RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Temple of Elemental Evil

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
As many of you know, I'm a CRPG nerd. I am in love with isometric role-play, and Black Isle/Bioware has always been my favorite game company. I've also been a fan of Troika's Arcanum for some time, and was disappointed when they disbanded. On the other side of the coin, there are plenty of generic Diablo-clones out there, so it can be tough finding a truly unique role-playing game. Wading through the dreck can be a disheartening experience. I'm posting this because I've had this game lying around for nearly 2 years, but just never got around to trying it out. I installed it, and the first thing I noticed was that it utilizes the 3.5 edition D&D rules. Then I thought, "Well, this will probably not run on my computer." Ever diligent, I pressed on, and came to the all-too familiar character creation process. Good lord, the options. There are so many options to making a character in this game, that it might seem overwhelming to some. I selected the traditional Fighter, Thief, Wizard, Cleric, Ranger party, and was on my way. Things were seeming familiar to this point, and I didn't want to get my hopes up. Then I was transported to Hommelet, the game's starting town. I was struck by the music immediately. It is one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard, and even better, the game uses an active soundtrack. This means that when you enter a battle, the background song shifts seamlessly into the area's battle music. The next thing I noticed is that the battles are turn-based. I was all ready to be turned off by this, until I dove in and saw that the controls are very user-friendly. Every action your characters can perform can be accessed by a rotary menu that appears when you right click on them. Everything from skills to magic to inventory can all be acted on by simply choosing them from the menu. The spell-casting, (which is usually generic in most CRPGs) is a wonderful and refreshing alternative. Cast a "Detect Evil" spell, and a conical indicator is shown extending from your Cleric, allowing you to actually see the area of the spell's effect. You can travel the area, and the cone will actively follow your every move until the magic effect wears off.

I don't really know what else to say. If you are interested in CRPGs, or are just looking for something entertaining to kill a few hours, I highly recommend this game. It's something refreshing in a sometimes stale arena. I'll post a few screenshots, but honestly, they don't do the game justice. You just have to see and hear it for yourself.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
that sounds and looks really cool, I'll have to check this out sometime.
How's the story?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
To be honest, I'm not far enough into it to have been given insight on any major developments. Standard rpg fare, so far though.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
what is the difference between a crpg and an rpg?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&