RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] The Pit Beast

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
My quest for the Mirror of Heaven had begun. I brought a Malakim priest along with me so that he could guide me through the burning deserts. He warned me of dark and brutal creatures that could easily lay waste to me in this ocean of sand, but I was not afraid.
We started in the early morning before the sun rose. We had wandered for quite some time when I felt a tremor in the sand. The Malakim priest froze and spoke very quietly “Whatever you do, do not move.” We were stuck in position when all of the sudden, the ground was quaking at a high magnitude. “Run,” yelled the priest, “or the pit beast will swallow you whole!” I sprinted to what seemed to be the edge of the pit; I was now safe.
The priest was not so lucky. He tripped on a crack in the earth as the pit beast rose up and snatched him in his claws. The poor priest was devoured ravenously and taken back in the pit for further digestion. I stood at the edge of the pit and looked upon the monstrous beast. It was one of the most grotesque things I had ever laid my eyes upon.
I concentrated and remembered a very simple spell for this case scenario. I focused the sun’s power into this dark hole and scorched the beast with the power of the sun itself. It writhed in pain and shrieked an ear splitting sound of suffering. It was not dead yet though. I quickly moved away as the creature climbed out of the chasm. It looked down upon me with eyes full of fury. It brought down one of its huge claws but I sidestepped away and quickly cast a fireball in the beast’s direction.
I knew that it would not do much, but I had to attack sometime. It continued to attack and I continued to dodge. Eventually, it took a step back and accidently fell into its hole. I seized the moment and jumped on its back and stabbed the beast in the back of the head. With one last burst of strength, the pit beast took me and threw me a good distance.
It continued to cry in pain as it slowly died.
            I then assessed my self for any potentially fatal wounds. Seeing none, I continued onward towards the Mirror of Heaven so I could augment my powers and make them even stronger then they were before.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:55:53 AM by boe »