RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Attack Radius

Rep:
Level 86
I need help on how I would go about creating something so the player can only attack enemies when they are close enough, is there a tutorial that would point me in the right direction?
Still working on stuff...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'm not sure where this goes..seeing as it's not a script request, but...

What do you mean?  what kind of battle system?
can you be more specific?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 86
I'm not sure where this goes..seeing as it's not a script request, but...

An Enemy has to be close enough to the player for the player to attack that enemy. I don't want the player to be too close to the enemy, or too far either.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
that's no more specific than your first post was.

Rep:
Level 86
that's no more specific than your first post was.

Sorry, I'll try to explain it in more detail. When an enemy sees the player, the enemy try's to get close to attack the player. Obviously, if the player has a short range weapon, the player cannot attack the enemy from long distances. But, the enemy does not have to be face to face with the player for the player to attack them. There are a bunch of events around the player (this is the player's range) when an enemy steps into the range, a marker appears over the enemy's head, and their health and level is shown at the bottom right. (So you avoid really powerful enemies early on)

In short, I need to know how to create a bunch of events that "move with the player" instead of following him, and ending up behind him.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
it sounds like you're wanting an ABS, and I know that BlizzABS, among others supports weapon ranges.

However, you'd need a plugin for that enemy HP thing.
it's generally not a good idea to put high level enemies in low level areas anyway.