RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Do the rules even apply anymore?

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Seriously, why do we still have that thread up there? It's about as pointless as a DVD Rewinder. You moderators never actually ban anybody or suspend them or punish anybody for doing anything to intentionally offend people, even though it says right on the rule list "Flaming gets a 1 week suspension no questions asked."

I've thought about reporting some of you guys before for various flames that the moderators themselves make, but the posts would just go to the mods and since you guys stick together, nothing would be done, and if anything, something bad might happen to ME. And even Malson, the best moderator on this site, doesn't respond to me anymore.

So that being said, I ask, why does the rules thread exist? This forum doesn't have rules anymore. There's really no point to having it there.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Seriously, why do we still have that thread up there? It's about as pointless as a DVD Rewinder. You moderators never actually ban anybody or suspend them or punish anybody for doing anything to intentionally offend people, even though it says right on the rule list "Flaming gets a 1 week suspension no questions asked."

I've thought about reporting some of you guys before for various flames that the moderators themselves make, but the posts would just go to the mods and since you guys stick together, nothing would be done, and if anything, something bad might happen to ME. And even Malson, the best moderator on this site, doesn't respond to me anymore.

So that being said, I ask, why does the rules thread exist? This forum doesn't have rules anymore. There's really no point to having it there.

The ban list is 3 pages long and nearing its 4th page. And we do ban people for flaming, but we don't usually ban after the first insult or anything. And, yes, there are special exceptions. Such as when a certain drama whore who shall remain nameless brings it all on themself.  Even still, there is an arbitrary line to be crossed there, and it was arguably crossed recently (as those in Extra Access have read about).

Even though you are widely disliked here, there would certainly be no action taken against you for reporting a post, even a staff member's. Would action be taken against that staff member? It depends. Probably not, but it depends how serious it is. Would action be taken against a regular member? Again, it depends. If they're a prominent or older member we tend to be lenient. If it's some dickhead who registered the same day and is already flaming everyone they'll be banned immediately.

The bottom line is: even though it may not seem like it, there are rules in place. They are very lax rules, but rules nonetheless. The problem with having lax rules and being a laid back forum is that one has to overlook many things that would earn a ban on other forums.

Also just stop bringing everything down on you and there won't be so many problems. Some of it is just you being you and you can't help that, but a lot of it is so obviously designed to get people to give you attention, even if it's insults.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
OK, but what about when my opinions are persecuted in a non-sewers area? By people like say YOU, for example? Or would calling people's opinions "moronic" not count as flaming?

And what about people's tastes? The trading section isn't part of the sewers, so why are the mods allowed to be pricks about what I listen to?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I cannot speak for everyone, but as for myself, if my opinion is directly opposite of yours then I'm going to express it. That doesn't mean I have to be nice about it, especially if your opinion is stupid. >:-(

Also I have the feeling I'm going to need to repeat this soon: "Just because I am a staff member does not mean I have to refrain from giving my opinion, blunt as it may be."

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Great, another one of YOU guys.

Alright. Apparently you think I'm complaining about your opinion, correct? Don't worry, I'll remain calm for this. I get people like you on every forum where I end up reporting something. I know how to deal with this kind of situation... I think.

So let me start by saying WRONG.

I'm complaining about your DELIVERY.

I repeat. I'm complaining about your DELIVERY. DELIVERY DELIVERY DELIVERY DELIVERY DELIVERY. Understand? I don't care if you express your opinions, I care if you express them in a hateful way. Do you understand? Do you get it? You can express your own opinions without insulting mine. You don't NEED to call my opinions moronic. God isn't going to smite you if you don't say "fag" before telling me why you think I'm wrong.

Are you saying that it's OK to insult other people as long as you stick your opinion in the post somewhere?

That being the case, what IS a flame on this forum?
"Flaming is the performance "art" of posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting,"
The direct definition from the rules thread.

So tell me Halo, why is it that calling my opinions "moronic" isn't deliberately hostile and insulting?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 07:29:41 AM by Fanatical About Anime »

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
People wouldn't pick on you if you didn't baww so damn much.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
DELIVERY. DELIVERY DELIVERY DELIVERY DELIVERY DELIVERY.

SIR WE NEED YOU TO CALM DOWN.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
You think incest is right ~

And you wonder why that thread went that way.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.

It's still subjective. As long as someone CAN have an opinion about something, people shouldn't be allowed to be hurtful and insulting when your opinion contradicts the view of the public.

Even if my beliefs on incest aren't popular, it's still POSSIBLE to have those beliefs, so people shouldn't be able to call them moronic. If they want to say they think incest is wrong, they simply need say that they think incest is wrong and perhaps post an actual logical reason why. They need not call me moronic. The use of insults is not required in expressing an opinion.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

It's still subjective. As long as someone CAN have an opinion about something, people shouldn't be allowed to be hurtful and insulting when your opinion contradicts the view of the public.

Even if my beliefs on incest aren't popular, it's still POSSIBLE to have those beliefs, so people shouldn't be able to call them moronic. If they want to say they think incest is wrong, they simply need say that they think incest is wrong and perhaps post an actual logical reason why. They need not call me moronic. The use of insults is not required in expressing an opinion.

Maybe they think it's VERY wrong and they also find your views disturbing and hurtful to veiw.

Why should they have to put up with it also?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Thread Summary = :baww:

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.

Maybe they think it's VERY wrong and they also find your views disturbing and hurtful to veiw.

Your argument is subjective. Because of that, I can easily counter it by saying this: Why should I have to put up with your opinions?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
because you are a brotherfucker therefore less of a real human being

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

Your argument is subjective. Because of that, I can easily counter it by saying this: Why should I have to put up with your opinions?

But this argument was started by you thinking we SHOULD put up and respect your veiws, when you dont think that some of us dont wanna see your's as some are offended by them.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.

But this argument was started by you thinking we SHOULD put up and respect your veiws, when you dont think that some of us dont wanna see your's as some are offended by them.
If you're offended by an opinion just because it's DIFFERENT, that's your own problem. I have a right to my opinion same as you do. The only reason you should have a problem with me expressing my opinion, is if I call you a "fag" or something of the like somewhere in the post.

And that's once again subjective. It is your opinion that my opinions are radical and are "put up with".

In fact, it's everybody's opinion, but it's still an opinion.

Alright, lemme spell it out:

If I can't get away with calling YOUR opinions stupid, why can you get away with calling MY opinion stupid?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:19:57 AM by Fanatical About Anime »

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
So your saying, we HAVE to put up with your opinions, while you dont want our opinions expressed as they 'hurt' you, though you dont care if we are offended by yours.

So is this a sort of one way street thing that everyone has to agree with you?

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
So your saying, we HAVE to put up with your opinions, while you dont want our opinions expressed as they 'hurt' you, though you dont care if we are offended by yours.

SON OF A BITCH WHAT DID I JUST SAY!? NO NO FUCKING NO! LEARN TO READ!

I DON'T CARE IF YOU EXPRESS YOUR OPINION

You just don't need to do it in a way that is hurtful. Instead of saying "You're a moron if you think incest is EVER ok," you can say "I don't think incest is OK". You don't NEED to insult people to get your point across. I already said that, but apparently you can't read, so I said it again.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

SON OF A BITCH WHAT DID I JUST SAY!? NO NO FUCKING NO! LEARN TO READ!

I DON'T CARE IF YOU EXPRESS YOUR OPINION

You just don't need to do it in a way that is hurtful. Instead of saying "You're a moron if you think incest is EVER ok," you can say "I don't think incest is OK". You don't NEED to insult people to get your point across. I already said that, but apparently you can't read, so I said it again.

Ok next time you do something that offends me ill bug every mod then make a useless topic about in the vain of drama whore~

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Fine. The next time I call you a fag for having different beliefs than me, you SHOULD report me. I can easily say "I don't agree with you", but if I just HAVE to say "you're a fag if you don't agree with me", then I deserve to be reported.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Fine. The next time I call you a fag for having different beliefs than me, you SHOULD report me. I can easily say "I don't agree with you", but if I just HAVE to say "you're a fag if you don't agree with me", then I deserve to be reported.

.-.

You can offend somone without an insult.

Someone who read your post could of had a bad experience with a farther or something, which this would cause them te pain of remembering

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.

.-.

You can offend somone without an insult.

Someone who read your post could of had a bad experience with a farther or something, which this would cause them te pain of remembering
Right, but that's not INTENTIONAL offense. I have no way of knowing what people's bad experiences were. "Flaming is the performance "art" of posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting,"

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Or you could just not bring something up that is fucking sick and twisted.

Your new religion, shinto, im sure they are against Incest,

If they are not, get your farther to fuck you in the ass and come back and tell us if you think the same.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Animefan would you kindly stop expressing your opinions? They are disturbing us all greatly and it would be impolite of you to continue.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Or you could just not bring something up that is fucking sick and twisted.

Your new religion, shinto, im sure they are against Incest,

If they are not, get your farther to fuck you in the ass and come back and tell us if you think the same.
Shinto doesn't have a rock-hard code of ethics. We don't believe in sin, although it is implied that you're supposed to behave good. They don't have a big list of things you can and can't do.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Get your farther to fuck you in the ass and come back and tell us if you think the same.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
so to practice shinto one only needs to google it?

Rep:
Level 97
Great, another one of YOU guys.

Alright. Apparently you think I'm complaining about your opinion, correct? Don't worry, I'll remain calm for this. I get people like you on every forum where I end up reporting something. I know how to deal with this kind of situation... I think.

So let me start by saying WRONG.

Idiot.

I'm complaining about your DELIVERY.

Well, I'm not UPS but I thi-

I repeat. I'm complaining about your DELIVERY. DELIVERY DELIVERY DELIVERY DELIVERY DELIVERY. Understand? I don't care if you express your opinions, I care if you express them in a hateful way. Do you understand? Do you get it? You can express your own opinions without insulting mine. You don't NEED to call my opinions moronic. God isn't going to smite you if you don't say "fag" before telling me why you think I'm wrong.

Oh. Well that was a little more than annoying. So you mean you got your feelings hurt.

:| :baww:

When you're an idiot you need to be told you're an idiot. That's the only way you'll learn.

Are you saying that it's OK to insult other people as long as you stick your opinion in the post somewhere?

No, I'm saying it's ok to insult people when:
-they deserve it.
-they're a moron.
-you're a comedian.

When people have stupid opinions then there's no reason to be nice. And yes, there are stupid opinions. Don't give me that crap about how opinions can't be wrong because they're opinions.

That being the case, what IS a flame on this forum?
"Flaming is the performance "art" of posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting,"
The direct definition from the rules thread.

k

So tell me Halo, why is it that calling my opinions "moronic" isn't deliberately hostile and insulting?

I never said it wasn't. I'm saying if you posted something stupid then you're going to have to expect that. I'm not going to insult every one of your opinions (although you are certainly trying real hard to get me to do so, apparently). But I mean really, have you ever read some of the stuff you've posted?

In short: Not everyone is nice, welcome to life. Get over it, dumbass.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
=_=
Now you're just trying to piss me off.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Get your farther to fuck you in the ass and come back and tell us if you think the same.

Do it.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
=_=
Now you're just trying to piss me off.
Oops you caught me.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ITT Nouman's inbox is flooded by reports.

Everyone chillaxe :lock:

and please don't act like OMG this topic was going somewhere
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Animefan: you have a point, and I agree with you to an extent, but at the same time you can't change people from being mean-spirited so don't even bother trying. All you'll do is attract even more shit. Just get used to it. (which is basically what Halo was saying anyway)