RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I didn't see a thread for it... :/ (Merc 2)

Rep:
Level 88
Mercenaries 2. It looks awesome. I loved the first one. I pre-ordered it cause I had left over store credit at GameStop. I'm getting it Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7xq7pIZ_9s

And the weird commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daIrc6uBRkc

Oh and did I mention it has online co-op? You should be able to figure out what it's about from the videos.

Discuss.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 05:42:08 PM by Revo »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I rented the first Mercenaries, it was pretty generic up until the game froze :mad:

Rep:
Level 88
Yeah, the first one froze up sometimes. But, it get's pretty intense later in the game. (Still haven't beat the last mission)

Rep:
Level 88
Alright, so I got the game, played it for a few hours and this is my result...

Plays EXACTLY like the last game. The world is a little bigger, you can swim and drive boats, more factions, annoying-as-hell pirates, and WAAAAAAAY more story. I have the PS2 version so I can't do online and the graphics aren't as good as the PS3 or 360 versions. (They are good on the PS2 though.)

So, basically if you liked the first Merc game, you'll like this one too. It has a lot of good humor. (Your support jet pilot is always drunk, even when flying)

So, if I gave it a score, I'd give it about a 7 out of 10. It's a good game, they just could have done better.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I sing to the commercial every time it comes on, and it looks fun, but I'm not really in the mood for more random sandbox destruction, vehicle stealing, or shooting after playing GTAIV for a few hundred hours. !_!

Rep:
Level 88
Well, this one is less random sandbox destruction than the last one because you almost always have some sort of structured mission. While most of them involve random sandbox destruction, they actually have some sort of meaning as it helps progress through the storyline. Also, from what I've played here is the storyline/plot.

You are a mercenary. You do a job for some guy named Solano in Venezuela. He didn't pay you and tried to kill you. (And if you play as Mattias, shot you in the ass as you jumped from a ledge.) You want payback. Solano has gathered a military and has seized control of Venezuela. There are several factions that want him gone. You accept. Thus starts the random destruction.

I'm not sure, but I think that North Korea (The enemy from the last game) appears in this game as an ally to Solano. Apparently, Solano has a lot of nuclear weapons, blah blah, he plans to use them, blah blah, you gotta stop him, etc. I think you eventually save the world.

Also, best quote from the game yet...

Quote from: Oil Rig Mission Briefing
Fiona: So the mission is get in, boom, and get out.
Mattias: I long for a mission that''s boom, boom, and boom.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
If I want humor and destruction combined I will play Army of Two thank you D:<

Rep:
Level 88
Ok, I take back everything I said about this game. I just got to play it on PS3. The developers were insanely evil to us PS2 owners. The PS3 version has amazing graphics, epic explosions, completely different missions, a better stockpile system, trees actually burn when caught in an explosion, waaaaay more vehicles, and it's just a hell of a lot better. It's basically a completely different game. Also, Mattias from the PS3 version is by far the best Swedish mercenary/druggie ever.

To explain the most awesome vehicle ever, I was looking for a picture of it. Unfortunately, I could not find one, so I'll just explain it.

Take a motorcycle. Add 2 large machine guns on it. Put bullet-proof metal plating on it. Remove the wheels. Replace them with tank treads. And let it be the fastest vehicle in the game. I give you, the TankCycle. Strong as a tank, fast as a motorcycle. :tpg: Only downside? $700,000 to deliver it. ;9
If I want humor and destruction combined I will play Army of Two thank you D:<
Is there a TankCycle in Army of Two? ::)

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Played PC Version, would prefer Army of Two
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
Played PC Version, would prefer Army of Two
* Dr_Sword lets Anski get severely wounded and drags him all the way across the map over various hills and steep drops