RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Bypassing Internet Blocks?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Page blocked
The page you've been trying to access was blocked.

Reason: Forbidden URL. URL Category is Streaming Media .
The ID of the transaction is 5FD8958F.
powered by Finjan's Vital Security
is the message I get when I open youtube. This happens to a lot of other sites, even though some of them are school-related.
Furthermore, my principal banned MSN (lolwut)even though most of us use it for groupwork.

I need to access to those sites. I tried www.unblocksitesnow.com (proxy) but it was also blocked.

Give me guidance  ;9

EDIT:Forgot to add, I live in a boarding school. So there.
EDIT2:I'm glad they didn't block rmrk.  ;8
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
at my school, we always use calculatepie.com, but with your schools elusive prowess, they probably blocked that too.

In any case, proxy browsing is absolute crap. We only ever use it for youtube, and that in itself is hard to navigate.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
Not sure if this will work at where you are, but using google and clicking the "Catched" link will open the site and it usually isn't blocked. I've done this at my school all the time, and since they can't really ban google, it's much better than a proxy. However, clinking links within the website will still be blocked, so all sites should be accessed by google only =\
The good part tho, you can find almost any youtube video via google.

- -

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I would have suggested proxy, but another way to do it.

Go to google, in the image search box type "site:www.google.com logo"
Find a picture of one of the google logos and navigate to the main page.
Your done.
It will lead the ISP to believe your on Google, even though your viewing other pages, without the slowdown of a proxy.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Not sure if this will work at where you are, but using google and clicking the "Catched" link will open the site and it usually isn't blocked. I've done this at my school all the time, and since they can't really ban google, it's much better than a proxy. However, clinking links within the website will still be blocked, so all sites should be accessed by google only =\
The good part tho, you can find almost any youtube video via google.
Unfortunately...

I would have suggested proxy, but another way to do it.

Go to google, in the image search box type "site:www.google.com logo"
Find a picture of one of the google logos and navigate to the main page.
Your done.
It will lead the ISP to believe your on Google, even though your viewing other pages, without the slowdown of a proxy.
Can you repeat that? I don't get it. :-\

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant

aw crap, well, the thing is that you can browse the internet in the google image search.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Is this high school or college because in high school the security company contract with the url recorder
from all terminals. They tend to actually read the web activity.
Considering so In my senior and junior year i typed.

thisfirewallsucks.com
youguysrgay.com
whydidyoublockgamefaqs.com
youfuckingfags.com

Loaded various proxys from http://proxy.org/cgi_proxies.shtml preferably the newest and fastest then worked my way down until I got through with a bypass.

In responce they cracked my geocities account which i was using for file storage of documents and source codes at the time
they changed my password. :-(

I kinda got owned and I was sad.

High Schools can be pretty sadistic.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
use an NS lookup to find the sites ip address and type that in. usually works cept some schools will block ips...>.<

http://www.kloth.net/services/nslookup.php

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Spoiler for:

None of them works. Well, I guess I'll have to buy a router sometime soon.  :-\

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I thought my idea would be perfect  ;9

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Well, my school "hired" network pirates as the wireless security advisors so yeah - can't beat net pirates  ;9

Rep:
Level 87
If only life had HDR lighting... (sigh)
If you're still looking for help on this, you could use a proxy that runs through another persons ISP.
Peacefire.org is the homepage, and their latest circumventor is starclapper.com
It might still be blocked, because your school's security could just be blocking all https (yes, https, it sounds dumb, but it's real. Secure Http? my ass.) sites.
If that's the case, and you don't mind mind-blowingly slow internet, you could use torpark.
But I've seen a school block that too...
If worst comes to worst, try making friends with the Sysadmins.

They might have a connection outside of the hardware firewall, without the block on it.
Or, you could find that connection, depending on how they have it secured on the network, and run an ethernet cord from it.
But that would be really hard, and good for about 2 minutes. Just, never admit defeat, becuase then those traitors have won!   :lol:

Rep:
Level 92
The Return of Mandy
Omgrosh.
Step 1:
Find old computer.
Step 2:
Install LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL and PHP) Ubuntu Server on sed old computer. Teh links: http://www.ubuntu.com/
Step 3:
Don't forget to forward your ports on your router.
Step 4:
Buy router if you don't have one.
Step 5:
Install a PHP proxy. Teh links: http://sourceforge.net/projects/poxy/
Step 6:
Avoid the learning process and watch your tubeyous.

A triumphant return, or just a quick visit?

Where there are no gold stars, demerits, or infractions. <3

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
OH DEAR GOD CRANKEYE
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
RUN ITS THE FEDS

I mean... hey there crankeye >_>
A triumphant return, or just a quick visit?

you tease, this is surely a return.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
OH DEAR GOD CRANKEYE

Holy shit, i've only heard the legends ...o.o

i feel like a noob, i read the wiki :P.