RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Symphony of the Gray

Rep:
Level 85
Aye, I need to feed my fishies!
Symphony of the Gray

About the Game

Spoiler for History:
Legend has it that many centuries ago, a foolish scholar dared to mess with the natural order of the world. And with this action, total chaos drained the world of having anything worth living for. And just when the total living population of the planet fell close to the point of total extinction, the scholar made another idiotic mistake: He brought back beings to the world that had long ago perished.

But along with the spirits who see the world with nothing but anger and hate, there were also many others who loved the world and had gave their lives to chase after dreams of a peaceful planet. And with the help of kind spirits, the few living beings that still remain on the broken planet revolted and fought against the scholar. And as punishment for the scholar, the spirits cursed him to forever dream a nightmare of the horrendous planet he was on path to make.

And with hopes to prevent the planet from further destruction, the spirits created a scroll that is said to heal the world of all wounds. With the scroll in the hands of ten wise heroes, it would seem as if the planet was on a sure path to recovery.

Spoiler for Story:
Noah thought he had his whole life mapped out; inheriting his parent's inn, marrying the girl next door, have kids, grow old and wrinkly, then die like his grandpa did. Having watch his younger brother, Leuz, who excel at everything he lifted a finger to try (save house keeping and childbirth), Noah gave up the idea of doing much of anything else. Especially when said little bro set out to adventure with a couple of friends.

But when a spirit appears before Noah mistaking him for his younger brother, things turn for the worse.

The Characters

Spoiler for The Living:

Name: Noah
Their Situation: Stuck between depression and boredom at having his future so clearly written in stone, he watch his brother's back in envy for the years seventeen years Leuz lived. But when a mysterious ghost came and mistaken him for his little brother who had left a while ago, things become even more depressing.

Name: Leuz
Their Situation: Noah's prodigy of a little brother who seems to excel at almost everything he does. Went out adventuring with a couple of friends months before.

Spoiler for The Dead:

Name: Yue
Their Situation: A mysterious ghost who seems to be looking for Leuz.

Currently I'm questioning myself on whether this is good enough. I've been working around this idea for years now and suddenly, it seems as if I can finally turn it into a real game. The title is probably temporary as I'm not a very good Title Namer, so suggestions & critiques are welcomed on that among other things. Please do tell me what you think in any way, don't hold back on knocking me in the head if this sounds way too cliche or so. (though I have been told that cliche-ness isn't a bad thing if you have your own original twist on it)

Really, should I move forward as it is now? Or should I do more reforming? (and are there any spelling mistakes?)

• I plan to use a RMXP for this one.

Spoiler for List of Updates:
9-3-08: Title Change from"Legend of a Scroll" to "Symphony of the Gray".

What is done so far:
Story Completion: 3%
Character Planning: 5%
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 02:50:35 AM by 3BJSandW »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Will you be making it in RMXP or RMVX?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 85
Aye, I need to feed my fishies!
 :-[ Aye, I am sorry for not making that clear at first. I plan on using a RMXP, though that might change if I find another maker easier to use.