RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Random Projects form the Past Year large dl

Rep:
Level 87
Just wanted to share a few things I've been working on.

This first one isn't past the concept phase, it would be for an instance ran type of shooter, multiplayer, gather resources, parts, etc from enemy ships, zones, etc. So players would group, and attack specific places in hopes of recovering enemy ships, weapons, tech in general. Simple progress game with coop play. Players can play different classes of ships, supply ships provide ammo and storage room for the rest of the fleet, science ships buff allied ships, etc, very mmorpg, only wiht ships in simple 2d play. And since you'd have a lot of contorl over movment and such, the player/npc with the best guns wouldn't always win, like in eve and other space games. You could actually be good at this game.

This next idea was for a tactics type of game, again, didn't get very far, mostly just wanted to share the art for it. Most of this is just wip, etc, stuff I'll never get around to finishing.

And here is some side scroller fun.

Just for fun. Also here was an idea for a sidescrolling, resource gathering rts type of game, more of a tower defense, but I never found any programmer interested in tackling it, and I found cortex command, which is essentially the same game, so I ditched the idea, but wanted to share the concept work.

Alright, here is my real project, now it is still pretty early, but I'll give you a rundown of the general idea, and compare it to existing titles that I believe are similar. It is singleplayer.
The idea is you start with a small group of goblins, some food and resources, not much. And you establish a camp. Then fish, hunt, harvest, build, farms, fields, etc. The goblins are not directly controlled. Like populous or something. Then you expand, either into woods, or caves, and you issue commands to your peons, and they toil on their own. Passivly like lemmings working, and sleeping, when they can. The closest games in behavior that I can thinking of, would be dungeon keeper, or evil genius.

These tiles I've done are only for the cave part of the game, and I've not done that much, there are a lot of resources here. Wood, water, wheat, flour, bread, gold, iron, clay tablets, pitch, food, herbs, etc, all would have uses. I really enjoyed the resource gathering and managment in stronghold, something like that would be rad. There is another game a lot like this called dwarven fortress, it is an ascii game, and while i didn't enjoy it, I think the mechanics are very similar, only require much more micro managing. The little goblins would have jobs, baker, chef, fisher, etc, but not inventories or anything that complex. They COULD have levels i guess.

I could go on for hours, but alas, here are the tiles I've done so far. 32X32 If I don't end up making this into a game, I'll release all of the art, and prolly most of the previous art here to public domain, with credit of course.

I'd love to know what you guys think and chat it up. Thanks for looking, stay cool. ^_^
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:40:18 PM by boe »

Rep:
Level 87
Nice! I really like that isometric tactics thing. It looks alot like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
This looks fantastic.  :tpg:
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
The goblins game looks awesome hyptosis. Very nice stuff.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
The space exploration and Goblins game looks incredible. 
Your pixel and illustrations looks great as well. An indie developer in the making. :3

Cortex Command <3
EDIT: Visited your portfolio, you're a really good artist.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 01:52:33 AM by Leventhan »
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks a million guys. ^_^ Yeah, it is just a hobby right now since I've never been very good at programming, nor have I had very goodluck with making games. the teams always seem to fall apart, meh =[