinysmile:

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
...So why doesn't he just change the settings?

pokeball AdzOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
...Lazy....
yeah it does work, i had a 14 inch TV like that and it didn't wasn't displaying the side. If you mess around with the screen resolution in ur Xbox settings it does actually work.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
How are you not sure if your TV is widescreen or not?

The color scheme is nice and basic, but I prefer the old style.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
It won't run without a cd in the drive just to make sure people aren't renting games and installing them .-.

What the fuck? whats the point then.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

What the fuck? whats the point then.
You can play with scratched discs, and you can take the disc out as soon as it starts

Rep:
Level 97
Load times go from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
This too

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
.-.

My dashboard keeps freezing up for me :/

The old one didnt >:C

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
The old xbox was slower than, a retarded kid, on the short bus, with a helmet on, trying to lick the glass. New one runs just fine.

YOUR INCORRECT USE OF COMMAS MAKES THE MASTERS OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE ROLL IN THEIR GRAVES
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
The old xbox was slower than, a retarded kid, on the short bus, with a helmet on, trying to lick the glass. New one runs just fine.

Then whats your explanation of my constant freezing?

ALSO

I ment the old xbox dashboard

if you ment the first one, it was still faster.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll

I lol'd a little

Mine doesn't. ;]

pics of your remote

Durr durr

how is it microsoft's fault that you cant use your tv?

make and model of your tv please
"Plenty of Tube TVs don't display all of the content of the screen, as it's cut off at the sides. Companies usually consider this, and design their games/interfaces so the sides won't be cut off. An example of this is the phone in GTA IV. If you press up on the D-pad twice to bring up the phone's dial pad, you'll see that the phone is lifted far above the screen. This is so it won't be cut off on some TVs. Instead of seeing the phone suspended above the bottom of the screen, I see it sitting right on the edge of the screen, because my TV doesn't like displaying the edges."

It's an Apex. I'm not at my house, so that's all I can tell you. Not like it makes a difference, because it can't be fixed on my end.

Irock, just go to settings and screw around with the resolution until it looks right.
Hi Zombie. I've tried changing the display settings before anyone even told me to. There's no way to correct this issue, at least not on my end. Please stop repeating yourself after I tell you that your plan doesn't work. You're wrong.

Thanks~

How are you not sure if your TV is widescreen or not?

The color scheme is nice and basic, but I prefer the old style.
"I'm pretty sure it's not a widescreen"

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
hey irock i got GTA4 where did you go

Rep:
Level 98
Do you really think he hasn't done that by now.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

YOUR INCORRECT USE OF COMMAS MAKES THE MASTERS OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE ROLL IN THEIR GRAVES

You forgot to put a period or exclamation point at then end of your sentence
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 07:43:39 PM by The Inquisition »
:tinysmile: