RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Fangames

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
So who else besides me hates fangames? Why would i play a naruto, ragnorak, or final fantasy game, thats made by a dumb little kid in gay 2d graphics, when i can get one with the best graphics, by an actual company with experience, and great features? I CANT STAND FANGAMES! STOP THE STUPID FANGAMES!!!! WE DONT WANT TO PLAY A GAME THATS ALREADY MADE! MAKE SOMETHING UNIQUE WITH YOUR OWN STYLE!!!

well...i guess if your making a fangame, all of your ideas are so stupid, your afraid to make a game with them.....just get a life and stop making fangames....all of you.....ever heard of a life? i think you can get them at: http://www.ebay.com . why dont you look there? cause if you make a game for your favorite tv show or game, your just stupid. theres no point.....just stop....now....

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
A cliched game is almost as bad as a fangame.
Plus, some fangames can be very good. AkA Megamari

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
The only fan games that agrivate me are FF7 fan games, because it's so over done.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Play my Earthbound demo, you'll change ur mind. It's almost just like the original, I just haven't done the battle system yet. Other than that, the humor, graphics, and sound are ALL the same, with a semi-new plot. I like fangames because (when made well, mind you) they're like an extension of the original, and they lengthen the gameplay experience. I am endlessly sik of FF though, I agree Gilga.

EDIT: E-Bay suxx hard.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 05:29:13 AM by arrowone »

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Arrowone's Earth Bound fangame is incredible, and HaloOfTheSun has shown us his remarkable skill in creating a Final Fantasy fangame.  I, myself, have worked on a Harvest Moon fangame, but I haven't hosted it anywhere and have no intention to, so its quality shall remain unknown.  There's nothing wrong with fangames.  Those which you are speaking of, which you say were "made by a dumb little kid in gay 2d graphics," are probably created by those who are not very good at game-making in general.  As for the gay 2-d graphics - excuse me, homosexual 2-d graphics - Uh, excuse me, sir, but there are no RPG Maker games in 3-d.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
And there shouldn't be, RPG's lost something when they went 3D. I'm still extremely pissed that enterbrain is working on RM 3D.

3D bad!
2D Good!

Manowar Good!
Emo Bad!

Being pretty new to this RPG making malarky, I have no idea what a fangame is, although my first guess would be an RPG featuring characters from a specific game, film or whatever.

If so, I don't see much wrong with people doing that. Although as people have already said, choosing a game like FFVII or what have you is pretty much setting yourself up for a fall.

yayaya, fangames just suck completly. if the game is of the same topic of a movie or game or tv show or whatever, i dont care how good it is, im not even going to THINK about playing fangames. they are just stupid, why make a game about another game, that doesnt have a sequel? ITS NOT LIKE YOUR GOING TO GIVE IT TO THE COMPANY AND AS IF THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE IT THE SEQUEL STUPID! YOU WONT GO ANYWHERE WITH A FANGAME!!!!

as i was saying....*cough* i dont like fangames at all....

*passes out b/c of lack of energy from screaming*

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I didn't bother reading the whole thing, but I am for whatever side is dissing fan games.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
*shuns Gilgamesh*

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Hey, I'm not saying all fan games are bad. Okay, yeah I am. They could potentially be good, but I've never played a good one. They are ussually shameful abominations unworthy of baring the name of the game they are a fan game of.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I'm going to make a Fan Game of GilgameshRO!!!
Fan games rox!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I stand to my belief that if a fangame is of poor quality, it is due to the lack of skill of the creator.  The same goes for any other RPG Maker game.  Or just game-making in general.

Arrowone's Earth Bound game did a remarkable job in staying true to the original's nature, in gameplay and humor.

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
I stand to my belief that if a fangame is of poor quality, it is due to the lack of skill of the creator.  The same goes for any other RPG Maker game.  Or just game-making in general.

Arrowone's Earth Bound game did a remarkable job in staying true to the original's nature, in gameplay and humor.

yes i also agree with your point of view because ive played some fan games,some bad(because they didnt have time to complete and stuff)and some really good since they put time and effort,so quelkid i think your going a bit to far.im sure you wouldnt like people to say this about a game you have made...

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Yeah, it is all about the person who creates the game. And most of the creative people are going to come up with their own games.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Have you seen FF 7-2? Its got pretty good 3D graphics but its not out yet, but the person making it is putting in alot of effot and stuff, its pretty good once you see it.

~Winged

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I think that's the millionth FF7 fan game created, they'll probably get prize... Probably coupons or something useless.

Any ways, I try to ignore ff7 fan games because they're so over done.

Wingd your kind of new so I'll let you know, most of the FF fans here think FF7 was over rated or flat out sucked.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
^_^; I liked the AC movie.. but that's about it...

As for the fangames: I'm all for the creator. If it's bad, it's the creator's fault. But I've played good ones too.
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Mr. Gibbs, you may throw my hat if you'd like.
Gibbs: Hooray! *throws hat*
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Now go and get it.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Wingd your kind of new so I'll let you know, most of the FF fans here think FF7 was over rated or flat out sucked.

imo I am the pioneer of this belief. At least, I was the first one to come out and say it, though I'm sure someone else thought it.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I thought it very loudly. I only let it be known when I felt it was the right time to tell people Sephiroth isn't even worthy to lick Kefka's nut sack.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Atomic LAWL
what ever... "blah blah i hate fan games"... lets see any games you made that didn't suck...
Arrowone has a pimpin' earthbound game

all I'm saying is play a game before you judge it

"Here begin the torments of Hell proper" -Danta's inferno

Rep:
Level 96
Sweet, I gots another fan. :D

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Many fangames suck, that´s fact. Put some work into it so it deosn´t suck. The main problem is that people who already have no ideas, just use other people´s ideas (aka fangame  ::) ) and that´s why these games suck: These people would come with their own ideas if they are good in making games what they are not.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I'd probably get more respect if anyone besides Zeriab actually played my Magical Sky Maze demo. Speaking of which, I should probably work on it some more...

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Yes. Work on it!

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I'd probably get more respect if anyone besides Zeriab actually played my Magical Sky Maze demo. Speaking of which, I should probably work on it some more...

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT! I RESPECT YOU! I JUST GAVE YOU TEH SECKS! :=
Visit our website.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Was it surprise secks?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
That was more directed twords people like Atomic.

My GW Character. Hes cool
Uhhm... This  topic has me shitting myself as to whether I can make my game good. it a Final Fantasy fangame but before you say something its going to be more of a conversion than anything else.I'm either making FF7 in tactics style or FFTA in normal RPG style. *braces for flaming* *figures he should buy flameproof clothing* *buys flameproof clothing and comes back wearing it* X3

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Belive me, I know how much FF7 has been used for fan games...its alot. But the one I'm taking about has been in production for a looooooong time...

Off the FF7 discussion, lol, so your making a FF style fan game? Dw, no flaming from me.....good night everyone, I need some sleep....in fact ALOT of sleep.

~Winged 

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
*flame* *flame*

*burn* *burn*

Rep:
Level 96
*ice* *ice*

*BABY*

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
:)
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer
Why am I 'training wheels'??

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back! I gues...
Rhaaah, I'm on fire!

PS: Fangames rule, especialy pokemon fangamer
RPG Maker version: XP

Omfg, who gave me -1 rep? After all I done for you guys!

Recruiting for upcomming game ELVES

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
i want to play a pokemon fangame. link me!
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back! I gues...
I'm making one  ;D

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
wow. changed my mind. dont want a link anymore.
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back! I gues...
? Are you saying that you hate pokemon because I'm making a fangame!

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
no-where would you get that idea?
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back! I gues...
You want a fangame, and when I say im making one, you don't want one anymore

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
it's like watching retards fight... oh wait......

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
Dam you should think about what you say! Sure ill play your fangame...
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back! I gues...
Finally, you'll maybe the only one who will

I might but only of im paid >_< nah im just kidding il;l play it just so long as its not a mahussive file.

Rep:
Level 96
I'd like to as well! It looks like you know what you're doing with the program.

Rep:
Level 89
I'll play it if arrow plays it and describes it as "jesus christ on a bicycle"
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
You know it can't live up to Jesus on a bycle.

Rep:
Level 89
I have high standards (unlike fu)
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Well it depends on what kind of standards.... Like erm Women, hell no I don't have standards. Other stuff, hell yes I do have standards.

Rep:
Level 89
damn, that message ended my 53 headshot kill streak

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

Rep:
Level 89
lol I still won, 140 kills to 3  ;D 114 were head shots

<3
Rep:
Level 90
OMFG THIS IS THE BEST KH FAN GAME EVER!! (sorry for caps) but really, if any of you guyz have a RMXP account, check this out if you haven't seen it.

Linky: http://www.hbgames.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9907

Those who don't , check out these pics:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[WIP]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this is advertising but its so awsome I wanted to share it AND it proves that with some effort, a fangame could be really good.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 05:12:13 AM by Winged »

Okay that does look like a good fan game, but.....

Some fan games can lose points off the bat for lack of creative storyline and other things.

Which is why I have issues with fan games. I may download a fan game if it's interesting enough, but most fan games are too much like the game they are based on or some retro game like Pacman or Pong with anime/video game characters.

Simple:

Some people can't stand fangames, some people just like to do them.

It's same as being homosexual: some people can't stand homosexuality, but others don't mind.

:D but if you ask me, fangames suck.

//AND I AM NOT HOMOPHOBIC. There's nothing wrong with homosexual people
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 04:02:37 PM by Nooco »

It's same as being homosexual: some people can't stand homosexuality, but some people just are gays.

You got one crappy exmaple, just because you are not hating homosexuality does not make you a homosexual.

Maybe you should say that some people can't stand homosexuality, and other don't mind about it.

That post kinda shows that you are a homophobic.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I concur with LoV. Some don't like them, others don't mind.

BTW, the biggest problem with fangames is that these people mostly can't come up with an own idea and use other's. You see where this is leading? To an unoriginal and crappy game. :-/ Altough that KH game looks pretty neat.
Visit our website.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Isn't Kingdom Hearts a fangame in and of itself?

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
Well it depends on what kind of standards.... Like erm Women, hell no I don't have standards. Other stuff, hell yes I do have standards.

So youll just have sex with a 60 year old retired accounted transexual thing?
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Isn't Kingdom Hearts a fangame in and of itself?

ROFLMFAO! You're right! I've never thought about that. It's a fangame of FFs and Disney, lol!
Visit our website.

Simple:

//AND I AM NOT HOMOPHOBIC. There's nothing wrong with homosexual people

I'm sorry, that part that said "And some are gays" which made me think you were refering "gay" as an insult.

Wow, use "gay" at school, and people act like you've insulted their mom

Use "homophobe" on a forum, same result.

Interesting lesson.

But really, some fan games are okay. I download a good Zelda fan game made with RPG Maker 2000, yet I got some bad games as well. But a Zelda fan game would be too easy to do, Zelda gets girlnapped, Link collects magic items, gets a super powerful sword, and kicks Ganon's butt,  Zelda and Link are together again.

What are people's thoughts on fan remakes? Like OOT 2D?

OoT 2D and Metroid Prime 2D are good because they are bringing newer 3D games back to their predessesors old 2D styles, top down for Zelda and side on for Metroid. These arent do much fan games as much as people remaking a gamer they like into a format from previous games of the same franchise.
And yes I do like Zelda and Metroid.

WHAT?? There's OoT 2D?

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Someone on the Game Maker 6 forums is making A Link to the Past in 3D.  I'll ask DragonMagna for the link. ;)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I don't know how much he has done now, although. The last time he still had no playable demo out. =/
It looked pretty good when I checked the last time.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 04:23:39 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Someone on the Game Maker 6 forums is making A Link to the Past in 3D.  I'll ask DragonMagna for the link. ;)

I think I have seen it also, it was nice. I guess that game will be a good one, if the dude has interest to do the whole game.

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
yeayea i played a demo!
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

Rep:
Level 96
Sweet JESUS that's bad ass!

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
..yea..

Link me to a fangame!
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

Rep:
Level 96
Go to page...3 in the projects section, I think.