RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help me please ;_;

Rep:
Level 88
So a week or so ago, I got a shitton of trojans. Well, I got them all off, but now, my computer won't connect to to almost anything. Firefox acts like I'm not connected to the internet, as does all my online games. (Except Battlefield 2) Internet Explorer still works.

I've tried these things....

- Uninstalling/reinstalling the programs that won't connect (Nothing)
- setting exceptions in my firewall (They were already excepted anyway)
- scaned my computer 8342606512 times looking for more trojans/viruses (No results)

Please tell me what to do. I can't stand using IE. ;_; Here's the list of things that still work online...

- IE
- MSN Messenger
- Battlefield 2

Please help...;_;

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
What OS? XP/Vista

have you tried scanning in safe mode? what have you scanned with?

if all fails, backup the files YOU NEED and reinstall windows after you nuke your disk.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
OS is Vista. Scanning in safe mode? ??? I scanned with AVG.

if all fails, backup the files YOU NEED and reinstall windows after you nuke your disk.
I don't wanna do that again. ;_; I want to avoid that at all costs.

Chodemeister
Rep:
Level 84
AVG free?
Tahl died when I got my WoW account activated lol
And I lost my GoE 1 & 2 unecrypted data when my backup harddrive died after I reformatted...go figure
-GoE http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,30050.0.html
-GoE2 http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,30045.0.html

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
To get into the Windows Vista Safe mode, as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.

Note: With some computers if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the "F8 key", tap the "F8 key" continuously until you get the startup menu.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
scan with windows defender also.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun