RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
CHOKEmate... satasfy your need (on myspace)

Rep:
Level 90
I have a huge problem with a popular teen website having ads for a site called "Chokemate" for people into choking and strangulation fetishes. Does anyone else feel there is a problem having sites like this advertised where minors can see them?

I don't just want the ads gone, I now want the site itself gone.

What's next? KILLmate?

How about CHECKmate for chess players?
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
* Dr_Sword chokes Maia

>_>

I don't see how its a problem, most kids who are old enough to be on those sites 13/14 should be mature enough to not be like "OH MY GOD I AM SCARRED ;______;"

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
choking and stragulation fetishes? odd o.O

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
It's a sneaky ad for the movie Choke.  For those of you who don't know, it's based on the book Choke by Chuck Palahniuk.  He's the guy who wrote Fight Club.  It should be a pretty kick ass movie.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I have a huge problem with a popular teen website having ads for a site called "Chokemate" for people into choking and strangulation fetishes. Does anyone else feel there is a problem having sites like this advertised where minors can see them?

What's next? KILLmate?

I see what you're saying though. It's not that they would be scarred, per se, sword, but that they may click into a given site out of morbid curiosity, and then try the act out for themselves.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I hope nobody's going to make something like this for prenatal morbidity. ;9
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

What's next? KILLmate?

I see what you're saying though. It's not that they would be scarred, per se, sword, but that they may click into a given site out of morbid curiosity, and then try the act out for themselves.
They aren't retarded either, I can understand a 5 or 6 year old acting this out, but you have to be atleast 13 to have a myspace account, thats roughly 7th-8th grade. Last time I checked they were the "No, fuck you" type and not the "Durr mind is spongey, lets choke eachother because we saw it on the internet" type.

Rep:
Level 96
Auto-erotic asphyxiation is surprisingly common.

And just because we're smart doesn't mean humanity is, Sword. There are plenty of full grown adults that shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87

What's next? KILLmate?

They aren't retarded either, I can understand a 5 or 6 year old acting this out, but you have to be atleast 13 to have a myspace account, thats roughly 7th-8th grade. Last time I checked they were the "No, fuck you" type and not the "Durr mind is spongey, lets choke eachother because we saw it on the internet" type.
You'd be surprised. Even if they don't imitate it like, immediately the idea is still there.

Auto-erotic asphyxiation is surprisingly common.

And just because we're smart doesn't mean humanity is, Sword. There are plenty of full grown adults that shouldn't be allowed to breed.

What he said.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
It's a sneaky ad for the movie Choke.  For those of you who don't know, it's based on the book Choke by Chuck Palahniuk.  He's the guy who wrote Fight Club.  It should be a pretty kick ass movie.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 96
We got that. We're discussing something else now. : )

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
You should check out pro-anorexia sites, some pretty gross stuff there.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
Ohhhhhh yes. Barf.

Wait a minute...