RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Rant]MMOGs...

Rep:
Level 88
Ok, seriously guys. I took a look through this list -> http://gamelist.mmosite.com/area/US.html Every single MMO says, "We're completely revolutionary and stuff like that." EVERY SINGLE MMORPG IS THE SAME. It's ridiculous! The only "revolutionary" games are the golf ones! Maybe that one tennis one too. It is sad how every game developer thinks his/her idea for an MMO hasn't been done before because it has a different name. I'd have to say the best MMORPGs are...

-Guild Wars, because its actually fun. And it's not just grinding. You always have some sort of quest that's not just "Go kill x amount of enemies."
... And that's about it!

Guild Wars got the basic system right. It's got its flaws sure, but at least its not just grinding. I've played a game, don't remember it's name, but it took me until level 6 or 7 to find my first quest. That's insane. Give me a tutorial or something. There are some promising ones coming out such as Aion whose gameplay looks quite fun. Albeit, the story looks just as generic as any, but oh well.

I'd have to say one game gets an "It was almost a good game". Mabinogi. It was different. you could go the entire game without fighting. (Well, sorta) However, it had one major flaw. To actually do the story quests, see most of the world, get the best weapon/armor, and a whole lot of other crap, you had to pay a monthly subscription! Damn you, Nexon! You ruined a great game. Adn that leads me onto my next order of business...

Cash shops. Either make me pay for a game, or make it free. A cash shop is one thing I despise more than anything. "Alright guys, we're gonna make a pretty decent game and it's gonna be free. So to pay for the server upkeep and whatnot, we will make a cash shop!" I guess it sounds smart... But, to me, it'd be a lot better to just make the people buy the damn game, and give it to them with no strings attached.

Well, I guess that ends my rant. I'm sorry, but I had to get my frustration out. Oh and one side note... "Dofus"? What the hell kinda name is that for an MMO?

Anyway... [/rant]

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Wrong. Not everyone said that. You probably looked through about 6 of them, and the shittier ones mind you, and said "NNNNMMMM THIS MAKES ME ANGRY."

I suggest you actually try one. Like Lineage II, great MMO. If you play WoW, I'll cut you up.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I used to play Guild Wars, but it was a friend's account and he wanted it back

*flame shields up*

now I play FFXI, and I've found it to be entertaining to say the least.
it's hard to solo, yes, and the economy is only "broken" if you try to sell to vendors instead of the auction house.

I've come to find that, since the game isn't very newbie friendly (i.e. steep learning curve) the shitheads you find in other games like WoW don't last very long, so the people you play with tend to be more mature players.  this already gets it points in my book.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
Wrong. Not everyone said that. You probably looked through about 6 of them, and the shittier ones mind you, and said "NNNNMMMM THIS MAKES ME ANGRY."

I suggest you actually try one. Like Lineage II, great MMO. If you play WoW, I'll cut you up.
Never played WoW, never will. I've played Lineage II before. I forgot about that one. It was pretty decent. Also, look at that list. I have downloaded and played at least half of those. Yes, I know what I'm talking about, and yes, I have way too much free time.
I used to play Guild Wars, but it was a friend's account and he wanted it back

*flame shields up*

now I play FFXI, and I've found it to be entertaining to say the least.
it's hard to solo, yes, and the economy is only "broken" if you try to sell to vendors instead of the auction house.

I've come to find that, since the game isn't very newbie friendly (i.e. steep learning curve) the shitheads you find in other games like WoW don't last very long, so the people you play with tend to be more mature players.  this already gets it points in my book.
I've never gotten to play FFXI since my friend's copy was screwed up.

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
My favourite MMOs...

Phantasy Star Online:  You actually have to fight your opponents rather than click and watch, was a lot of fun.
Phantasy Star Universe:  Same reason as Online but also had an awesome character creation and a lot of great stat systems.
FFXI:  I liked how one character can do everything.  I hate alts more than anything in MMOs, I never make them..  I also loved this game's community, and the world was just plain fun.

btw, I think WoW is overrated..  It's the same as just about every other cookie cutter MMO, it just got popular because Blizzard's name was backing it...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
FFXI:  I liked how one character can do everything.  I hate alts more than anything in MMOs, I never make them..  I also loved this game's community, and the world was just plain fun

I have a mule in Bastok cuz my main is in windy and they dont' have good armor in Windy ;o;
Also playing the AH like a beast :3

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I haven't played most of the MMOs, and the ones I did play weren't for long or I still play.

Spoiler for:
Dark Ages by kru, the item shop is pointless as the game is more just sitting around and talking or hunting and getting higher hp/mp. The battle is system is decent for insights 1 - 99 but once you start hunting ability points, it makes you want to quit playing ( 240k till ab16, and every monster gives 58 ap a kill). The community also sucks.

Dream of Mirrior Online, is pretty fun the battle system was great and I didn't pay attention to the cash shop. I enjoyed the "Be able to fly on your weapon" thing to. I had fun with the community, they were fun and helpful and didn't blow someone off because they just started or was a low level.

The only problem I had with grand chase was that I was forced to play as the three girls and play through a quest once I got to level 50 to play as the magic knight.

I would like to play FFXI, but I doubt my system can handle it (It restarts after trying to play games like, Mabinogi or PRISM:Guard Shield for 10 minutes).
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Guild Wars is by far my favorite, though I do want to try AoC.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
MMOs are generally lame and a waste of time, in my opinion. I play games for the variety of gameplay modes and interesting stories, and MMOs are all pretty similar in theory and execution. I guess the getting together with your friends and questing aspect is kind of cool, but I would rather get together with my friends and party or go camping. Video games are a solo venture for me.