RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
iTunes 8.0

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Get it, if only for the visualizer.

Spoiler for Jesus Christ:

Get the new People in Planes album, too, it's great.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
The genius sidebar is pretty sweet, too.

I have two People in Planes albums (the only two studio albums) and itunes' sidebar just told me there's two songs by them that I don't have, and that I should check out.

I thought I had all of them, lol. Guess not.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
The visualizer is pretty cool, but I hate iTunes with a burning passion. I make jokes here from time to time about Macs and such, but I've also stated several times they aren't as useless as some (Anski) would have you think and I do hope to get one someday.

iTunes, and iPods for that matter, are my only real beef with Apple. Poor software, poor product, horrible horrible horrible audio format.

But that visualizer is pretty awesome. I don't really use Winamp's that much, I guess now that I think about it.

EDIT: As soon as I hit the post button I realized that this post will probably lead to a Mac vs. Windows war. Those posts will be deleted, that wasn't my intention. :mad:
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
iTunes uses a lot of cpu. (at least on Windows, though I've heard the the OSX version is a lot less cpu heavy) Winamp uses 40k to play a song and display visuals, and iTunes uses 140k. In my opinion, iTunes is a better all around program, in terms of features and user interface. The reason I use Winamp as opposed to iTunes is because of skins, simplicity, and less cpu usage. All I really need out of a music player is something that plays music. I don't require a cpu heavy program to make music come out of my speakers. =o

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
when I had my mac, the only thing I used iTunes for was organizing my music folder for me.
I imported music into it and it organized it by band and album for me :D

then I'd play it in VLC

<3 VLC

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
for the record, halo :x

My ipod has never had a problem since I got it :)

(like three years ago)

my only beef with apple is the iPod's lifespan.....one year.

Like I said I got my ipod three years ago:

- MY iPod (ipod video or w/e you want to call it)
 - New Ipod Classic
  - Newer iPod classic with same look but more space / cheaper.

so yea three years and two new iPods ;p
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
The visualizer is pretty cool, but I hate iTunes with a burning passion. I make jokes here from time to time about Macs and such, but I've also stated several times they aren't as useless as some (Anski) would have you think and I do hope to get one someday.

I never meant that they were blatantly useless, I say that as a joke.

You still don't have to stir shit up by saying my name though.  :mad:
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I fart in iTunes' general direction.

Rep:
Level 96
Personally, I love the interface and how visual it is. I like seeing the album artwork that corresponds to the song I'm listening to, and I like how iTunes finds it for you so you don't have to do any work. But even if it doesn't, all you have to do (on a mac) is google the picture, and then drag the picture from the browser and drop it over the "artwork not found" icon in iTunes. Incredibly simple. You don't even have to download it or save it to your hard drive first.

Finding the artist you want is easy even if you're not used to the new interface. Just click anywhere in iTunes main window and start typing, it'll go to the name you're typing and highlight it for you.

And on a Mac, iTunes takes up either as much or less CPU than Firefox does.
I wouldn't use iTunes on my PC, because my PC is a piece of crap and can't handle it.
(Because it's old. Not because it's a PC.)

Even if it took up more, it wouldn't slow down my computer anyway. I used to be that way; "this one's better because it takes up less resources," but now I've realized that I only do one or two things at a time on a computer anyway. I don't even notice the difference when using a "heavy" program.
Like Finale. I know Finale is a CPU beast, but it doesn't slow my computer down. I'm not gonna switch to Sibelius because of something I don't even notice.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 03:13:15 PM by arlen »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I don't like how if I deleted something from my music library, I had to delete it from iTunes again, and how if I deleted something from iTunes, it didn't really remove it from my music library, even when I asked it to.

Rep:
Level 96
I actually prefer it that way, lol.

But doesn't every media player do that? By that I mean when you delete the file from your library, the player looks at you like WHERE DID IT GO!?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
yeah, but iTunes' built in library doesn't flag missing or moved songs until you go to play it.  Then it went all LOL IT DOESN'T EXIST WHAT HAPPENED YOU FAG!

iTunes is the only media player I've used that tries to track your library.  VLC, WMP, Winamp, KM Player, etc... all just do playlist entry.  So that when you put a song into the playlist, you KNOW it's there.

I personally like the playlist approach better, myself.  Matter of opinion.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Foobar2000 <3

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I never meant that they were blatantly useless, I say that as a joke.

You still don't have to stir shit up by saying my name though.  :mad:

Somebody's overly sensitive lately. =o Fine, I'll never use your name again. ~
:tinysmile:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Rockbox installed on your iPod will let you simply drag and drop files over like it always should have been =)

You'll also be able to play many other formats that apple doesn't deem worthy like vorbis or FLAC.
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Zombie: I have a Creative Zen Microphoto :3

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
i hate itunes convertion stuff... its just a pain. itunes however has good library features for finding your music fast.

Rep:
Level 96
I don't get it. I drag and drop all my files onto my iPod, and there's a few FLAC files in my library as well..

..well, if you say it doesn't work for you, I'll believe you, but..

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
lol i'm just reading this now and it's hilarious how everyone's making restrained arguments.

I haven't downloaded 8.0 yet. I might for your sake, arlen.

Probably not, i'm too lazy to bother with Itunes updates.

I'm relatively happy with itunes, besides the MASSIVE cpu usage, but my biggest problem is windows/itunes relations. I can't make any of my crappy animated things set to music because of the mp4 format D:.

I never get far with those things anyways, but it kind of sucks >.>