RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dread Council I

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
I'm really just starting, but I've come up with a basic plot:

"You play as the main character, Ramen, who as a child was taught swordsmanship and martial arts by his grandfather. On one fateful day, while Ramen is training with his grandfather, their cabin in the woods is ambushed and while Ramen hides, he sees three Robot ambushers kidnap his grandfather. After all is clear Ramen tells his parents what happened. A search party is formed but his grandfather is never seen again. From that day fourth Ramen vows to never stop looking for his grandfather.

Ten Years Later...

Nineteen-year-old Ramen is taking a hike through the woods when he sees a trail of blood. Interested, he follows it to a clearing where he sees a teenage girl who is passed out on the ground, head bleeding. He also sees a trio of Robots, the same three who kidnapped his grandfather ten years earlier. Launching a surprise attack, Ramen kills two of the Robots, but the other gets away. He finds that the girl is one of the king's special army, the famous teen assassin, Jayla.
Jayla reveals that she was looking for Ramen when she got recaptured  by the robots. Jayla had a cell next to his grandfathers, and it was his dying wish that if she should escape to find him, and led him to the Dread Council's facility. Now Ramen will stop at nothing to avenge his grandfathers death..."

Of course I have a lot more planned, but I don't want to give away too much. I've never made a game before which is why I need a team of experts to help me. I can pixel some but I don't have nearly enough experience to make sprites, maps, or anything else that would need to be made. I would like to help in some way, but I don't know what way yet. Here's some more info:

-There will be a lot more characters, But Ramen is the main.
-Magic will be involved, just not with Ramen.
-Ramen does make friends with other characters, who will later join his team if he chooses.
-Their is a main plot, with Ramen and his friends going on an adventure to save people and foil the Dread Council's plots.
-I don't want this to be the only Dread Council game, which means Ramen won't beat an ultimate boss at the end and all is well.

Anyone interested in helping, send me a message. And please comment to tell me if I could adjust the game/plot for the better.

Thanks,
Cody

UPDATE:
Here's a short video as a conversion example. Note:
-The sprites used are not sprites for the game, just examples.
-Sprites credit to RMRK Resources.
-This is not made in RMXP. I used MS Paint and Animation Shop 3.
Spoiler for:

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 07:43:07 PM by firewindz »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I read through, it seems decent. I hope to see the main character sprite as a small dry square condensed chunk of noodles!  :mad: If not, I'll be disappointed.

you know, I didn't even think of ramen noodles when I came up with the name, but that could be a nice twist, his only weapon is a chunk of dry noodles. Just kidding, but thanks for the comment.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Will this game be made in RM2k3, RMXP or RMVX?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 85
The Final Chapter
Seems to have quite a bit of potential. The revenge thing can be used in sooooooo many ways.
Goodluck! ;D

Will this game be made in RM2k3, RMXP or RMVX?

I'm thinking RMXP, but I have to get enough money to buy it first...

Also, small question:
Does anyone know who to credit for the XP Character Sets with the people in crystals. Like this:
http://crankeye.com/resources/XP%20Character%20Sets/satana_81_ArcanumCrystal.png/show

BTW, these people in crystals (almost all of them) will play a major role in the game.