RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Lottery System [VX]

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
The Lottery
Version: 1.1
Author: Grafikal007
Date: 8 - 13 - 2008

RMRK.net EXCLUSIVE Event System: Feel free to link to it  ^-^

Version History

• 1.0 [8/12/08] - Initial Release
  • 1.1 [8/13/08] - Added new feature

Description

Like a little mini-game. As it suggests, it IS the lottery. Win money!

Features

• I made this as Plug-n-Play as I possibly could
  • Different periods of the lottery or "Seasons"
  • FIREWORKS!!!
  • Easy customization of the length of a season, how much money to win, and the difficulty of winning
  • Can buy more tickets before a new season begins
  • Alerts you when the current season has ended so that you may go and return your tickets
  • FULLY COMPATIBLE with my other event systems and more to come...
  • NEW:(since 1.1) Now keeps track of how many times you've won the lottery and how much your last winning ticket was worth

Planned Additional Features

• None at the moment, Please suggest!

Screenshots

Not really applicable.

Instructions

To implement this event system, copy/paste my reserved Variables, Switches, Common Events, Items, and Animations into your game. Copy/paste the event guy that you talk to as well. Place him where ever you plan to have a lottery. Copy/paste the event for fireworks! Customization of the season length is explained in the common event. Customization of how much gold you can win is explained on the SECOND PAGE of the event guy. Customization of the difficulty of winning is explained on the SECOND PAGE of the event guy. To have the animation appear as though it does in the demo which I consider "properly executed", you must place the event to shoot the fireworks 8 spaces above where the fireworks will exit from. New:(since 1.1) Also copy/paste the event over the Sign in the sand of the demo. It keeps track of how many times you've won and your last amount won.

Credit

• Grafikal007
  • Arkbennet (for his basic structure that I took further then converted to VX)

Support

Support can be dealt with here in this topic or you may PM me.

Author's Notes

In the demo I've won once...  ;9

Have fun winning money! ;8

RMRK+ Format

This script is RMRK+ Format.

Variables Used

This is the reserved list of Variables I used:
  • Variables: 590 ~ 595
  • 590 ~ 594: Does what they're name says
  • 595: Keeps track of how many times you won the lottery

Switches Used

This is the reserved list of Switches I used:
  • Switches: 848 ~ 850
  • 848: Allows you to talk to the event guy after the season ends.
  • 849: Checks to make sure you have tickets.
  • 850: Shoots fireworks!!!!

Common Events Used

This is the reserved list of Common Events I used:
  • Common Events: 101
  • 101: When activated it starts the timer and is the core of the length of a season. Easily customizable.

Items Used
This is the reserved list of Items I used:
  • Item ID[250]: It's a lottery ticket.

Animations Used
This is the reserved list of Animations I used:
  • Animation ID[300]: They're fireworks!!!

Demo

Demo is attached
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 06:55:40 AM by grafikal007 »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
This seems like a cool event system. I couldn't win, but I like the fireworks. =o

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This is pretty cool. I'll add it to RMRK+ list. It doesn't reserve animations or items though, so I'll have to leave them out.

Anyway, when you want them added, it's easier for me if you post in the topics themselves with links and to declare your reserves. I'll see them sooner  ;)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Oh, I should probably reword a lot of things then, because when I mention "reserved" I just mean that those are the ID slots I'm using in the demo so that it'll just be easy to swap over to another person's game with minimal overlapping of ID's of stuff. There's not much that is reserved by something else in the demo except maybe the switches.  :)

Rep:
Level 81
?????????????
 :blizj: :blizj: YEAH!! I WIN THE LOTTERY!! I WIN 16030 GOLDS!! THIS SCRIPT IS GOOD!! PRETTY GOOD!!  :blizj: :blizj:
遠い銀河からのスーパー戦士。
本は、セバスチャンです。
これは強力で、手に負えない。
彼の物理レベルのスキルは驚嘆です。[/b]

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Haha congrats :)

Rep:
Level 81