RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Web Design Question

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
is google able to read javascript that is embedded in a page?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
What do you mean? The content produced by javascript? Such as popups and tabbed content? View the page in FF with javascript  disabled if you can see it,then google spiders can.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
no like, you hover over a menu item, and the contents of a div will change based on what link you hover over.

not a tab, so much as switching out content.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
like I said, disable javascript when you visit the page, that's how the bots will see it.

usually the content will just be displayed wildly.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
it displays "you either have javascript disabled or need to download the latest javascript blah blah blah blah..." in <noscript> tags ._.

I have tabs later on in the site that use jquery so it's an issue if someone visits the site with js disabled :(

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Ya.

lol, can't say more than that. Though usually the tabs will display even with javascript disabled, just stacked divs

notice: http://nettuts.s3.amazonaws.com/042_jQueryUITabs/demo/index.html

visit that, disable javascript. The hidden tabs will just stack under one another and the tabs will direct link to their position on the page.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'm using a different system, and they don't display without JS enabled :/

the main page works fine without JS, as all that is affected is the little content switcher (which isn't entirely necessary for page navigation) but the tabs on later pages are...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 02:53:52 PM by NAMKCOR »