RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Cartoony Style?

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season
Hi guys, for some reason I'm having a hard time searching for/finding a cartoonish style tileset and/or character set.  The characters will probably be easy to find with a bit of googling, but I've been on the search for a tileset for a while now with no luck.
It's for RPG Maker XP, and a farming style game.  What I've done so far is just started to make my own tileset, but its becoming really tedious and slowing down production because I can't seem to do the "cartoon" style very well.
Here's some pictures of what I've got so far.
Outside:

Inside:

As you can see, I'm decent at pixelart, but at this cartoon style I just can't seem to get it right!
Anyways that's pretty much how I would like it, bright colors with dark outlines, and some sketchy-style art.
If this is possible for anyone to pick up, let me know! Thanks!

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I kind of like it actually. It has a unique atmosphere to it without looking shitty. Aside from the table, chairs and the bed, I like it

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Thanks for the comments, I agree the inside set needs a lot of work.  Personally I didn't like the whole thing so much (or it could just be the fact that I'm lazy!).
Anyways, I'm always eager to scratch this thing if anyone finds something similar that's closer to being completed.

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 87
RIP w-hat the fork
Might want to change the default font to fit the mood also.
Huge sig is huuuuge.

Rep:
Level 87
I like the idea itself, but I would recommend actually taking this into thought. Until now it just looks horribly random. Even if its cartoony doesn't mean you can drop all pixel art down the drain. Make the outline thinner, add some actually shading. I'd suggest checking out $t3v0's cartoon world attempt.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
eiii the animation reminds me of finger salad :D very very nice but the tables and bed need a bit of work gl with the project!

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
I like the idea itself, but I would recommend actually taking this into thought. Until now it just looks horribly random. Even if its cartoony doesn't mean you can drop all pixel art down the drain. Make the outline thinner, add some actually shading. I'd suggest checking out $t3v0's cartoon world attempt.
After days of searching on hbgames.org, do ya think you could link me to either Stevo's or Twin Matrix's tileset? I believe I heard TM also has a cartoony tileset, and I would appreciate it!

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 87
Yeah, its the stemix style (originally made by $t3v0 and altered by Twin Matrix).

http://www.hbgames.org/forums/index.php?topic=24465.0
I think this is basically the style your going for.

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Yeah unfortunately no pictures on that tutorial are showing up for me. I found that topic during my searches and it looks like a hella of a lot of information, but can't seem to get any example pictures.  >:(

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
There was a guy here a while ago who was making a game called "OMI". It was great looking, and had a storybook style like SaGa Frontier 2. Look for that.

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
I started on a mock test of the certain style I found a while ago. Still a long way to go but hopefully I'm in the right direction. What do you think?

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Hey, it looks pretty cool. The font matches the cartoon style now. Although, the house looks a bit flat, but maybe it's meant to be like that.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, that screen looks pretty good. I like the trees but like Shadow said, the house's roof doesn't look like a roof.

Oh, and here's a link to that project Holk mentioned: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,21478.0.html

Rep:
Level 87
Well, you can't expect everything to be an image. You should learn to read.

Plus that looks like an improvement, but I just don't like the sprites.

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Yeah sprites are going to be a last priority. Right now I'm just making what I need. Thanks for comments though they've been a huge help. The farming portion of it is done now I just gotta motivate myself to finish the relationship portion.

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Yeah, that screen looks pretty good. I like the trees but like Shadow said, the house's roof doesn't look like a roof.

Oh, and here's a link to that project Holk mentioned: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,21478.0.html

That's a good example, but it's not the one I was talking about. It was made by a dude named TeaBag. Here are some pics:

Rep:
Level 87
That's interesting, looks hand-made, gotta say that's excellent.

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Yeah definately a great idea, using just panoramic mapping. Basically free-handing the background and using "block" tiles. I just don't have that kind artistic ability.

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.