RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Rate another posters's rpg maker skills.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Hey all.

Here's a forum game which is about the community's perception of your rpg maker skills.
What you should do is to pick a person who has posted in this topic excluding yourself. You cannot pick a person you have rated before unless at least 6 months has passed. MENTION WHO YOU ARE JUDGING!!!
Rate on a 0-10 scale how you perceive the person's abilities to be in various areas.
Here are a few examples: (You can choose any amount, break them down more precisely, choose new ones. Whatever you like)

Artist
Eventer
Game Designer
Manager (Leadership)
Mapper
Musician
Scripter
Spriter
Writer

Here is a scaling reference:
Quote from: Shamelessly stolen from a topic at .org
0-1 Zero or negligible skills

2-3 Not a total beginner but skill is not good. Many flaws evident.

4 So-so, Below Average

5-6 Average or slightly above, room to improve, but proficient

7 Good, better than many. Solid. Can be much improved.

8 Very good. Highly Respectable. Stands out above most. If you reach 8, then you're pretty good.

9 Very Very good, nearly Excellent, rarely found

10 Excellent - has achieved a high level that is instantly recognizable as being masterful.

Spoiler for A more formal specification, long haired:
A grade is an integer in the range [0;10]. (I.e. 7.2 is not a grade while 7 is.)
The integer represents a range (as opposed to an exact value) which can be derived from normal rounding rules.
The grade 0 represents the range [0;0.5[
The grade 1 represents the range [0.5;1.5[
The grade 9 represents the range [8.5;9.5[
The grade 10 represents the range [9.5;10]

The exact value 0 means no skills what-so-ever in the area
The exact value 10 means the person is in all aspect of the area perfect.

Let's say the grade 10 is given to a person as a spriter. It means that the skills lie in [9.5;10]. The exact skill is not known.
Note that you can't assume linearity of the grading system. I.e. there might be a bigger difference in skill between grade 7 and 8 than 5 and 6 (or vice-versa)
I will not imply that skills are 1-dimensional. The grade is a projection of the skills onto a 1-dimensional scale. Information loss is to be expected.

Since I by the rules can't judge myself, arguable haven't made a post yet and no one else has posted I can't rate anyone in this post.

*hugs*
 - Zeriab
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 08:33:31 AM by Zeriab »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Artist - 7/10? Never really saw your art peices. By artist if you mean mapper, then 10/10
Eventer - 10/10 Godlike
Game Designer - 9/10 - You have crazy ideas and carry them out well
Musician - 7/10? Never really heard any music you made (If you do compose) If it means usage of music, then i think 8/10?
Manager (Leadership)- LOL 8/10 Martian
Scripter 10/10
Spriter  Again, dunno. 7/10
Writer - You have great ideas, and the fact that you're from Mars is 9/10

lol @ me never actually making a whole game like hpor
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Artist - Never seen any of your work ?/10
Eventer - Never seen any of your work ?/10
Game Designer - Never seen any of your work ?/10
Musician - Never seen any of your work ?/10
Manager (Leadership) - Never seen any of your work ?/10
Scripter - Never seen any of your work ?/10
Spriter - Never seen any of your work ?/10
Writer - Never seen any of your work ?/10

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
oh, thats intelligent.

I sorta resign from this game cuz i rarely play other people's rpgs

or make my own

Unless i get a good idea =D
Arlen is hot.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Note that this is not 'Rate above poster's rpg maker skills'. It is 'Rate another poster's rpg maker skills'.
If you have no idea of above poster's skills you should rate a person where you have some idea.
I forgot to add mapper to the list which I have added. (I did say you could add missing stuff yourself ._.)
Also feel free to add notes or explanations along just like how nightwolf did it.

Nightwolf: (Look how I only take areas where I have feeling about wolfie's level)
Eventer - 6/10 (I hope I don't confuse you with mister moo >_>)
Musician - 7/10 from the few pieces I have heard ^^
Scripter - 1/10
Writer - 8/10 (in your native language, in english it's less)

*hugs*
 - Zeriab

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Zeriab

Eventer - 9 / 10 - Very knowledgeable and helpful eventer. All the event systems I've seen by him I could not see any way to improve. It would be 10/10 based on only his technical aspects, I've seen some pretty impressive events in 2k3 recently on a major scale and I feel the 10 should be reserved for those eventers.

Scripter - 10 / 10 - While not as prolific as other major scripters like Blizzard, Zeriab's technical knowledge and ability are the best I've ever seen in any RM scripts. I have learned something from every script of his that I have ever looked at, and his instruction was excellent; all aspects of my own scripts that I believe to have been well done are owed entirely to him.

Those are really the only categories that I have seen work by him in, though his mapping in some of his script demos was not bad by any means. However, I know I would not want to be ranked by the mapping I've done in demos, so I will refrain from ranking that.