RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Salvation

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
This is my entry for the composition contest, which I guess fell through. But I'm really proud of it so I'm posting it here C=

attached are .tbt, .mid, and badly mixed .mp3
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:57:01 AM by irock »

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Heheh, that's pretty cool. Never thought I'd be getting rick-rolled from chamber music but hey. :p

The first section of that ^ song was rather very well done in its arrangement to strings; I especially loved the bass' movement, it was quite catchy. The middle part of the song file started getting a bit clustered, but there were still some cool things going on. By the near ending it felt too busy for me, and I think it has to do with the pacing of the whole song. I think one things that can be done with this song is to have some "break" sections - it'll give some contrast to the faster/more clustered parts and give the listener a break to appreciate it more.

But aye, definitely some interesting things going on in there. :) Keep it up!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Haha, I can see why you think it would feel kind of rushed, and I appreciate the criticism. Thank you!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I just wanna tell you how i'm feeling,
this song is aw-aw-some.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Lol, was that intro a Rick-Roll? It sounds a lot like Never Gonna Give You Up. o_O

Well, it's basically a string arrangement of a pop song. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. It's pretty neat, and kind of refreshing because it's not what I was expecting from this competition at all. Maybe I'm becoming too much of a music snob. :)

Anyway, nice job. The part at bar 72 and the part following it were my favorites.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Oh yeah! I saw this at slyph the other day! Great job! It's very cool- seems kinda different from your usual sounds, too, but the beginning was definitely your sense of humor.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I made a "higher quality" mp3 using the midi my laptop came with. I just like the instruments better.