RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
It's back! 'Lufia - The Final War'

Rep:
Level 85
The Final Chapter
Hey guys,

I think it's time for me to try and get this up again...

Lufia - The Final War

Okay firstly for those that don't recognise me, I am AlwaysIdeas, just under a new username!

Anyway, all who read my old project rundown will know the basics, but here is a recap!

Story

It's been 300 years since the first Doom Island War. The world has been in true peace since Wain and his allies destroyed the Sinistrals and Balzak, the God of Fire, who nearly destroyed the continent. Doom Island fell in the, at the time, unexplored continent of Estoland. Only Wain and his allies travelled there to investigate the new continent. They made a small settlement, which grew into a larger town, and in no time, Estoland was covered in bustling cities.

As in true tradition, and for reasons unknown, the ground around where Doom Island rest has started vibrating, and an increase in foes have appeared throughout the continent. A new descendant of the Maxim bloodline lives within the continent, and he too has felt the vibrations and can sense an unearthly disturbance in the air. He knows his lineage, and senses an unearthly  power growing from within him...

It is time...

Details

Now I don't want to give away too much, but I will tell you that this game is being made in RPG Maker XP (Postality Knights Edition). The game will host the good old Lufia Battle system, although I am desperately in need of a script for one! Whereas Lufia 3 held nine people in battle, this game will only allow upto four, the traditional way. Spiritual force is going to have to be back as it was such a key object in the storyline.
And...
Spoiler for:
For all those who have been dying to know what happens when ALL the Sinistrals combine...Well... that may just have something to do with the story.
Spoiler for:
The most mysterious character we've all been dying to see may make an entrance...
I will require some help from various people throughout the process such as people to create characters sprites, tiles, music, and of course help with some scripting, eg. I will need a Lufia Battle system.

If there is anyone that want to help in anyway and/or provide assistance or resources in any way, please PM me and we will see where we will go from there. Note: Battle system is my main scripting concern.

Well, that's about it, tell me what you think, add suggestions etc. and I'll hopefully see you guys around.

Cheers,

-xplody08
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 09:04:34 AM by xplody08 »

Rep:
Level 85
This needs more screenies and possible demo. But other than that I am interested.